We shall overcome

They're gonna make him an offer he can't refuse - A/N: ON HIATUS

It was 10 am when Taemin knocked lightly on my door. I was in a half-sleep state, curled up on the floor, unable to move a finger. Fighting with Jonghyun always makes me weak, but this time was hundreds time worse. He used our ual orientation, what makes us special, to insult me.

-Hyung…- Taemin’s voice sounded muffled through the door –Hyung, please open the door –

I could feel his worries and it hurt me but I just couldn’t find the strength to stand up –I’m resting- I just said, hoping that my voice would be loud enough to be heard.

-Hyung…- Taemin didn’t want to surrender.

-Let him rest- Onew’s voice joined Taemin’s – He probably didn’t sleep-

Correct, I thought. I spent the night waiting for him but he never came back. I let out a sigh and curled up more, freezing. Where is he? Yunho’s house? Exo’s dorm? Practice room?

I knew he was mad, probably not even with me but for the situation and the absurd rule that forbid us to come out. But he had gone too far. I could understand the jealousy but he pour on me all his frustration, without even considering how I would have felt.

-Key- Onew’s voice, again –we are off to our schedule – already? What time was it? – it’s 11 am – he added as if he had read my mind – get up if you feel to- there were a few seconds of silence –So…-he sounded unsure – we’re going…-

-Bye- again, I hoped my voice would be loud enough. I heard their footsteps and then the slam of the front door.

The silence in the house was absolute; there was just the sound of my heartbeat. I don’t know how much time I passed lain on the floor. Five minutes? Half an hour? An hour? When my phone rang, making me jump for the surprise, the display indicated 12.30 pm.

-Hello…?- my throat was sore from the lack of water so my voice sounded hoarse.

-Are you still in the bedroom?- Minho asked worried without even say “hi”.

-No…- I lied without certainty but I started to gather together my strength in order to get up, or at least to sit.

-Liar- Taemin joined the conversation, I was on speaker – it’s already lunch time, hyung, you have to eat something –

-I know- I replied  and slowly sat – Hyung…- I called for Onew.

-Not here- he answered simply, proving again to know me very well, maybe too much – I’m trying to find out-

I hung up and sigh. I got up from the floor and hobbled to the door: my stomach growled. I reach the kitchen and started to find something to eat and drink. After five minutes I was sitting at the table devouring a toast with some orange juice. I felt my head heavy and numb. I hate crying: if I can I always restrain myself from crying because I really hate the after-effects. I was attacking the last bite of toast when I heard the front door slam. It was too early for the others to come back, so… 

I almost choked in order to run as fast as I could in the living room. And there he was, standing in the middle of the room, his clothes creased by the night out and the eyes red and swollen. He didn’t look up at me, forcing himself to stare at the floor. I kept calm, the relief felt seeing him safe and sound replaced by the anger and sadness of the fight.

-I’m sorry- he said, finally.

-It’s a little late- I replied.

-Yeah, I know…- he looked up – but now I’m here-

-Yes…- I sighed – now you’re here-

He filled the distance between us with three long steps and then he hugged me –I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean it…- he was whispering in my ear, holding me tight in his arms. I felt my strength fade away so I grabbed his back –I’m sorry- he kept repeating those two words.

-It’s all right- I said after a while – I shouldn’t have left like that, I was wrong too- he shook his head.

-No, you were totally right- I sighed. He was blaming himself so much. I forced myself to interrupt the hug and I locked his gaze with mine.

-Where have you been all night?- I asked, worried and a bit jealous.

-Practice studio- he replied caressing my face, as if it was the first time he saw it in years – I forgot my phone home so I couldn’t tell Onew – he kept my cheeks –I’m sorry- it was, what, the hundredth time he said that?

-All right- I took his and I guided him to the sofa – We will overcome this. We have faced worse situations than this and always passed them, stronger than before – he nodded and I just smiled.

-I’ll try my best to support your…- he seemed to fight with words – job… – he made a face, probably because he really couldn’t see my job as a real one.

-Thank you – I smiled again, more at ease.

-But- he added – if she tries to kiss you I’m going to kill her – he was making such a serious face that I cracked up.

-Deal- I replied once I’ve regain my breath. He smiled and then leaned forward to place a sweet kiss on my lips. I was taken aback but after a few seconds I closed my eyes and returned the kiss.

He end it first just to lean his forehead against mine – I haven’t slept all night-

-Me too- at my answer he opened his eyes and looked at me annoyed. Without a word he forced me to lay down on the sofa and then he lie behind me, hugging me tight; after five minutes we were sleeping. Two hours later, when Minho, Onew and Taemin came back home, they found us still asleep in the same position; Taemin, moved for once by our sleeping appearance, covered us with a blanket.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heeeello readers!! Here another chapter! Now that they made up my Jongkey feeling are fine! ahahah I've already told you that i hate making those two fight, right? eheh

Please don't be upset about the "weak" Key, because I don't really think he's weak. BUT I think that he easily gets hurt by the ones he loves because he has a warm heart :) I know really well that, in other situations, he's really strong and tough ;) After all, he's our Diva.

Love you all and a GIANT THANK YOU to my first 5 subscribers!! A gift for you: