Chapter 6

Addiction, Affliction, Affection

Siwon's P.O.V

As soon as Kyuhyun got discharged from the hospital, Changmin, Zhoumi and I accompanied him. He still didnt seem to be completely well. The look in his eyes suggested that he was dead tired. "Alright Kyu, hop on I will drop you home in my car!" Changmin offered a ride.

"Um! Actually I have something that I need to take care of before heading home. You guys go on ahead."Kyuhyun said to Changmin.

"What? But you are obviously exhausted. Cant it wait till tomorrow?"I asked. He shot an annoyed look at me and said with conviction "No! It cant wait"

"I think you should listen to Siwon Kyu, he does have a point there"Zhoumi said. And here begins my mission to befriend Zhoumi or should I say "Gentle Mimi". I must say that this guy has made my job a lot easier by agreeing with me.

"I couldnt care less if he has a point or not! I have to go and thats final" he said stubbornly.

"Are you going alone? I mean isnt your driver arriving with your car to pick you up?" Changmin asked him.

"Yes! I told him not to come to pick me up. Now stop probing would you! I am not doing anything illegal" Kyuhyun said and angrily stomped away. I decided to follow him. I noticed Kyuhyun heading in the completely opposite direction to his house and since I frequent this direction to go home, everything became convenient for me. The way it all sounded made me suspicious. Why would Kyuhyun want to go anywhere without telling anything to Changmin or Zhoumi and why would he request the driver not to pick him up? Then it struck me. He possibly cant....Or can he? Is he going to buy drugs? I have to find out about this.

A couple of times he turned around to make sure that no one was following him and proceeded to wherever he was going. I hid myself inside an alley for a few seconds and followed him. There was a pharmaceutical shop on the way and I was pretty sure that he was heading there. How careless? What will his parents think of him? He cant stay away from drugs even when he is not well! I thought. But he proved me wrong as he passed by the shop and headed towards a coffee shop. I guess he wasnt going to buy drugs after all and almost felt bad for misjudging him. I followed him closely and entered the coffee shop along with him without his knowledge and sat down on a table far away from him.

At this point I felt like a creepy stalker but all is fair in love as they say and I was doing this to make sure that he doesnt get into trouble again. I simply couldnt live if I see him getting hurt again. His back was facing me and it was convenient for me to get a full view of what he was doing. He tentatively glanced around the entire cafe once and then checked for time on his watch and was looking at the entrance as if waiting for someone. The waitress asked him if he would like to make his order but he politely turned her away saying that he was waiting for someone indeed and that he would order later. A few more minutes of waiting but still no one seemed to be coming. I ordered myself an Americano without sugar. As soon as my drink arrived and I started taking a few sips, I saw a young boy in his early teens entering the cafe and searching for someone inside. And as soon as his sight fell on Kyuhyun he almost ran towards his table. Kyuhyun noticed him as well and stood up and welcomed him with open arms. They both hugged ever so lovingly. The young boy said something along the lines of "I missed you so much" and then released his hold on Kyuhyun.

Then he sat down opposite to Kyuhyun. I was curious to know who that boy was and how he was related to Kyuhyun and was hoping to eavesdrop on their conversation but failed miserably.

Kyuhyun's P.O.V

It had been almost a year ever since I had seen Jino. I must say that he has had quite a growth spurt. He would probably tower over me in a few years. My heart broke into a million pieces when I saw his message in the morning saying that he wanted to visit me so badly no matter what. He also said that he wanted to meet me at the cafe nearby his house and demanded that I make up for my absence on his birthday. As tempting as his request had sounded to me, I had to think about it a million times before confirming that I would make it concerning his safety. In the end I just couldnt bring my mind to say no. Afterall it was Jino's birthday and he deserved to be happy on his birthday.

"So how have you been? And how is mom? Did you trick mom again to come here?" I asked him.

"I am doing just fine. And mom is fine too. And yes I had to trick her since she wouldnt allow me to come see you if I told her the truth anyway" he told me. And my cheerful expression turned into a sullen one after hearing him say that.

"Jino! You do realise that if you get caught you will be grounded for a month by mom and the reason why I refrain from visiting you often no matter how much I desire to see you is because of yours and mom's safety"I made him understand.

"Just drop the excuses for once brother. And you're a day too late for my birthday already. And havent you been sleeping properly lately? There are dark circles under your eyes and you have become thin and pale" he stated.

"We havent got much time. Lets celebrate your birthday shall we?" I said and ordered a caramel macchiato for myself and chocolate icecream for Jino and a giant slice of chocolate cake as well. As the cake arrived I planted the candles and lit them as Jino saw in amazement. There was simply nothing in this world that is more important to me than my brother's smile and I would trade whatever treasure I had with me just to get a glimpse of his cute face lighting up in happiness.

"Happy 12th birthday to my baby brother Jino. Next year I will gift you a PSP. Now make a wish and blow out the candles" I said. And Jino closed his eyes intently to make a wish. Then he blew out the candles and said "I wished for both of us to live happily with mother someday" and as soon as he said that something got stuck in my throat. My eyes teared up but before they fell my mouth was being shoved with chocolate cake by Jino and I did the same with him and smeared some chocolate cream on his face as well. The look on his face was so precious and I wished that time would stop so that this moment could last for eternity. For the first time in a long while I laughed heartily and had a great time with Jino.

Suddenly I watched in horror as mom entered the cafe and called out Jino's name from the entrance. That caught his attention and he said "Oops! Busted!" and panicked nervously. Very quickly she came near us and asked him "So this is where you were? You thought that I wouldnt find out about your little rendezvous? You are grounded for a month"

"But mom. It wasnt his fault. He..."I tried explaining but Jino cut me off in the middle and said "It was my fault! I wanted to see brother and its all I have wanted for my birthday this year. And I know that you wouldnt let me see him if you found out." My mother was visibly crying with her tears flowing freely down her cheeks as she embraced Jino.

"Please Kyukyu. Dont do this anymore. Of all people you should know better to drag him out here. What if someone recognised the both of you and complained it to your father? Jino is still a child for god's sake!" she pleaded before me. Just when I thought this surreal moment would last a little bit longer, this had to happen! And honestly after watching her plead with tears in her eyes, my soul froze and my heart shattered into smithereens.

"Mom please dont cry. I will find a way to reunite with you guys somehow" I assured her though its impossible.

"It will never happen Kyukyu. Your dad is a monster. He wont think twice before hurting you or the two of us. Just leave us alone and let us live in peace."she pleaded again clutching Jino by his head and holding him close to her chest. And that was it! As she was about to leave, I held onto Jino's small fingers while my vision swam due to unfallen tears. Everyone else in the cafe were watching us. "Just let me hold onto him for a few seconds mom" I requested. She embraced me and Jino and said "My poor baby! If there was anyone who has suffered the most, its you. Just look at you, you have become so thin and gaunt looking."

I replied "Mom I want you and Jino back in my life. I dont even know how I had spent 6 years without you two. Those 6 years were like hell for me and I dont think I could live on without you two. Dad barely makes it back home most of the time and he has even stopped me from singing" and sobbed miserably in her embrace. "Just like how you have spent the past 6 years without us, you will learn to spend the rest of your life without us. Take care baby. As much as I hate to do it, I have to go now."she said and reeled Jino away from me and exited the cafe. Sighing defeatedly, my knees gave way and I kneeled down and let my tears fall freely from my eyes. I immediately wiped the tears away, got my bag and headed towards the washroom to inject myself as the pain in my chest got too excruciating for me to handle.

As soon as I reached the washroom, I splashed my face repeatedly with water, wiped the droplets away and reached for the syringe inside my bag. When I was this close from injecting myself, I felt a hand preventing me from doing so. I turned around to see who it was and saw that it was last person that I would wish to see at this moment.

Siwon's P.O.V

I saw it all. Everything unfolded right in front of my eyes like a television drama. Kyuhyun happily laughing and being lively with his little brother, celebrating his birthday by throwing a mini party at the cafe, his mom barging in and pleading Kyuhyun to stop meeting up with his brother, Kyuhyun breaking down and hugging his brother as if it was the last time that he would be seeing him, everything was clearly flashing before my eyes and I suddenly realised that Kyuhyun was indeed living a sad and a miserably life.

I then saw him leave for the washroom in a hurry carrying his backpack. I had a bad feeling about this and so I followed him. I opened the door and saw him getting ready to inject himself again. I did the most logical thing possible and that was to stop him from doing what he was doing. He turned around and saw me holding his hand that held the syringe.

"What the hell Siwon? Just let me be" he barked at me and struggled hard to break free from my grasp. But I wasnt in the mood to let him go. I held onto his hand firmly, yanked him towards me and he dropped the needle as a result of the impact with my body. Realising it, he threatened me "Look what you have done now! I will make sure that you were sorry you were ever born into this world! YOU HEAR ME!" and shrieked at the top of his lungs. I glanced at his glazed eyes, his quivering lips, the tear streaked pale cheeks, his messy brown hair and his shaking form. I s my arms around his waist and raised his chin up so that he made eye contact with me.

I said "Never on my watch am I letting you take drugs again. I will wash away your pain and wont give you any excuse to shed your tears." and neared his shaking lips. I felt his short breaths coming out from his mouth and I assured him "I will protect you" and closed the distance between us by placing my lips against his soft ones.

Mentally I was hi-fiving myself after realising that its my second kiss in two days and his lips were just like how I remembered them. Soft, supple, sweet and a bit salty from the tears. He squirmed, punched and tried pushing me away but I traced my fingers up his cheeks and down his neck as I devoured his lips. He wasnt responding to the kiss and so I kicked it up a notch and deepened the kiss by pulling him more towards myself and held him firmly by the nape of his neck. After a few seconds of struggle, I felt him relax and he started returning the kiss. He moved his lips against mine and moaned into it. As my hand traced his wet cheeks, my other hand started exploring his body. My hands travelled from the nape of his neck, down his back and got placed on his hips while he placed his hands on my head and started shuffling my hair. I couldnt bring myself to stop even for breath and decided to deepen it further by tracing his lips with my tongue and demanding for an entrance into his hot mouth. And as I expected, he obliged and before we knew it both of us were battling with our tongues for dominance. After what seemed like eternity, both of us parted for air but I still refused to loosen my hold on him. Both our foreheads touched as our lungs caught up for air. That probably was the most mindblowing kiss of my entire life and the only thing that I wished for was for Kyuhyun to not push me away any further.

He suddenly pushed me away and stared at me with an expression that was hard to decipher. It was a mix of hurt, anger, nonchalance and frustration. He leaned his back on the wall and tried to catch his breath while looking at me with his tear laden eyes. Bringing the back of his hand to wipe away the unfallen tears he asked "Just what are you? Didnt I tell you to stay away? You think you can protect me? You've known me for not more than 2 days. So dont go around having the false notion that you could help me! 'Coz the truth is no one can"

"Its true that I havent known you for that long and still I dont know what is troubling you in detail. But my feelings for you are crystal clear and they have reached a point of no return. I am hopelessly in love with you and I cant bear to see you in pain. And FYI I am not gonna back out even if you throw me away 'coz the truth is the more you push me away the closer I get to you. So dont ever ask me to stay away ever again" I said with determination.

"Ha! I am not asking you, I am telling you Siwon. Just stop whatever it is that you are doing" he said, picked up his bag and left me alone in the washroom.

I do have a knack of picking out the most unromantic places to make confessions and for kissing. Heck! If I hadnt been stopped by him, I would have taken him here. Good for you Siwon! Now why dont you get run over by a truck or something! I thought to myself. At the same time I thought about the possibilities of Kyuhyun having the same feelings for me or so I hope that he has!