Chapter 9

Maybe

"She was in a critical condition when she was brought to the hospital. We tried our best and managed to save her life but she is currently under Intensive Care Unit. We don't know when will she exactly wake up", the doctor said to us. 

Tears started to roll down everyone's cheeks.

"It's all my fault! I shouldn't have acted rashly.. I should have listened to her explanation first..", Tiffany started to reproach herself.

"Nobody expected this to happen.. It's an accident.. Let's pray hard for her..", Sunny comforted the girl.

"Fany-ah.. Do you know that few days ago Taeyeon asked me how to propose to you as your seventh anniversary was coming..", Yuri said with a sad tone.

Tiffany kept silent as her tears rolled non-stop. 

"She even bought you a ring and wanted to propose to you this evening if it hadn't for the quarrel... You shouldn't have doubted her love for you Fany-ah....", Yuri started tearing up further.

"Excuse me.. Are you Fany?", the person who helped and called an ambulance for Taeyeon asked.

"Yes.. I am.. You are..?", Tiffany asked.

"The lady who met with the accident just now is Taeyeon right? She was calling your name and she mentioned ring as she struggled to pass me the ring box she's holding. Soon after she passed out", the person handed over the ring box to Tiffany and she left.

Tiffany was totally speechless. She leaned on the wall and sat down on the floor crying her lungs out.

"Why did I.... Why did I even doubt her love for me after all that we've been through these years... I'm so sorry Taeyeon... I'm really sorry..", she cried regretfully.

"Get some grip Fany-ah.. Let's go and see her at the ward. She wouldn't wanna see you in this state.. All of us will pray hard for her to wake up..", Sunny patted her back.

Four days had passed. Everyday Tiffany had spend her time sitting by Taeyeon's bed, holding her hands tightly while talking to her and waiting for her to wake up. Suddenly she felt fingers moving. 

"Uhhh..?", Tiffany got confused as she thought she was dreaming that Taeyeon is moving her fingers.

The fingers moved again and Tiffany saw Taeyeon's eyes open and blinking.

"Who are you? Where am I?", Taeyeon asked Tiffany.

"Taetae I'm Fany-ah..", Tiffany answered.

"Taetae...? Who is Taetae..? Fa... ny..? Do I know you..?", Taeyeon said.

"Taetae don't you remember me? I'm your girlfriend Tiffany", she replied.

Taeyeon just looked confused as she stared at Tiffany.

"Doctor!!! She's awake!! But why is it that she don't seem to remember me?", Tiffany shouted for the doctor.

"Please excuse me. Let me examine her first", the doctor said to her.

"Sorry Miss Tiffany.. She is alright now, in a stable condition but I'm afraid she had lost part of her memory.. What you can do is to try and help her regain her memory by bringing her to places that can trigger her memory back..", the doctor explained and left.

Tiffany went all quiet again and her tears fell once again. She walked over to Taeyeon and sit by her bed.

"Taetae is a name I call you.. Only I call you Taetae.. I'm Tiffany.. Fany.. Your girlfriend.. You met with an accident four days ago and you were warded in ICU since..", Tiffany explained.

"Uhhh..", Taeyeon answered with a cold tone.

"Where is Sunny, Yuri, Jessica and the rest? Didn't they visit me when I'm hospitalised?, Taeyeon asked.

Tiffany felt surprised at Taeyeon's words. Taeyeon seemed to remember everyone else except for her.

"You remembered them? You remembered them all?", Tiffany asked.

"Of course. We are all attending the same school and we always hang around together. I must have missed lots of lessons since I'm hospitalised. I hope I can catch up soon with the class", Taeyeon said.

Tiffany was totally puzzled at what she said.

"You are now already a successful celebrity. Why are you talking about lessons and classes?", Tiffany asked Taeyeon who is talking weirdly.

"Successful celebrity? Hahahaha I wished I can be. I will study really hard. Anyway are you a new classmate? Don't try to joke with me that you are my girlfriend ok. I never had a girlfriend. Furthermore all these while I'm actually already having a crush on Jessica. You know her right? That chic girl who is available. Nobody has managed to steal her heart yet", Taeyeon said without knowing that she is talking nonsensically.

Tiffany walked out to find the doctor.

"Yes?", the doctor asked.

"Why does she seem to think that she is living in a world eight years ago?", Tiffany asked with a very concerned face.

"I think she had hit the side of her head which had caused her to lose part of her memories. That's why she thinks that the present moment is her eight years ago. There's a possibility that she can regain back all her memories but there's also a possibility that she will never ever remember those memories again. Like I told you just now. You can try to go to places with her that can trigger back all her memories that was lost", the doctor said and left.

Tiffany was totally speechless and feeling confused. She is happy that Taeyeon has woke up and her condition is stable but the fact that Taeyeon could not remember her or anything about them makes her feel so heartbroken.

"Soonkyu-ah.. Taeyeon has woke up.. You can bring the girls to visit her..", TIffany called and informed Sunny.

The moment Tiffany saw the girls in front of the ward, she told them "Taeyeon had lost part of her memories. She is thinking that now is eight years ago and she said that she never had a girlfriend and that all these while she is crushing on Sica..".

"Huhhh??? What???", everybody exclaimed but Yuri and Jessica were the loudest.

"I think in the past during school days before I came to your school, she have been crushing on Sica. She even said that Jessica is chic and available and that nobody had manage to steal her heart yet..", Tiffany said as she burst into tears.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My story has started to become more crappy and lame right? I suddenly lost ideas to write. I will try my best to complete this illogical nonsensical story of mine >_<