Chapter 1

Maybe

It is a Monday. As usual Taeyeon had to go to her school where she learns singing, dancing, musical instruments and many more. Since young, Taeyeon had a lot of interest in music and the arts so her parents enrolled her into a music school.

This particular day, she had to send her little sister, Hayeon, to the childcare centre first before going to school as her parents and older brother, Jiwoong, were not around to do so. Her first lesson was vocal class that starts at 8am.

"Ding Dong!", the sound of the bus bell ringing. It was time for Taeyeon to alight. As soon as she alighted the bus, she started running to her school as it was already 7.55am.

"YAAAAAA!! Didn't you have your eyes looking in front while you walk?!", a girl exclaimed while picking up her things that fell off from her hands.

"I'm so sorry.. I'm really so sorry", Taeyeon apologized to the girl while helping the girl pick up her things.

Taeyeon had bumped into the girl while she was running to school.

"Next time please be more careful okay!", the girl said, rolling her eyes at Taeyeon and walked away.

"Wow. Why did she get so mad over it? I apologized and even helped her pick up her things", Taeyeon mumbled to herself and sighed as she quickly run to school.

"Let's start with our lesson for today", the vocal teacher said to the class.

Just then Taeyeon reached the class.

"I'm sorry I'm a little bit late seonsaeng-nim. I had an urgent matter at home just now", Taeyeon apologized and explained.

"It's okay. Next time just inform me if you are going to be late. Now go and take a seat. We are going to start our class already", the vocal teacher said.

"YA KIM TAEYEON! Come on here, sit beside me!", Sunny who is Taeyeon's close friend shouted at her.

 "Ne.. Nan ara..", Taeyeon said while walking towards the empty seat beside Sunny.

As soon as Taeyeon sat on the seat, she realized a familiar figure sitting down beside Jessica, her classmate.

"Soonkyu-ah, who's that girl sitting beside Jessica?", Taeyeon asked Sunny.

"She's a new girl that has just joined our music school. Her name is Tiffany Hwang and she will be in the same class as us from today. I heard she is Jessica's best friend since childhood", Sunny answered.

The school bell rang. First class has ended. The next class was music composition lesson. Everybody had to leave the vocal classroom and move into the classroom for music composition.

"Hey, Tiffany", Taeyeon called.

"Yes?", Tiffany answered as she turned around to look.

The moment their eyes met, Tiffany said, "Oh it's you the one who bumped into me just now!".

"Hey.. Sorry about just now. I was in a hurry to reach school on time..", Taeyeon apologized and explained.

"Hah. Nevermind. It's not as though you mean to hit me or did not apologize. Next time just be more careful okay?", Tiffany said.

"I will. Sorry about that. Anyway it's your first day here in this school right? Come, follow me. I will show you where the classroom for music composition is", Taeyeon said.

"It's okay. Jessica can bring me there", Tiffany answered.

"YA KIM TAEYEON, are you trying to flirt with Tiffany there? Come on and walk faster or all of us will be late!", Jessica shouted while the rest looked.

"Tiffany, come let's go. Jessica and the rest are waiting for us", Taeyeon said.