Chapter 10

Baby steps

A/N: I'm really really sorry guys for making you wait. I'm in the midst of hectic months of college life. I'll try to give you next chapter sooner. I hope this chapter make up for a long wait. hope you guys enjoy, M.

Taeyeon’s POV

I didn’t know if they’re going to take this so well,

Especially when it comes to our maknaes, they really live properly and now,

Watching every one of them teasing us with such a lame line.

“tae and sica is sitting under tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g,”

“ya!,” and soo yeon tried to shot fany with her pillow, but missed.

“did we tease you when you were dating with your boyfriend?,” she definitely is on fire.

“you did,” fany answers with her eye-smile.

“damn,” soo yeon mutters.

We’re just happily laughing with one and another.

I can’t help but simply catch glimpse of her smile.

She never stops smiling.

Neither do I.

But it's different when I saw her smiling until I saw her half-moon eyes or when she was laughing out loud,

I wonder how could someone be that beautiful,

Even if she didn’t try it.

And just by then, she catches me watching her.

she throws her warmest smile towards me.

Just like a mirror, I give her the same reaction.

She stills surrounded by yoona, fany, yuri, and soo young. Happily chit-chat.

I decide to help sunkyu and seohyun do the dishes.

"Leave it alone, taenggu, just enjoy your time," sunkyu takes plate that I've been trying to rinse. She shots her smile as walking passed me by.

Seo giving me her smile too

Even so, I’m trying to help with the rest of the dishes.

It’s better when it finished faster, right?

We, me and seo, surrounded by the sound of waters flow.

We still can hear our members laugh and sooyeon’s cried,

Members always like to a lot.

“so unnie, tell me what I didn’t know,” seo suddenly spoke with her calm voice.

Her smile is appearing while she looked me in the eyes.

I choke a little,

“what do you mean by that?.”

Her eyes is shining with curiosity,

“you know, you and sica unnie, tell me what we didn’t know.”

“like what?,” I said while taking seo’s plate.

“like, how do you know if you like her? Or, did I need use the words, love?,” she asked that while she rinses her plates.

And It happened like a reflect,

I just smile instantly remembering soo yeon's face.

Soo yeon's smile.

Soo yeon's voice when she hits high notes perfectly.

Soo yeon's calm breathe when she was zoned out.

"She is the most beautiful girl I've ever seen, but I know, she's a lot more than that, at first sight when we were trainees, she seems so fragile, she easily cries, she does know too anyway, I can't help but to feel like I want to guard her, I want her to stop crying, so I decide to tell her something funny maybe it’s about rabbit and frog story, and when she finally smiles, I just want her to always do, she doesn't look good with sad face, actually no one does, and doesn't mean she looks bad, she still beautiful but it's different.

she easily touched and moved, she seems tough yet vulnerable, and I just want to wrap my arms around her, she is the warmest person I know, hyunie, she cares a lot about members, she doesn't talk much, but she listens very well, she sees us better than anyone we could hope for, she could see through us no matter how high the wall we build, she just have her way to breaking it, and I just have to falling in love with her."

She stones.

And her smile is make a comeback again.

Her smile seems so genuine, I can’t help but feel happy and overwhelmed inside.

"That's....beautiful unnie, you should tell that to media if one day they’ll find out.”

And my smile is disappear when I think about our blurry future.

“I can’t tell them that, hyunnie, it will be a biggest harm on Korean music history if I did that.”

“why? Your love to her seems really pure, what to hate from that?.”

“because our society still think if same gender love isn’t acceptable, like, it was some disease or kind of it.”

“you don’t even know, unnie, maybe they’ll accept it.”

I just chuckle an empty air,

“did you know if a paparazzi caught me and sooyeon when we were on our date? And company had to pay for it so it didn’t release on public? Company didn’t want me and sooyeon to happened, I can’t put our group into danger either, do you remember when we were planning if there was the way down, we hope it would be beautiful like our beginning? If we want to stick on that, me and sooyeon has to keep it secret.”

