Chapter 14

Baby steps

a/n: i apologize for the long wait, university life is pain in the . i can't thank you enough for every one who's leaving reviews, upvoted this story, subscribes, and read. thank you, you guys are the best. i rewrite this story, more than 10 times i think but i just finished it now, it's 1 am here, so please, bear with any grammar mistake. no need for more words, please upvoted, subscribes, and leave your thought about this chapter or what would you want to see for developed their relationship. it'll really help me a lot. thank you and enjoy.

- M

Jessica’s POV

I stirred a little from my slumber sleep when the shine gotten their way to break the dawn,

The sun makes a breakthrough above the window, making its way to wake me up.

I slightly open an eye and welcomed the morning sight.

I’m trying to rub my eyes, to wipe the sleep away.

First thing after pulling myself together, my eyes landed on beautiful self that had been sleep next to me all night long.

I remembered last night,

She texted me to sleep with her,

Without hesitating, I walked to her room with tiptoeing all the way,

my light step brought me to her embrace,

I finally crumbled on her arms,

Letting the day called it off,

Where she holds me until sleep finally taking me over.

Faster than friction.

And now,

I turn myself to the left side,

I put my left arm to support me as I’m trying to get a better view from the beautiful sight.

I let my eyes wondering from her bangs that covered her forehead,

She still has her eyes closed,

Her lips shut tightly,

And her jawline makes me want to caress it,

but I hold it back since she looks so calm and,

beautiful in her deep sleep.

I don’t want to wake her up, at least not yet.

A smile drawn upon my face,

Waking up next to her,

Being able to look at her calm and beautiful face,

listening to her steady heartbeat,

just being aware if she is next to me every time I open my eyes,

will be my favorite way for waking up.

She starts to stir a little, I’m trying to hold my breath,

I don’t know why, but all I want to do is letting her to have more sleep.

Some hair strains drop on her face,

I gently bruised my fingers with her silky hair,

Placing the strains behind her ear,

And carefully caressing every inch of her face.

“sica,”

And sunny’s voice bring my attention away from taeyeon,

“Since when you were here? I didn’t even know if there are 2 bodies on that bed when I drink a glass of water in the kitchen last night.”

“ssshhhh, keep it down,” I put my index finger to my lips as I’m trying to shush her.

“why? It’s about time until she wakes up.”

I’m sending her a glare until she gave up and leave us alone.

But the door’s clicking sound make taeyeon a little startled,

She has her eyes open slowly and the first thing she noticed is my existence.

Just like an automatic reflect every time she look at me, I give her a megawatt smile that reaches to my eyes.

“good morning,” I managed to greet her.

And she reply with an amused smile, I think she hasn’t fully awake by now,

So I initiate to take a step forward and capture her lips with mine for a few second.

And it works; she has her eyes open widely,

But then she doesn’t even move, only her eyes starting to blink in sync.

“tae?.”

“I thought it was only a dream until your lips landed on mine,” she said as she has her goofy smile. This dorks.

“dork, what if it’s only a dream then?” I asked.

“I don’t want to wake up, or I just have to sneak into your room.”

And she has a satisfied smile when she saw me giggling.

When my giggle has died down, she brings her hand to my hair,

Slowly taking it times for caressing my side face,

And finally she takes my breath away when she kissed me.

It wasn’t a deep kiss, but strong enough to give me a flutter stomach in response.

“and it is a good morning,” she said as she look me in the eye.

After a few second of quietness, she broke it with, “you look beautiful.”

“don’t lie,” I said teasingly. Even so, I’m trying so hard to not blush. I feel my heart beating rapidly, she just a few inch from me and I can’t get over her compliments. Even just by small things like now.

“you are beautiful,” she said as she pressed another kiss on my lips and then she gets up from her bed.

I’m trying to pull myself together, again, recovering from the last kiss and compliments, and getting up as well. We walked by her wardrobe and I notice a plastic bag, with a couple of phone case ready to fall out.

But then she holds my hand and drags me to living room, where everybody gathered,

I still have my flushed face when I came out from taeyeon’s room and sooyoung needs to catch up really fast,

“omo, you guys sleep together?,” sooyoung asked with her rising tones and widen eyes and it’s funny knowing she is sick but she has energy to yell. My face goes redder now.

“sleeping together? As in you know what I mean?,” and now yuri has to joined.

“look at Jessica, she has her flushed face, omo, “ soo added. That rascal.

“do you know about it? I thought you slept at your room, last night,” and now fany pointed her finger to sunny who was playing with prince in the couch. The other 6 pairing eyes were looking at sunny too now.

Taeyeon didn’t seem to make it a big deal about being accused to sleep with me, she drags me on the kitchen and pouring me a glass of milk, still not letting go my hand. she didn’t know if I nearly die on the spot when they are making a guess about us sleeping together.

How could they think if we sleep together. While they were here. Ummm doesn’t mean if they weren’t here, we’re gonna do it, because….because…. god, just to think about it gives me a headache. I gulped the milk at once. Taeyeon raised an eyebrow when I put my empty glass down, and pouring another shot.

“I did sleep in my room last night,” sunny said giving her frowning look at everyone in the room, who looks at her. Fany comes to her and patting her back, giving her an understanding look. Trying to give her support. FOR WHAT? WE DIDN’T DO ANYTHING.

“what? You guys did it when she was in the room?,” soo asked again.

“you guys are too cruel, how could our innocent sunny lives her life now, she must be scared to death,” hyo jumps in.

“innocent?,” I asked. Why did I have to asked that? I should clarify if nothing happened, but instead…. Jessica you are really dumb.

“but I didn’t hear anything,” sunny said.

“omo, you guys really great to keep it down,” soo said.

“of course they are, even if they are very vocal, they are alto,” fany said, still sunny back.

“I doubt it since sica unnie has soprano,” yoona retort.

“what?,” I raised my voice with flushed face.

“but I heard a whimper,” sunny added, looking at tiffany with her puppy eyes.

And now 7 pair eyes, including sunny, looking at me and taeyeon, I squeeze taeyeon hand,

“stop it, we didn’t do anything.” Taeyeon said with her calm voice and pouring cereal on a bowl.

“really? And what about the whimper?,” yoona joined in. How. Could. She. I send her my death glare right now, and yoona suddenly lowering her head.

“probably prince or ginger,” taeyeon said, again with her calm voice. This time she takes the milk in the bowl.

“so what is it with Jessica’s flushed face when she get out from your room?,” soo asked. Remain me again to give her a bitter tea when she was about drinking her meds.

“mind your own business, guys,” taeyeon said, she wasn’t even taking a glance to them when she answered every question.

And I could see everyone slumped their shoulder when taeyeon gave her answer.

“you guys are no fun,” soo broke the silence and she goes to her room again. And it leaves us with sunny and fany in the room.

I don’t know why but soo’s words make me blushed even more,

Did they really expect us to do that in the dorm with bunch of byuntaes?

“sica-ya, your face is still flushed, are you sick?,” fany’s voice brought my attention back to reality. She took a right seat next to me. When I try to cover my cheek, taeyeon’s hand already there.

“no, she isn’t, stop teasing her,” taeyeon said as let her hand drop from my face and put a spoon cereal in .

“I didn’t, I genuinely care if she has a fever,” and now fany is pouting her lips.

When I was about to comfort tiffany, a spoon of cereal landed on my mouth, taeyeon was feeding me like tiffany hasn’t said anything, fany frowns,

“yah, listen to me,” and now fany’s whining.

“I did listen to you,” taeyeon said as she feeding me again, not giving me a chance to comfort tiffany again.

And tiffany puffs her cheeks, I’m trying to send her my apologetic looks and being feed by taeyeon again.

“sica,” and now sunny is sitting on my left side.

“hmm?,” I replied, trying to swallow the cereal.

“last night is the longest sleep taeyeon’s ever had since a long time,” sunny said, trying to have a spoon of cereal, but taeyeon slaps her hand and giving her a i-will-murder-you-look. Sunny pouts.

“give it to me,” sunny whines.

“why?,” I asked, i become worried now. Scrunching my eyebrows until meet in a line.

And when she was about to answer it, taeyeon shoved a full spoon of cereal,

“chew, don’t talk,” she commands. She has her serious look.

But curiosity kills me.

“chew then talk to me,” I said as I give taeyeon a sign to stop her threat because it wasn’t going to work, because I want to know what sunny meant.

After swallowing all the food, sunny opens up to speak but then taeyeon shoved another spoon of cereal. And now I send her my glare. She just turns around and goes to refrigerator, to get some water. I take a bowl in my grasp and waiting for sunny to talked.

“so?,” I said when I saw her swallowing all the cereal down to .

“lee soonkyu, I heard the newest Nintendo is out, do you want me to get it for you?.”

And then sunny’s eyes light up and she sends me her sorry looks.

“yah, lee soonkyu, don’t you dare to hang up on me, tell me what you have to say before this instant,” I said with my annoyed tone.

“I’m sorry sica,” and she walks away as she kissed my cheek.

“I’m waiting for it, taeyeon, grabbed it soon,” sunny yelled from her room.

And there is this tense feelings in the kitchen, I narrowed my eyes on taeyeon’s back, she is cleaning the dish right now.

“I’m going to change guys, see you later,” and tiffany out from the room.

“do you want me to cook hamburger? i think you need more than cereal,” taeyeon said as she looks at me with her nothing-just-happened-voice.

“no, I’m fine,” I said. Letting a sighed escape.

“or do you want a fried rice? I can make it for you in 10 minutes,” taeyeon asked again. This time she takes her time to look at me with her concern looks.

“I’m full.”

“no you’re not.”

“I am, I had more cereal than you off the record.”

“but you are thinner than me, I can’t let you shrink more now,” she said.

“no taeyeon, I’m getting fatter, don’t you see it?,” I asked with my desparate tone now.

She is eyeing me from my hair until my toed,

“no, you are not, baby, I feel like you are going to get crushed from my hug last night,” she said. But I feel a little bit offended since she is the one who gets smaller between us.

“don’t treat me like I’m the fragile one here, taeyeon.”

And there’s a paused. There’s sharp cold tone in my voice.

“what do you mean?,” she still has her calm voice. I expect her to be mad at me too.

“you are the one who gets skinnier than ever, you should eat more.”

“I know, and I do eat more now, but don’t turn this table on me, I asked you to eat more since you have hectic schedule coming up, we have our comeback today, you’re going to have a fan-sign and upcoming show with krystal, you should eat more than a banana on breakfast, or cereal, or a cup of ice cream as lunch, and salad as your dinner, I don’t feel good when I saw how little you eat.”

I exhaled a big air, “I don’t feel good with my own body, taeyeon, I feel insecure with my own weight.”

And then she has a frown on her face, but not for too long, it changes into a sad look.

“it makes me feel if I just failed for being your girlfriend,” she tried her best to brush her sad face. I feel bad,

“don’t say that, it doesn’t involve you the way I see myself.”

And she sighs,

“I wish I could change the way you see yourself,” she said as she took a little closer step to my face.

I only look at her, watching her moves,

“I wish you could see, the way I see you, how perfect you are, how beautiful you are even you weren’t trying.”

She kissed my forehead and make a U-turn to kiss my lips.

She carefully moves her lips, waiting for entrance,

And there, she makes me trembling in my own feet,

As I kissed her back.

----

We are up for our comeback stage, all the fans are cheering with all they might.

It’s still amaze us how supportive and loyal our fans are,

We even can tell if half of studio is full with our fans.

We all feel nervous now, even taeyeon is starting to squeezing my hand.

“you’ll do great,” I said as I’m trying to ease up her nervousness.

She just replies me with her smile and a nod.

“I love you,” she said as 9 of us getting ready to walk on the stage.

This time I have a smile as response too, and said,

“I love you too, let’s show them if we are worth waiting for.”

We are on stage with a great atmosphere, and mood lifted up,

Sooyoung was trying her best to not collapse on our performance,

Fans chant really bring our best out,

Taeyeon even take a glance to my side with her smile reaching up her ear,

After we bow, we were waiting for the announcement.

Thankfully, we get first place on our comeback,

We all feel grateful because we didn’t lost our treasure, our fans,

Even after we’ve been through, the dating news.

All 7 girls are happy chit-chatting about our first trophy,

I can’t help but feel happy too knowing my members are in a great mood.

Knowing taeyeon has her satisfied smile after worrying too much about fans leaving us.

I remember that day after yoona and sooyoung’s dating news out,

Taeyeon was depressed.

She even considering to change our concept, she said,

“what if we are trying to performance with lingerie?.”

And fany hits her head with a novel that’s on her hand,

“I know you are stressing about the news and fans but seriously taeyeon, are you gonna show your byuntae side now?.”

And then now, we are happily talking in the van, on our way back to dorm.

“I’m glad we made it,” I said as I lock my arms on hers. She took a seat next to me.

“yeah, I’m glad I didn’t bang our fan’s head on the wall when she asked about your dating issue.”

I remember that, it happened less than a half hour ago,

A fan was coming up near me when I’m about to leave the studio,

“unnie, are you really dating that kwon ahjussi?,” a girl around teen years asked me. And then another fan whom standing beside her said,

“if there’s any kwon you’ll be dating,I only approve if it’s only kwon yuri.”

And then out of nowhere, taeyeon’s voice came behind me.

“no, it’s not true,” and then she pushed me out from studio,leaving our fans in daze,

“kwon yuri they said,” taeyeon said with her gritted teeth. I forget how cute taeyeon when she gets all jealous before.

And we back to present time,

“yes, I’m glad you didn’t flipped out and clasped their head together.”

“of course, I love them too much.”

And we back to dorm at 10 pm, feeling relieved when we take out our costume from our skins.

“do you have a minute?,” taeyeon’s head suddenly popped up on my door room, well, it’s yoona and mine.

“yep,” I said as I finishing up to remove my makeup.

She already has her makeup removed too.

“do you have a snack on your back, unnie?,” yoona asked.

“nope,” and taeyeon brings her empty hands in front of her, yoona pouts.

“no fun,” yoona said

“but I’m about too if your sica unnie wants to join me and eat something,” taeyeon said, giving yoona a bribe look. What even a bribe look is.

And now yoona is beside me, trying to persuade me to go out with taeyeon,

“unnie please, I’m hungry.”

“you can call to take in, young,” I said as I brushed my hair.

“it’s boring to eat the same foot all over again,” yoona answered. It’s annoying how taeyeon smiles on the door, looking at yoona bribing me.

“but it’s late, yoonaya, I’m going to get fat and my face is going to swollen.”

“unnie, you don’t have to worry about that, you already so skinny, I can feel your bones when I slap your .”

Taeyeon was nodding her head when yoona said the skinny part but she glares at her when yoona said she slapped my .

“what? You slap her ?,” taeyeon asked with her raising tones.

I’m holding back my giggling, now I have to carry on with the mission to focused on slap part so I don’t have to eat,

“yah, im yoona, that’s mine, even me don’t have a chance to touch it, and you already slapped it?.”

And then yoona was trying her hard to give an excuse, but she ends up saying,

“it’s because that’s the only place I could slap, another place is full with only bones!.”

And that brings taeyeon’s attention back to me.

“you heard that?,” she asked.

And I manage to nod and lowering my head, am I really too skinny?

“now, let’s go,” and I feel taeyeon was grabbing my hand and a jacket to cover me from the cold night. Not giving me a chance to backed up.

Taeyeon is driving her car to an Italian restaurant.

“wait here,” taeyeon said as she gets out from the car and heading to restaurant.

I’m waiting about 15 minutes until she comes back with hands full of food.

“here, hold this until we reach to our destination,” she said as she fasten up her belt.

We were talking about our performance and funny things about the night,

It’s a light topic, I feel like we’ve never been apart before, it feels so natural to tell her about my day, like there’s never the distance between us,

Without I noticed, taeyeon stopped our track and turning on the lamp,

“this is for you,” she takes out my favorite kind of pasta, macaroni and cheese, and she takes out her spaghetti.

 I feel my stomach is drooling and ready to sounds it soon.

But it’s too late to eat at this hour, but then I saw taeyeon deliciously eating her spaghetti, or she is just trying to make me eat the food, I can’t tell the difference.

And then taeyeon’s concern voice about me being too skinny make me feel bad, yoona’s voice been featured too in my head,

“don’t get sick, sica, or I’m going to be mad at myself for failing to treat you right,” she said between the slurping sound.

I just shaking my head with a giggle, I take a full spoon macaroni down to my throat, and dear Lord how crazy I was to dropped out this gracefully taste of food because wanting to feel good on my skin.

“we can go to gym or just playing to catch the balls when our weight is getting out of control,” she said as I take another big bite of the mac and cheese. I just nod and not stopping what I’m doing until it’s finished. I can hear taeyeon’s laugh but I could care less, this piece of heaven.

When we get back, we are so full until all we did after delivering the food for the girls are cuddling on taeyeon’s bed.

I’m taking the edge side now, taeyeon is back facing the wall. She spoons me from behind like before. And my eyes wandering to her wardrobe. And I just remembered it.

“tae.”

“full, sleep.”

And I’m giggling with her response,

“I saw the couple phone case,” I said as I hold back my wide grin.

“ah, that,” if I’m facing her, I can tell if her face is going red,

“yes, I’m about to give it to you now,” taeyeon said as she’s trying to get up, but I’m fast enough to tangle her foot with mine,

“stay, it can wait.”

And she stays.

“thank you anyway,” and now I’m turning my body to fully face her.

And there the red cheeks,

“no big deal, it’s just so cute and it makes me remember about you.”

“not about that,” I said as I smile, looking in her eyes.

“and then what?,”

“for loving me just the way I am, for stopping me doing the stupid things to feel good about myself,” and now I’m looking at her lips. I expected a smile but instead she breathed in my scent from snuggling closer until our nose touched.

“it’s not stupid,” she said trying to make me feel better.

“it is,” I retort.

And there’s the silence, until she spoken up, “it is,” and she grins widely with her closes eyes. So do i. embracing our alone time at her room while members are having their dinner. And then taeyeon’s door slammed open, we pulled apart and we see sunny walking in,

“taeyeon, where is the Nintendo that you’ve said you’ll get it for me?!.”

And taeyeon mouth is in agape,

“we just having our comeback now soonkyu, I’ll get it for you tomorrow.”

“no! my dad already bought it for me,” and she shows us up her newest nintendo.

“you know what kim taeyeon? The deal is off!,” and sunny raised her tones in cute way.

“yah!.”

“Jessica, she usually cannot sleep until it was 2 am or 3 am, sometimes she doesn’t sleep at all, it was since you moved out from the dorm.”

It gives me shocked, taeyeon does too. if I have something in my mouth, I might choke on it but instead, I gulped the sorrow air.

“lee soonkyu,” I find threat from taeyeon’s tone.

“and when she finally have you in her arms, she sleeps like there was no tomorrow, as you know, you woke up first before her, how in the world could it be?,” sunny said as she smiles on me.

I should be sorry with this information but somehow I feel warm inside my heart. Without I notice, I have a smile on my face too.

“yah lee soonkyu,  I demand you to stop,” taeyeon face doesn’t look mad, but she seems embarrassed with sunny’s confession about her lack of sleep.

“one more, and sica,”

And I bring my full attention to sunny’s face, I could hear taeyeon’s cursing under hear breath, wanting to get over this conversation soon.

“even if she finally did, she called your name in her sleep,” and with that, sunny was out from the room, not wanting to be dead.

“LEE SOONKYU NO MORE GOOD SLEEP FOR YOU SINCE TONIGHT!.”

I can hear taeyeon’s planning to take knifes under sunny’s bed or put snakes on her pillow, and such. I’m just amused by myself right now. And then she acknowledged it if I hear what she was saying , I give her my smile but then she slumped her shoulder.

And there this awkward moment for taeyeon’s behalf. Taeyeon is clearing while she was scratching her head, I just having fun by my own right now, knowing this story of her, I can’t help but feel sorry and falling in love with her a little bit more, even if that’s possible.

“so, is it true?,” I asked, bring her attention back to me.

She seems quiet for a moment but then she sighed and nodded,

“and last night, you just sleep all night long?,” I asked again.

“umm, well, I woke up in the middle of the night, because you weren’t hugging me again,” she confessed with a little stutter. She plays with my fingers to calm herself, I’m gladly to help her to overcome it. She thinks she look like a fool but I find it cute.

“I was missing the warm, yours, you look so peaceful with your own space so I don’t bother to hug you again, I thought I could sleep again but then I look at your calm face, your steady breath as your sleep, the sound of your breath makes me feel at ease and without I’m aware, it’s already morning,” this time she doesn’t stutter, she just look me in the eyes, and then she looks at my lips, then reconnecting our eyes again.

“you are my unresolved thoughts that running inside my head at 2 am,” she is lowering her voice. She stops to take a breath. Searching for my disappoint look but instead I just gave her my understanding smile. She doesn’t know if I hold back my trembling hand and watering eyes, I just want her to talk more.

“but at the same time, you are my lullaby,” she voices it like it’s a secret, but louder than whisper.

Without waiting for another second, I cupped her face, bringing it closer to mine, and crashing our lips in a slow motion. I nibbled her bottom lips then she slightly  opened her lips as a permit for deepening our kiss,  and letting my palm circling on her neck to squeezing the moment.

“I love you, taeyeon.” “I love you so much.” I added.

Taeyeon’s stop her movement when she heard what i was saying. Then she is looking at my eyes a little bit deeper than before, and a smile grows on her face.

“I love you more,” she said.

“I love you the most,” I replied, taking a step closer to her face,

Our gap only a breath away, one step closer and then our lips crashed together, taeyeon takes her lips an inch away from my lips,

“that’s not possible,” she whispered and she's reconnecting our lips again.