Guilt and Pain

Keeping You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 4:  Guilt and Pain

"Jongin. I want you to call me Jongin. Got it?" he said as they head towards the school gate. She nodded and nervously smiled. Kai reached out and squeezed her arm.

"It's gonna be fine. There's no reason for you to be nervous."

 

The moment Jihye stepped foot inside the school, her eyes wandered everywhere. The school was so noisy and lively. As a group of students passed by, she realized that this school's for elite citizens. Prideful people, bullies, snob, spoiled, flirt; those adjectives reminded her of her old school. Everytime she enters their school's gate, a group of girls are already waiting for her with sharpened claws. Girls hate her, boys treats her like trash. Everyone in that school considers her as a disease. A disease that should vanish, they said. She didn't know where that hatred came from until now. No one's been nice to her. They always stabbed her with deadly glares. But now...

 

Jihye looked at the guy beside her, who has now a frown on his face. Just a while ago before they enter, he was still smiling. She frowned and heard giggles and girly squeals around them. Then she noticed that they were already sorrounded by a horde of girls. The smell of different perfumes mixed together made it hard for her to breath. She tried to cover her nose but the smell can still pass through her small hands. Suddenly, she felt herself being pushed away from the crowd. She looked behind her and saw Kai. He then handed her a piece of paper, which she thinks is her class schedule. He flashed her a slight nod and left. Jihye was left behind with a worried face. *Jongin, why did you leave me here alone? How can I find my room now that you've left me?* she thought and started to walk to what she thinks was the hallway. *Maybe you didn't want everyone to find out that we know each other. Is that your reason?* she thought again and followed it  with a sigh.

 

She was deep in her thoughts when her class schedule suddenly flew out of her hand. She gasped and followed it. After a few minutes of trying, she began to lose hope. Then all of a sudden, a hand grabs the paper from the air. She looked at the guy and bowed at him. The guy went to her and handed her the paper. She was taken aback when the guy grabbed her hand and dragged her somewhere. She tried to escape from his grip but he was too strong so she gave up. He brought her inside a classroom and pulled her to sit beside him.

 

Moments later, the teacher came in and called her in front. She took a deep breath before introducing her self. After her short introduction, she was welcomed with warm smiles and curious stares. That simple act from her classmates made her happy. She felt relieved by the thought that her classmates are fine with her being with them. Her eyes wandered around the room and landed on the guy that dragged her here. *If it isn't because of hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter