Suspicions

Keeping You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 14:  Suspicions

"Does it hurt?" Jihye worriedly asked Kai. The latter arrived home a few minutes ago. Even though he's cheek hurts and is swollen, he still managed to smile when he saw her. Jihye noticed something weird with Kai's face and rushed towards him, which explains why they were now sitting at the couch, facing each other as Jihye treated Kai's wound.

"No." he defended but flinched when his wound came in contact with the alcohol solution. She chuckled at his reaction.

"Liar." Kai rolled his eyes and patiently waited until she's finished.

"What happened? Who did this to you?" she asked. Kai noticed the tone of her voice. It sounded like she would take revenge for whoever did this to him. And Kai couldn't help but smile.

"Luhan hyung." he blatantly said. That got her confused. Luhan? Why would Luhan do that?

"What did you say to them?"

"I told them that you're irritating." he said. But before Jihye could feel offended, he spoke again.

"I didn't mean those words, by the way. That's just how I treated girls and I didn't want them to suspect anything." he said, looking at her in the eye. Jihye smiled.

"I understand." Jihye was about to stand up and walk towards the kitchen when a hand stopped her. He looked back and saw Kai holding her wrist.

"I h-hope you're not mad at me for making you stay away from us." he said with hope visible in his eyes. She chuckled before taking astep back and sat again.

"I'm not, oppa. I know you have a reason. And that is for me to be safe." she said. Kai nodded and averted his stare elsewhere. *And the other reason is because... I hate seeing you with other guys. Wait what?* Kai frowned. Really? Did he just think about that? Now he's getting weird. Jihye, what have you done to him?

 

***

 

The next day, Kai went to school with Jihye just a few meters away from him. He greeted his friends but hesitated to greet a certain someone who punched him yesterday. Luhan sighed and approached Kai.

"I'm sorry for punching you yesterday, dude. It's just that... ugh! My Jihye must be hurt, you know." he said. Kai rolled his eyes. *Luhan and his tantrums.* he thought.

 

Just then, Jihye passed by the group. They all greeted her with warm smiles and waved. The latter shyly smiled and rushed off towards their room. Luhan glared at Kai.

"What?" Kai said, acting like he doesn't give a damn.

"Look at what you’ve done to my poor Jihye." Luhan said and s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter