Chapter 20

Addiction, Affliction, Affection

Siwon's P.O.V

Even though Kyuhyun was advised to rest for a few more hours in the hospital, he insisted to go home. Changmin said that he would offer him a ride back home.

Reluctantly I said "Kyu! Take care of yourself. And just give me a call if you need anything at all. Ok?"

"Ha ha! Siwon dont be silly! You live on the other side of town. And besides I can handle myself pretty well" he said to me while fixing his hair. The cruel reality that he and I lived completely opposite to each other had always managed to prick my insides.

Oh god! I just wish to be near him all the time, to be able to see him, to protect him and to help him when he needs me!

"Anyway thanks Won! It really means a lot that you are trying to be helpful" he said while smiling warmly.

"Alright! Lets go Kyu."Changmin said and headed outside to get his car ready to leave. Kyuhyun turned around to face me and hugged me tightly.

"I am sorry I yelled at you! I just couldnt ...."he said while I interrupted "Shh! Its alright! I understand your situation. Sweetheart I am glad you're ok but please be on the lookout for your step mom's plans. I can even ask dad to consult a lawyer's help in this matter"

"Thats alright Siwon. I really cant afford to take this matter to court 'coz we dont have any clue about her intentions yet. As soon as I collect enough evidence against her, it will be game over for her. And then we can take this to court and file a case" he said to me. After a few minutes, we heard Changmin honking his car.

"Ok, Thats my cue. I gotta go. Love you Won" he said and pecked me slightly on the lips before getting inside the car. I waved him a goodbye and headed towards the school to wrap up the fund raiser. As soon as I reached school, I saw Yonghwa and Zhoumi approach me and asked me if Kyu was alright. I told them about everything that had happened today evening and then headed home after helping them place things in order. Along the way, the encounter between Kyu and his dad kept replaying in my mind. And that Kim Yeon Hee! Who exactly is she? And why did Kyu's dad keep his marriage to her a secret from everyone including his own son? Things are surely more than what meets our eyes and I think Kim Yeon Hee has some ulterior motive. If she has managed to brain wash Kyu's dad into abandoning his family, then she most likely can turn things against Kyu as well!

Dear god! Please keep my Kyuhyun safe...I beg you!

All I can do now is pray for the well being of my beloved until he can prove to the world that his dad and Kim Yeon Hee are frauds. I reached home and changed into my casuals. Since it was a Friday, my dad said that he would be coming home and spending the weekend with me. As soon as the doorbell rang, I opened the door and welcomed my dad inside. Both of us had dinner together and after a while I told him about events that happened today evening.

"Dad! It would appear as though Kyu's father had been married to Kim Yeon Hee since long back!" I declared.

"What? Really? How come you know about this? And does Kyuhyun know?" he asked me.

"Yes of course. Actually I had been eavesdropping on Kyuhyun and his dad this evening and his dad had introduced her as his step mom to him. And also that the alleged mortgage has been lifted now that his dad had managed to pay his overdue taxes with the money that he got from selling his house to Kim Yeon Hee. He also suggested Kyuhyun to live under the same roof with them from now" I told him.

"Oh well! This is quite the surprise. What did Kyuhyun say about all this?" he asked me.

"You know how stubborn he is! He said that he was willing to take the risk of living with them so that he can expose them both for their fraudulent actions maybe even catch them red handed. And I have decided to offer him support dad" I said.

"Hmm.." he said. Somehow the sudden lowering of his tone irked me and so I asked "Whats wrong dad? Did I say something wrong?"

Thinking carefully, he said "Siwon dont you think that um....you know....you..I mean..dont you think you are getting yourself involved in this too much already?"

Whats this all of a sudden? Why is he asking such questions? He has already approved of our relationship then why such conflicting thoughts now?

"But dad I dont really understand! What are you trying to say?" I was puzzled by his sudden behaviour.

"Please dont get me wrong! I treat Kyuhyun as if he was my own son and I do feel that whatever has been happening to him are quite unfair. But you cant ignore your father's opinions on this too Siwon" he said.

"Which are???" I egged him on.

"As far as I know Kim Yeon Hee is a very powerful woman. And Mr.Cho isnt anywhere far behind as well. Both of them can hatch a plan in minutes and take their enemies down with a snap of their fingers if they dared. And I wouldnt want to lose you son" he confessed.

"What? But dad you dont have to worry about me. You're not gonna lose me! Never!" I ensured him.

"Look Siwon. You're still young to think of high octane issues like this. For Kyuhyun, its a different story as his entire survival depends on it. And somehow it scares me that if you get involved too much, I might lose you too. And I am sure that I wont live to tell the tale about losing my son after I had lost my wife. You're my only family Siwon-ah!" he said while tears moistened his eyes.

"I understand dad. And I love you. But please just have faith in me and please understand that I love Kyuhyun just as much as I love you. He has become an integral part of my life now and I simply cant stay put and watch him get hurt! I will not tolerate my loved ones getting hurt while knowing the fact that I can do something to prevent it. But I assure you dad that I will be careful" I said and left for my room.

