Chapter 3

Maybe

Three weeks has passed. Most of them have already gotten closer to Tiffany.

"Class, I'm going to go around to see your progress for the song composition assignment", the teacher said.

"Oh no! We are still stuck at thinking what sort of song should we make.. Taeyeon-ah.. How?", Tiffany panicked.

"Don't worry. Let's decide on what sort of song we want to make now and randomly play a short piece to seonsaeng-nim. It's not as if our skills are that bad you know hehe", Taeyeon reassured the girl.

"Ahh.. Okay.. Let's do just that. All that extra practice lessons for dancing made me overlook on and forget to get you to do this assignment together. I should have concentrated and danced better. I'm sorry Taeyeon..", Tiffany said.

"It's okay. Take your time.. You don't have to apologize to me.. It's not something you need to be sorry about.. I will draft the song first and let you hear once it's done", Taeyeon told Tiffany.

"Good thing my extra dance practice lessons ended yesterday. Now we can concentrate on doing this assignment", said Tiffany, feeling relieved.

"Tiffany, you know the next time you need any help regarding the lessons or anything, feel free to consult me. I can guide you for dance practice after school hours too you know..", she said and smiled to the girl.

"Uhmm. Ok. Thanks Taetae! You're the best!", Tiffany said happily and hugged the girl.

"Ohmygod. She's hugging me? And what did she call me? Taetae?", Taeyeon thought to herself and smiled like a little kid.

Tiffany then release her from the hug and said, "Hey Taetae, are you okay? Why are you in a daze smiling to yourself?".

"Ummm... Errr... No.. Nothing...", Taeyeon got flustered.

"Anyway, why did you call me Taetae? This is the first time anybody had called me that way..", Taeyeon said.

"Hmmm.. I don't know why but I just thought of calling you Taetae. It sounds not bad isn't it?", Tiffany replied.

"Ummm.. actually it does sound okay hehe..", Taeyeon answered in a silly manner.

"You still haven't answered me why were you in a daze smiling to yourself Taetae?", Tiffany asked again curiously.

"Ummm.. Errr.. It's just.. It's just... I thought of something..", Taeyeon muttered.

"Omo! What did you think of? Don't tell me because I hugged you suddenly, you got so happy by that and think that I like you?", Tiffany said with her loud voice.

"Ahh.. No... That's not what I mean.. Err...", Taeyeon said as she started to get clueless to how she is supposed to answer.

"kekekeke. Look at you.. Looking all flustered and confused. I'm just joking Taetae kekekeke", Tiffany started laughing as she looked at Taeyeon's face.

"Aishhh.. You... Seriously... Have you joined the alliance with Soonkyu, Yuri and the rest to tease me? Now even you tease me.. Hmpf..", Taeyeon said sulkily.

"kekekeke. Don't be sulky. I'm sorry ok Taetae.. I promise I'll try my best not to tease you and also promise to study and work hard", TIffany smiled as she try to pacify Taeyeon.

As usual, the soft-hearted Taeyeon melted at Tiffany's eye smile.

"Make sure okay...", Taeyeon said.

"Anyway, are you free tomorrow? Let's meet up to discuss further on our song composition assignment", Taeyeon suggested.

"Tomorrow... Hmm.. I'm free so it should be okay! Where should we meet up?", Tiffany answered.

"How about the beach? I think it would be a good place for us to get inspirations right?", Taeyeon replied.

"Hmm... It sounds like a really good idea. Ok this Saturday at 2pm I'll meet you at the usual cafe. We'll take the bus from there to the beach", Tiffany said.

"Alright. I'll bring keyboard and laptop so we can draft the song at there", Taeyeon told Tiffany.

"Rrrrrriiiiiiinnnnggggggg", the school bell rang and school is over. It is time for them to go home.

"Ok. I'll see you tomorrow then Taetae. Byebye!", Tiffany smiled and bid her goodbye.

"Ok.. Uhhh... Tiffany.. Do you wanna join us to the usual cafe?", Taeyeon asked.

"I can't. It's my sister's birthday today and my dad is fetching me home. I'm sorry Taetae..", Tiffany apologized.

"Ahhh... It's okay. Family is more important. I'll just see you tomorrow then.. Byebye..", Taeyeon bid her goodbye to Tiffany half-heartedly.

Deep inside her heart she wanted to be much more closer to Tiffany even though they are already a step closer to each other than before.

Yuri, Sunny, Jessica, Yoona, Sooyoung, Seohyun, Hyoyeon and Min was waiting for Taeyeon outside the class.

"YAAA KIM TAEYEON! Didn't you say we are all going to the usual cafe? Come on hurry let's go!", Sooyoung said.

Taeyeon had earlier asked the group of them to hang out at the usual cafe too. Actually it was one of her excuse to ask Tiffany out as she thought with the other girls around, Tiffany would have come along.

"Uhhhh... I'm sorry my mum called me just now asking me to go home straight today to take care of Hayeon...", Taeyeon lied.

"YA YA YA YA!! Don't lie Kim Taeyeon. It's because Tiffany's not coming with us that's why you didn't wanna join us right?", Yoona .

"Ahhh.. Ani.... It's true my mum called me...", Taeyeon said.

"Still trying to lie huh.. I heard your conversation with Tiffany earlier. You liked her don't you?", Sooyoung asked.

"Aishhh.. You guys are thinking too much.. Who said I like her?", Taeyeon tried to answer confidently.

"Nobody said so but all your actions say it all, Taengoo-ah", Sunny said to the girl.

"I... I... ", Taeyeon started to stutter.

"Do you need any help? I've been best friends with Fany since childhood you know. Who knows I can help? Who knows she might even be having a crush on you too kekekeke", Jessica giggled as she offered help to Taeyeon.

"Sica-ah not you too.. Aishhh.. I really need to go home now.. Sorry.. You guys have fun okay. i'll join you guys again the next time. Byebye..", Taeyeon bid them goodbye and left.

"Let's just go without the two of them. There's still many other days to chill out together again next time.", Hyoyeon said and all of them headed to the cafe.