She seems tensed a little with my explanation,

I try to give her my best smile,

“sometimes I wish we live in states.” She said sadly.

And I manage to give her a small chuckle,

“even if we live there, doesn’t mean it gets hard less. And anyway, you can’t live without your goguma.”

She cracks a little and shots me her disbelievingly looks.

“the states have it.”

“it won’t be the same goguma like in here.”

And we continue to wash 2 plates left.

When I put the last plate,

she gives an old shirt to dried my hand while asking another question,

“so what happened latter with you and sica unnie?.”

She seems truly worried about me and sooyeon.

But we really don’t know what the future bring.

All I really want is to be with soo yeon,

Without damaging the group.

I lean my head a little, still looking into her eyes, until her gaze is soften,

 “it's my job to worry about it, and we'll keep it as low as possible, there won't be any bad things happened, and I won't bring members down because of this, can you trust me?."

The guilty washes over her face, and mine.

She puts her hand on top of mine.

“Of course unnie, I'm sorry.”

“no need to be sorry for, hyunnie, like I won’t feel sorry furthermore because of this, it’s actually my luck with a girl, and as a plus no one could resist jung soo yeon, it’s just, my lucky charm, you know, to know that we have mutual feelings, I only will be sorry if I let you girls down, we’ll be fine.”

And I feel a weight of body pressed onto mine,

Warm hands wrap nicely around my waist,

Light brown head lean on my shoulder.

“are you sure we have mutual feelings, taeyeon-ah?.”

I feel ticklish all of sudden and just need to laugh it off.

“you don’t?,” I question playfully.

Seohyun just giggles watching me and soo yeon being this close.

“nope.” She lets a pop sound at the end of her sentence.

Cutie.

“why does it take too long? Members were making fun of me,” she added with her cute voice.

Everyone knows if sooyeon doesn’t show affection every time, but every time she does, it’s really unbearable. Lovable.

But sooyoung needs to yell all of sudden.

“ya, you two don’t need shoved your affection to our maknae, or even us, you need to get a room, I’m tired watching sica eye ing you from her seat, aren’t your back burning by it?.”

She said.

Soo yeon stills clinging onto me, and it feels nice.

I don’t know if she’s into a PDA.

“do you want to get to my room?,” I asked.

And I can feel she nods.

“no funny business!,” sooyoung yells from kitchen as I drag soo yeon, who’s still clinging into me, to my room.

“we won’t go that far, it’s barely a week,” I said out for frustration.

Why she needs to bring that up.

The image of sooyeon’s laying on my bed without a piece of clothes but blanket really bothering me, in a good way, nu-uh, in the great way.

“so you mean if it’s more than a week, you could do anything you want?,”

She asked when we finally made it to my room,

And then she sits on my bed,

my face is turning into tomatoes.

“you seem a little flushed,” she giggles between her words, while she was watching me.

“well, because it’s hot,” I was muttering.

And it isn’t even summer yet.

she catches what I said.

 “you are cute,” she let her small chuckles and grab her phone checking her SNS.

While lying on my bed.

And why do I decided to watch her instead doing something.

Even I forget how to breathe, admiring how great the figure who’s laying on my bed.

“will you join me or just stand still on there until morning?.”

And my body make a move after she finishes her sentences, like a lightning,

“I will join you but I’m going to take shower first.”

As I was finished with my night routine, in an half hour,

I found sooyeon asleep on my bed.

I walk and sit next to her, brushing her hair that fallen on her face.

“why do you take so long?,” she asked while opening her eyes,

Thank god she wasn’t on her slumber sleep,

Because God knows, it takes hours to wake her up.

 “I thought you were asleep,” I’m smiling while whispering the answer.

She sits herself up, and closing our distance with small gaps

I feel my heart beating loudly, she hears it and it’s embarrassing,

Her face is really close to mine,

“you make it harder to resist,” I said, breaking our eye contact.

“so don’t,” and she puts her hand softly under my chin,

and brought our lips together.

It wasn’t the first time, but it’s always feel like it is.

When my lips was brushing with hers,

I could feel the heaven is on earth.

I could forget about the rest of the world just for a second.

When our lips connected, she guides me to take another level,

She opens her lips slightly, giving me a permission to take a step ahead,

When our lungs finally giving up for the air needed,

I rest my forehead on hers,

Gaining conscience after she puts me high.

Naturally, we were locking our eyes,

Sharing shy smile,

While caressing her face, she said,

“I miss you.”

She gave me her loving looks,

Her eyes only focusing on mine,

Studying my face.

Her eyes brought up to my eyes after some times landed on my lips,

Without warning, I give her kisses,

“I” kissed her forehead.

“miss” kissed her nose’s bridge.

“you” kissed top of her nose

“too” and finally, her lips.

And she giggles while trying to covering her blushed,

Suddenly her phone is starting to ring,

When she reads the caller name, she said it with heavy heart,

“I need to take this.”

And I nod.

“hello, yes, I know oppa, I’ll be down in 5 minutes, it wasn’t that long, I need to say goodbye with members, you know we didn’t break the rules, fine fine, I’m hanging up.”

She looks annoyed.

“is that your manager?,” I asked carefully.

“yeah, I have my curfew at 9 pm.”

I widened my eyes,

“what?.”

She shots me her sad look,

“don’t look so surprise.”

And my face turn sad,

“don’t look sad, either, we’ll see each other again tomorrow,” she said a little cheerfully, just to not bring the mood down again.

Of course, we’ll have recording for Radio Star.

But doesn’t mean I’m happy when I know we barely made up our time,

And suddenly she has to leave.

“I wish I could pick you up,” I said.

“I wish you could pick me up too, but you know, it won’t be good, I’ll jump on you again like the last time,” she said with her small chuckles.

I just giving her a small smile. Don’t want to be separated yet.

Her phone is ringing again,

I circled my arms around her waist,

hugging her tightly,

Not giving her a chance to take the phone,

“he’ll wait,”

I slowly breathe in her lingering smell,

And kissing her forehead.

“um I’ll see you tomorrow?,” she asked shyly because of my sudden hug and kiss.

“yeah,” my face is hurting because of sudden smile.

And when she steps out my room, another member watched her carefully,

“where are you going?,” fany asked.

“my manager called,” she said sadly.

Even though I know if tomorrow I can see her again,

Doesn’t mean I don’t have right to be sad too now.

I just miss her so much,

I want to spend the rest of the night with her,

And studied her beautiful figures.

“already?,” and this time yoona grabs sooyeon’s hand.

“yeah,” she said.

I just keep quiet from my door.

After a few minutes, her phone was ringing again,

“I really need have to go guys,” she said hurriedly.

After giving goodbye waves to members,

And to me,

She walks through the door, and I was stoned in my spot.

And I feel overwhelmed when the door is closed,

All members’ eyes are on me.

I feel like I want to do something.

I need to do something.

So without thinking,

I just run out the door and catching soo yeon who’s trying to get in the elevator.

And connecting our lips for a few seconds,

She seems startled but still trying embracing me nicely,

“sleep well,” I said while locking our eyes.

She is smiling and nodding.

She gets into elevator and waving,

And I’m waving back. With my megawatt smile.

“I’ll miss you,” she said when the doors starting to close.

“me too.”

And the elevator’s door has taken her sight.

Thankfully, the halls and elevator are empty.

I make my way back to dorm,

and members welcome me with their knowingly sad-smile.

there are still 12 hours until I meet her beautiful features again,

and not even 5 minutes ago I let her go,

I already missed her.

“now now, tae, We are going to rehearse the answer for tomorrow, you know how pain in the Radio Star is, will you join us?,” fany asked.

Truthfully, I just want to sleep to kill the time until I can see sooyeon again.

but I can’t, because my members need me.

and I need them.

I put my small smile and giving my attentive looks,

“yeah, let’s do that.”