This sudden discussion with my dad had me disturbed from the inside. I lied down on my bed to catch some sleep but couldnt. I reached for the drawer beside my bed and took out a picture that I took with Kyuhyun on our very first date. He had sported a stunning smile and had his arms around my shoulders looking intently at the camera while I watched him endearingly. They say that a picture could speak a thousand words and it was true afterall but it left me speechless. Right then, I had an overwhelming urge to call Kyuhyun and so I dialled his number.

 

Kyuhyun's P.O.V

As I reached my home, I thanked Changmin for helping me shift my things back to my house. Then after saying our goodbyes for the night, I entered my house reluctantly. The interior of the house was still intact though. And as I made my way upstairs, I heard a voice calling out my name.

"Kyuhyun! I am so glad that you have changed your mind. I have been waiting for you! Why dont you freshen up and join us for dinner?" she said to me with a sickle sweet tone that made me lurch.

Not minding a reply, I stomped forward to my room. While I was putting my stuff away, I heard my phone ring. It was Siwon.

"Hey Kyu! Have you reached home?" he asked me.

"Yeah! Just now. And you? What are you doing now?" I asked him.

"I am lying down...on my bed...looking at the picture that we took on our first date...reminiscing about it....the first time we made love...and basically everything about you.."he replied.

I could feel heat creep into my cheeks as soon as I heard his cheesy reply. And on that note, I took a trip down memory lane and started reminiscing about that wonderful night that I got to spend with Siwon.

"Whats the matter sweetheart? Cat got your tongue? You are blushing arent you?" he teased me.

Forcing down a chuckle I said "How can you be so cheesy Wonnie? It makes my toes curl up literally!"

"Ha! What did you just call me?" he asked me again.

"What? Cheesy?" I exclaimed.

"No! After that. Call me that again!" he beamed.

"What did I..?Oh! Wonnie? Is that what you're ....?"I asked and he squealed in affirmation.

"Finally you gave me a nickname. Call me Wonnie again please Kyu!" he said with a childish tone.

"Hey! Dont push your luck buster! And besides my evil step mom is here and I have to go for dinner now" I said.

"Alright! I'll leave you now. And Kyu..." he drawled and I didnt fail to notice the sudden seriousness in his tone.

"Whats wrong? Wonnie?" I asked. He sighed heavily and said "Nothing! Just wanted to say "I love you". Sweet dreams"

"Um! Love you too. Good night" I said and hung up. Whats with him all of a sudden? Probably tired from all the running around!

I changed into my casuals and headed downstairs for dinner. As I climbed down, I noticed my dad, Kim Yeon Hee and her son seated in the dining area while the cook served up. Not taking their existence into account, I sat down and made myself comfortable while the cook served me dinner.

As we were eating, my dad broke the silence by saying "Kyuhyun, we forgot to introduce you to your step brother, Kim Hyun Seung. He is transferring to your school as a first year and I would like you to guide him in case he needs any help"

"Its good to finally meet you brother. I hope we get along well" Hyun Seung said.

Ignoring him I asked my dad "Dont you think you have much explaining to do about your fling with Ms.Kim Yeon Hee here first?"

"Mind your tongue Kyuhyun. She is your step mother. Give her some respect!" he threatened. In a fit of anger, I pushed my plate to the side while it fell down from the table and broke into pieces along with the food. Everyone around me got shocked and tried to calm me down. I got up in a flash and said "I still have a mother in case you have forgotten Mr.Cho Young Hwan. Therefore she doesnt have the rights to take her place in my life. And the same goes to her son as well. And as far as respect is concerned, it has to be earned not claimed!"

I stomped towards my room while my father abandoned his dinner and followed me into my room.

Kim Yeon Hee's P.O.V

Kyuhyun certainly is a devoted boy! Feisty, rash but intelligent all at the same time. A potential threat to my plans indeed! But I know exactly what to do to get him out of the picture so that my son can fill his place.

As Young Hwan followed him upstairs to his room. I climbed upstairs and decided to listen in to their conversation. Keeping my ears over the closed door, I heard both their voices rise in pitch while they fought!

"I demand an explanation Mr.Cho. For how long did you wish to keep your second marriage a secret from us?" Kyuhyun asked.

"Yeon Hee and I met each other 10 years ago. She had been struggling to make both ends meet after her husband's death and her son was only 5 years old then! I had to do something to help them out" his dad said.

"Ha! Jino was only 3 years old at that time Mr.Cho! Arent you even the slightest bit guilty for having neglected your duties as a father and as a husband? Instead of being obligated to your own family, you went after them? In what way are you obligated to her? Tell me!" Kyuhyun hollered.

But I couldnt hear any reply from his father. And a few seconds afterwards I heard Kyuhyun say "And you fought so hard for my custody! For what? Only to try and abandon me on the streets just like how you threw away my mom and Jino? I thought I made my point clear to you that I would come to you if you promised to never hurt my mom or my little brother and that you provided them with enough financial support to survive! You didnt fulfill both of those promises!"

"What are you talking about? I dont understand" his dad said.

After a few moments of silence, I heard Kyuhyun talk again "Here! Take a look at this!"

What was he showing his father? And I wonder why Young Hwan isnt answering him.

"Where? Where did you get it? Have you been sneaking into my study?" he asked with a stern voice.

"From where I obtained it shouldnt matter to you! What matters is that you refused to provide compensation to her for her expenses! Dont you even realise that she had been fending for herself and for Jino and that she had been the one who was in need of your support all along and not that witch! Why did you leave her when you had insisted so much to marry her? Answer me Mr.Cho" Kyuhyun yelled at his father.

And then there was a loud slap! "Dont make me remind you that you are nothing but a measly high school student. And I am not obligated to answer your pathetic questions! I will make sure that I groom you up as my successor and that you give me due respect as my son. My life as your mom's husband and as Jino's father is long forgotten! And it would be wise enough for you not to go against my word and follow on the path that I had dreamed and laid down for you to follow. Is that clear?" his dad said.

"You still havent realised that you have dug your own grave father! Once you realise that your current wife has been playing you, you wont have the strength to remain alive! Mark my word!" Kyuhyun threatened.

And then I heard the door being unlatched and hence I moved away from there. Young Hwan had a grim expression on his face when he came outside and trudged towards his study. Seems like Kyuhyun has already started to suspect my intentions. It would be only a matter of time before he catches up to me. I have to do something to expel him out of Young Hwan's life before he starts to suspect me as well. And for that I need to keep an eye on Kyuhyun's every move from now on. When I feel like he is faltering for even the slightest bit, that would be the end of him.

I immediately went downstairs and informed Hyun Seung to keep an eye on Kyuhyun at school and he agreed to do it.

Meanwhile I decided to do a little bit of research of my own as well. Maybe I can find something in his room which might be helpful to me. But I cant do that until the weekend is over. Hence I decided to let the weekend go and begin my mission once he goes to school.

 

Kyuhyun's P.O.V

After having a war of words with my dad, I looked at my reflection in the mirror. The place where he had slapped me now was swollen and red and it hurt like hell. And all this was happening because of that witch! I know she cant be trusted and I know exactly what to do to catch her red handed. If she really was after my dad's fortune like how I predict, she is bound to make frequent visits to my dad's room under his absence. I immediately ransacked my inventory that contained some of the things that I had used and created. If I remember right, there had to be an old broken camera here. After searching for it for a few minutes, I finally found it. Now if only I could tweak it a little bit and connect it to my laptop, I have my CCTV camera ready to roll.

I worked on it all night and at about half-past midnight, my work was done. My CCTV camera was ready to record and expose the ! Kim Yeon Hee...you are done for!

Carefully without making noise, I stepped out of my room and noticed that it was dead quiet. This was the perfect opportunity to gain access to my dad's study and install this camera. And so I took the spare keys and entered his room. It was a good thing that I had programmed this camera to take a 360 degree footage of the entire room so that she wouldnt be able to hide anywhere!

Installing the tiny webcam in the midst of the books on the shelf, I exited the room quietly and decided to hit the hay.

The next day, my dad said that he had to go to the construction site of the University for supervision. Hyun Seung, his mom and I remained at home. Settling down on my bed, I kicked my plan into action and turned my laptop on. Whatever happens today, I decided not to get out of my room even for food! The butler came and knocked at my door during breakfast and lunch but I turned him down saying that I wasnt feeling well enough to eat. After a tiresome wait, the moment of truth finally arrived! At exactly 3:30 in the afternoon, I heard the door to my father's room open. The footage revealed Kim Yeon Hee sneaking inside, just as I had predicted!

And by the looks of things, she was certainly in a hurry to find something very important and that she had to do it before my father returned home. Come on! Your game is over Yeon Hee! Prepare to meet your doom!

I saw her calling someone on her phone and immediately I turned the record button on. I heard her say "Cant you people do anything as I say? I want his access code immediately! What do you mean you cant get the connection through? I wont take a no for an answer. Just do it or else you all will be fired!"

What access code? And then it struck me like lightning!

I was right! She is trying to hack into my dad's bank account! This has got to be the biggest scoop.

"Yeon Hee, you ! Tsk tsk tsk.....No one can save you now! You are finished!" I thought to myself contentedly!


Dun dun dun......drum rolls please guys! Will this be the end of Kim Yeon Hee? Will Kyuhyun be able to expose her to his dad and reunite with this mother and brother??? Stay tuned for another exciting update of Addiction, Affliction, Affection! Do leave your comments and let me know what you thought of this chapter!!!!

I would like to provide an itsy bitsy spoiler for the next update..: "Happy birthday Wonnie!"......

Ooh! I can assure you guys that its gonna be delicious!