Chapter 11

Addiction, Affliction, Affection

Changmin's P.O.V

Kyuhyun has always been precious to me. Right from our childhood days he and I used to hang around and play with each other. And both our families had known each other since forever. And then things started taking a turn for the worst when Kyuhyun's parents filed for a divorce and Kyuhyun's mom and his little brother decided to live separately. Kyuhyun was mentally devastated after that incident and was always cribbing over the fact that he had been left in his dad's care, the one person whom he hated the most. I provided him with the solace that he needed during those tough times. That was when I realised that the friendship that I had treasured had turned into something much more precious and beautiful. One day when I found a drunk-as-hell Kyuhyun wobbling precariously after a supposed all-night party having difficulty driving back home, I had offered to drive him back home in my car.

Upon seeing his emotionally sorry state, I felt my heart crashing into pieces. I hugged him and confessed my love for him but he politely turned me down saying that love was a feeling not meant for him to feel. He said that he valued my friendship a lot and that he wanted me as a confidante who would provide emotional support to him. I humbly resigned to being his best friend but harboured feelings for him secretly. And that was why I simply cant stand watching him get hurt in any way. 

After Siwon's entry into the school, he had done the one thing that had me ultimately pissed off at him and that was kissing the love of my life on his very first day and if it hadnt been for Kyuhyun's request I wouldnt have even decided to reconcile with this jerk. Even if Kyuhyun wasnt my boyfriend, I had always opposed to anyone who made advances on him. And it seemed like Siwon had just earned himself a one-way ticket to feature on my list of most hated persons. Every now and then I had watched his every move around Kyuhyun. The way Siwon looked at him, the way he talked to him and the way in which he always showed up when Kyuhyun needed any help. I had made up my mind about Kyuhyun and my feelings for him a long time yet I cant help but feel insecure somehow after realising that someone who was new had come to replace me in Kyuhyun's life. And that didnt go down well with me one bit.

Siwon ran after Kyuhyun to the council room after getting pummelled by me. I then decided to follow him just to make sure that he wasnt going to do anything untoward to Kyuhyun. After having failed to locate him in the council room and the classroom, I decided to head towards the terrace. But when I almost made to the top, Kyuhyun and Siwon's conversation made me stop midway on the stairs. But what made me freeze was Siwon and Kyuhyun declaring their love for each other and the fact that Kyuhyun was under drugs all along but never told me. I didnt know what I should feel or how I should be feeling at this moment. So I did the most logical thing possible, I ran. Ran away from them as far as I could while bearing unfallen tears in my eyes.

Siwon's P.O.V

It was a moment that I wanted to cherish for a long time. Kyuhyun had reciprocated my feelings and was with me in my arms. I held him close to my body by hugging him tightly and peppering kisses to his hair and saying soothing words to his ear. He relaxed considerably and released himself from my hold. His eyes met with mine and he flashed a smile at me while blushing. Have I ever told how much of a er I was when it came to his smile? After a few seconds of doing nothing but stare at each other, he said "Yyouu....II ggueess I....I..mmeaan...ahhh! FFFucck!!! III.....amm scrreeweed aarrent II?"

That made me chuckle. He was far from being sober and I just couldnt let him drive back home alone. I guess I will have to drop him home myself tonight!

"Well. Come on! I will drop you home"I told him.

"Wwhhat?? .....Nnnooo! DDaaddd wwilll....beee at home...tt..ttonighht. Hhhee wwilllll ....gooo balllisstiiic if he .....seess meeee drrunk" he slurred.

"Well then I cant leave you here on the terrace and let you freeze to death! I tell you what, you can stay over at my place tonight and go back to your home tomorrow" I told him.

"NNoo neeedd ff..forr tthhhatt.....I..c..can...asskk Chhanngmin iff.....I could ...ccrash attt his pplacee..."he told me and immediately took his phone and dialled Changmin's number. I had to admit that it made me a little bit disappointed as I expected to spend some time with him especially now that he was my boyfriend.

"Noww ...wwhaats ...hiss problem?? He..issnt piccking ..upp" he told me. And then I thought that luck was on my side after realising that Changmin failed to attend his call.

"He must have gone home already! You have no choice but to stay at my place tonight Kyu!"I said.

"II...gguess you'ree ..rightt"he agreed.

Then that was settled. I supported his weight on my back as I carried him all the way to my house. I never realised that living so close to the school would come in handy someday. Otherwise I would have had a nasty case of a slipped disk. I opened the door to my house and shut it from behind. Then I carefully laid him on the couch in the living room and watched him close his eyes. I then freshened myself up and went into the kitchen for a glass of hot water for Kyuhyun.

I saw him sleeping peacefully on the couch. Eventhough I was reluctant to wake him up, I chuckled at the sight of him sleeping with his lips slightly parted for breathing in air. This guy can really drive me crazy after all. I was the one who gave him the silent treatment all along but ultimately had no choice but to break it after seeing him suffer. I placed the glass of water on the table and sat across him watching him sleep peacefully whilst resting my chin on my hands.

Suddenly I saw him bolt out from his peaceful slumber and clutching his mouth. I panicked and made him stand up and helped him to the bathroom. He threw up everything that he had eaten for the day as I held his head up from collapsing over the toilet seat. After a spell of dry heaving, I helped him wash his face and mouth and led him to the living room once again.

"You didnt..have to...see that. I mean I should really stop ....troubling you..with.."he kept saying while I interrupted him and said "It doesnt matter to me. What matters to me is that you are now my boyfriend and I must take care of you. Is that clear?"

After declaring the fact about both of us being in a relationship, he visibly blushed a thousand shades of red and timidly said "Rriight! Boyfriend! But that doesnt mean I would let you slack off on your duties. You are just lucky I didnt fire you!"

I laughed out loud and held the glass of hot water for him to drink. He drank it all up and I said "Slacking off on my duties is one thing I wouldnt even think about as long as I am under your Presidency and..." and neared him and pulled him towards me as his body crashed over mine. Looking into his eyes I continued "ignoring you is another thing I wouldnt even dream about. From now on I am gonna be sticking onto you like glue. Babykyu!"

It was pure bliss just being like this, feeling him, holding him close by his waist and staring into those endearing brown eyes. Gradually I noticed his soft expression turning serious and he released himself from my hold as I stared after him confused.

"Whats wrong? Kyu?" I asked him.

"I..dont know..I mean..Is this happening for real?" he asked me back.

"What do you mean by asking that? Of course it is real Kyuhyun. This feeling that you have for me is real! You are not having second thoughts about it, are you?"I asked him.

"What about my dad Siwon? He would kill you if he ever knew about our relationship and I am not sure for how long I will be able to keep this a secret from him."he told me.

"We will work this out Kyuhyun"I said and held him again in my arms.

"What? Work out! What if.."he drawled on and I made him stop by holding his face between my hands and kissing his lips briefly. He got shocked from my sudden gesture but still continued "what if he knew about this and ..."another kiss "did something to.."another kiss" Choi Siwon I will..mmff" and another one. He finally managed to squirm and pushed me away.

"This is not a game Siwon! You have to understand the situation. This is not something that you can just kiss and make it better!"he said while I held his hand and made him sit down on the couch.

"Nothing can go wrong as long as we are together! We can work this out if we are in this together Kyu"I said and he faced me with those sincere eyes and said "I wont ever forgive myself if something happened to you!" and I noticed his eyes welling up with tears as soon as he said it. I hugged him and said "Please say that you love me again"

"What? Why?" he asked me.

"I want to hear you say it now that you are sober. Please baby" I said.

"I will on one condition"he said.

"And what is that?" I asked him expectantly.

"Stop calling me baby. It is too cheesy and it makes my skin crawl and my toes curl up"he said and chuckled gently.

"Alright I promise! I wont ever call you baby. Now can you say it?" I said excitedly.

"Look at me Siwon"he demanded and I obeyed.

"I love you. With all my heart" he said it with a heartwarming smile.

"This is all I need. I wont ever let you face your father alone and I wont let him hurt you or your mom or your little brother as a consequence. I promise you that"I told him.

"I am stuck to you arent I? You are such a fool! Of all the people, you just had to fall for a guy whose life is ed up as hell"he said.

"I couldnt help it. You cant possibly expect me to walk away from someone as gorgeous as you"I smiled. As he rolled his eyes, I sneaked up on him and tried stealing another kiss from him but he put his fingers on my lips and stopped me from doing so.

He got up from the couch and faced me crossing his hands over his chest and said "You simply cant keep your hands or lips away, can you?"

I looked up at him and pouted and nodded my head. "Even the cutest of the pouts doesnt work on me. And your pout is a fail by the way..on so many levels!" he said sarcastically. I didnt mind him and gave him a puppy dog look.

"Siwon! You cant be serious. I am tired and my head feels like it could explode any minute. And besides, my mouth reeks of alcohol now" he said.

"Alright alright! I will let you off the hook for now. You go and rest while I take care of finalising the participant list for tomorrow" I told him and he left for the bedroom immediately.

After spending hours of making the drafts, separating the lists according to the various events and chalking out the layout for seating arrangements, I decided to call it a day and hit the bed. As soon as I entered the bedroom, I found Kyuhyun wearing my T-shirt which was a size too big for him revealing his collarbones and the glorious pale, milky skin and sleeping haphazardly on my bed with his legs dangling out from the mattress. How cute! I slowly approached him without making noise and gently placed his legs on the bed, tucked his arms close towards his body and covered him with a sheet to keep him warm. I sat beside his sleeping figure and pushed away a few strands of stray hair on his forehead. I placed my hands gently over his smooth and pale cheeks and started observing his striking features one by one. The faint night light in the room illuminated his skin to a beautiful golden hue and his eyelashes threw shadows that danced upon his cheeks and made them even more beautiful. I would give up anything in the world right now for this moment to last just a bit longer.

I realised that a person as pure and wonderful as him just puts up a brave front to make people think that everything is ok in his life and I wasnt going to allow him to wear that mask on for long and put up a facade fearing his dad and living his life anymore. His happiness depends on the happiness of his loved ones especially on his mom and brother. And I was going to do something about it. His dad will have to pay a price so dear for having made him go through hell for all these years but for now I need to do something to curb his addiction somehow. And the only way for that was to making him agree to consult a deaddiction centre. I know that its gonna be hard for him to take a decision regarding this and even harder as he will have to go through numerous gruelling counselling sessions and deal with harsh withdrawal symptoms. But something needs to be done before its too late and someone needs to take a stand because I cant afford to lose him. Then before going to bed I decided that I would talk about this to Kyuhyun tomorrow at school. I just hope he agrees to this hopefully!

I woke up startled to the sound of my alarm clock and immediately turned it off fearing that Kyuhyun's sleep would be disturbed. But when I turned around the bed looked empty and the sheets neatly folded and kept at the foot of the bed. I guess he woke up early and left for home already. Memories of yesterday's happenings came flooding into my mind. Kyuhyun getting drunk, confessing his feelings, both of us kissing, him staying over night, each and every moment was etched clearly in my mind. And I made a resolve to add many such beautiful memories with him as long as I am with him.

When I got dressed up for school, I noticed a small sticky note pasted on one of the walls of the living room. It said "Sorry I didnt tell you I was leaving. And thanks for taking care. See you at school today." What? Thats it? No hearts, no I love yous, no kisses? Someone needs to teach him how to drop lovely romantic sticky notes.

Kyuhyun's P.O.V

Thinking about yesterday's events, I made my way inside the house. I prepared myself for the worst as I thought about dad blowing his top over my absence yesterday. But to my surprise he wasnt at home. Atleast I wouldnt have to worry about that for now. The butler told me that dad wouldnt be available for a whole week as he was heading out of town for an important business meeting and that he was angry at me for not informing about my stay last night. Of course it wasnt something new for me as far as dad was concerned. I got ready, had my breakfast and went to school.

At school..

Everyone was excited for the Sports day. All arrangements were made and everything was in order and accounted for. I made my way to the council room and found the members already present including Siwon.

"Good morning Kyu!" Zhoumi and Yonghwa greeted me. I greeted them in return and looked at Siwon who winked at me with a smirk playing about his lips. Suddenly I felt my cheeks flush up and immediately turned away from him. But what had me disturbed was the fact that Changmin was being totally aloof. I approached him and asked him what was wrong. He simply said that everything was ok and that I shouldnt get worried about him. Of all people, I have known Changmin the most and when he says that everything was fine with a grim expression, it meant that everything was not fine. But right now, I need to concentrate on my events.

After the oath taking and everything was done, the events had started. Fans of every council member carried banners and chanted our names as a symbol of rooting for us. Siwon started with the 100 m sprint and I was surprised to see him coming first. All his girl admirers started saying things from "Oh! wow! Just as expected from Siwon!" "He is so dreamy and y!" to even "I wonder if he is single" and "I wonder how he is in bed!" Seriously! I cant believe how shallow these girls can be. The next was my turn. Siwon looked on from the stands and even waved at me while I was warming up.

Siwon's P.O.V

In all this Sports day ruckus, I wasnt able to find any time to be with my love. And I missed him like crazy. It was finally his turn for the 200 m hurdles and I watched him get warmed up. His hair was perfectly tousled, his skin glowing with a perfect tint of pink from all the warm up exercises and his muscles stretching from underneath it, his eyebrows kitted closely in concentration while his hawk like eyes targeted the finish line. And he had a massive fan club to boot. It consisted not only the girls but guys alike and everyone was rooting for him. I heard one of the girls saying "The President seems to be glowing today! Wonder whats up?" while another one said "Ya! And not to mention hot! And so so charming. Its a pity he always rejects everyone away!"

And I was so happy to realise that the reason for his unusual glow was me and that he accepted my feelings for him despite having a track record for breaking a million hearts! The race started and as expected he won it. Instead of getting exalted, he walked back towards the stands and sat beside one of our classmates with a cool demeanour. After talking a few minutes to that guy, he stood up and went inside the school building. Ha ha! This was my chance. Babykyu, you are in for a surprise. You will have to get punished for leaving me with a totally unromantic note this morning.

As I made my way inside the school building, I headed towards the locker rooms as I had a feeling that he would be there. But when I reached the entrance I saw not only Kyuhyun but Changmin was with him as well. They seemed to be having a spat and the next thing that Changmin did totally had my whole world crashing down on me.