My best Diva mask

They're gonna make him an offer he can't refuse - A/N: ON HIATUS

One week later, I was getting ready to leave for the WGM’s location when Jjong entered my room looking really gloomy.

-Again, Jjong?- I said turning away from his adversary gaze.

-Until the last second- he replied with a growl.

I secretly smiled but pretend to be annoyed, waving my hand in a huff and starting to look for my coat.

-You know I had no other choices – false. I could simply refuse the offer but I was pretty sure that my CEO would not like the decision.

-Yeah, I know- I looked up at him, surprised. During the past week he had only complained, even after our “little” fight and the following chat – Don’t look at me like that – he frowned and sat on the edge of my bed – Tonight I thought a lot –

I chuckled – Oh, so when you were hugging me so tight, giving me a very hard time, you were thinking about my fake marriage? – he looked up to the sky, irritated.

-Just let me finish for once – I shut my mouth and sat next to him – So, tonight I thought a lot – he took my hand, intertwining our fingers – And I understand that you really didn’t have other choices – he place his free hand on my cheek, slowly, softly – but this doesn’t mean that I’m ok with the whole situation – he my cheek with his thumb, gifting me with a sad smile.

I let out a big sigh – I know, really – I closed my eyes at his touch and for a moment I thought of giving up on everything. It would be easy to lose myself in his embrace, it was normal, like breathing and I was very close to let myself go when my manager burst into the room.

-Kibum – he said softly but without leaving room for objection – It’s time-

We sighed. I took a deep breath before reopening my eyes and then lean towards him for a very sweet kiss – I’ll be back soon – a whisper just for him. He nodded but said nothing. I put on my coat and left the room, followed by my manager.

Minho was the only one at home, other than us, and he was playing soccer on tv –I’m going- I said to him waving my hand.

-Have fun- he chuckled without stopping the game.

-Sure- I replied sarcastically and then we left home.

 

Silence prevailed in the car. My manager didn’t dare to say a word and I wasn’t really in the mood to start a conversation. It took 15 minutes to arrive at the location, 15 minutes of silence. God, I can really be antisocial sometimes.

-Here we are- finally my manager spoke. I looked out the window and it surprised me that we were already parking – Are you ready?- he said softly, again.

I smiled at him and then nod – Let’s do this. Before we start, before we finish – I got out of the car and checked one last time my look in the rearview mirror.

 

We entered a small café, the perfect location for a first date. Well, if you didn’t go by the name of Key. I chuckled earning a questioning glance from my manager. I waved my hand – Nothing-

-Ah, Key-sshi!- my make up artist noona run towards us with a smile – you’re here, good. Let’s go make you pretty, even if you’re already too much –

-Yah, noona!- I faked embarrassment but I was really glad. She was trying to make things easier by improving my mood. We really didn’t say to anyone but our members and managers about our relationship but it seemed that everyone knew.

I followed her in a small room, upstairs, filled with clothes, portable mirrors and other stuff. At the begin of my career I was sorry for the owners of our various locations but then, one day, I overheard a conversation between ours managers about the rent money and I stopped feeling sorry.

-Sit here- she said and I did as she ordered. I really love the make up moment. I can let my mind go wild, while pretending to be focused on the job. What was Jjong doing? Playing soccer with Minho? It was still too early for his radio program and I didn’t remember others schedules for his afternoon. Bad thing. Really, really bad thing.

-Hyung- I whimpered.

-What?- he was immersed in a game on his smartphone.

-Where’s Taeminnie?- if Taemin was practicing for Immortal Song then I could text him and ask him to drag Jjong in the practice studio too.

-Out for a photo session- he didn’t even look up when I groaned loudly.

The noona chuckled so I showed her my tong – Minho was at home…-I started again.

-He has a meeting for a new drama at…- he looked quickly at his watch – 5 pm, so he’s on his way –

I groaned again, more loudly.

-10 minutes and we start recording!- the PD shouted from downstairs.

-Ok, you’re ready- the noona put down the brush and looked at my reflection in the mirror, waiting for my opinion on the make up.

I looked at myself and smiled – It’s perfect- she knows very well how to make my feline eyes even more feline and attractive –He would love it- I murmured.

-Go and make him…no her jealous – she said winking in a way that made me and my manager laugh hard.

 

I walked downstairs, putting on my best Diva mask, ready to make a hell on earth for the poor girl they chose as my fake wife. I pitied her, but just a little.

They made me sit at a table near a very big window from which it could be seen a beautiful garden, asleep under the white snow.

-5 minutes!-

My phone vibrated in my pocket. Who on Earth would send me a text in this moment? I checked and it was Taemin.

I know I will regret saying this but…Eomma, fighting!

I started to laugh really hard; I almost tear up. Taemin was the only one to have permission of calling me “eomma” but lately he didn’t use it anymore because he wanted to display a more mature side of himself. It has worked, a little. I quickly typed an answer and then sent it to him.

Awww, cuuuute! Eomma will be back soon so work hard on your photo session!

 

-Ok, we’re starting Key-sshi!-

Now that my mood was really improved, thanks to my beautiful maknae, I was ready – Ok, take care of me!- or better, take care of her.