Chapter 13

Addiction, Affliction, Affection

A/N Alright guys....Seems like I would be updating another chapter as a bonus only...and I repeat only because everyone has been requesting it as I had ended the previous one on a ginormously unfair cliffhanger and um..probably because well...I have been feeling bad for putting babykyu through something as major as that. So despite having to prepare for exams I have managed to find some time to update. Here I go but you guys have to promise me not to expect another chapter update anytime soon. Atleast not until next Sunday otherwise I will fail miserably...TTvTT


Siwon's P.O.V

Never in my life have I ever felt this scared and I was the one responsible for it to boot!

Stupid Siwon...You cant even take care of the one person that you hold so dear to yourself. What if something happened? What if he....No! That cant happen. I wont allow it!!!

As vivid memories of Kyuhyun flashed through my mind, I felt the tears in my eyes threatening to fall while I drove to Seoul National Hospital at full speed.

I parked my car in a hurry and dashed inside the hospital. The receptionist had guided me to the emergency care ward outside which I found Zhoumi, Yonghwa, Changmin and two others sitting on the chairs. After Yonghwa saw me, he approached me and said "Its terrible! The doctors are saying that he is not allowing them to come near them. He has been thrashing about for a while now" I felt the colour drain from within me as soon as I heard him say that.

"How did this happen? What did the doctors say?" I asked them.

"Everyone was searching for the President to give the vote of thanks after the events. We called his name out but he wasnt showing up. We had to end it abruptly but went in search of him immediately after. Someone on the way told us that he last saw him going into the locker room."Yonghwa said.

"Siwon we actually found him inside the locker room lying on the floor unconscious. We panicked and saw a needle lying beside him and were quite shocked to know that he had been under drugs. And then we called for the paramedics to know what really was wrong with him as he wasnt waking up. They said that nothing can be said until we take him to a hospital. So we brought him here. After a while he woke up on his own and started thrashing about ever since preventing the doctors from examining him." Zhoumi said.

I peeped inside the ER and saw him flail his hands giving the doctors a hard time. I am sorry Kyu. First I started ignoring you and now this! How could I have ever imagined to speak those words to you? I am the most selfish and self centered person who didnt give any regard to your feelings and thought about his own heartbreak.

"This...this is all my fault! Its my fault" I slid down to the floor letting my tears fall freely and hysterically clutching the strands of my hair. I could hear his painful screams from inside the ER and everytime he screamed I felt my heart go into a painful spasm.

"Siwon! Hey you have to pull yourself together. Be strong for yourself and him" Yonghwa said while hugging me.

"It was not your fault Siwon. It was my fault guys. If only I had controlled my actions this wouldnt have happened!" Changmin said.

"What are you talking about? How is this any of your fault?" Zhoumi urged him.

And then Changmin narrated the entire incident that had happened in the locker room and how I had accidentally witnessed it from outside.

"You know what! Both of you guys are hopeless. How could you ever do that to him? And you Siwon! Try getting your facts right before misunderstanding like this! Didnt you say that you love him? Is your love for him so weak that you easily misunderstood him instead of listening to him?" Zhoumi hissed at us in anger.

"But what I hadnt imagined was that Kyuhyun had been under drugs for a long time! Despite being a council member, I wasnt aware of this basic fact!" Yonghwa said dejectedly. Then suddenly two of the doctors came out from the ER and said "We tried everything but he simply isnt letting us get near him! I dont know how we are supposed to find out whats wrong if he doesnt even let up!"

I got up from the floor, wiped my tears away and said to them "I can help you calm him down if you let me"

"And what makes you so sure that you could calm him down when we have failed?" one of the doctors asked me.

"I am not sure but we have got to do something before he takes drastic measures. I am responsible for this mess and I am going to try no matter what!" I said to them firmly. After much thinking, the doctors let me in first while they followed me inside the ER. Kyuhyun was sitting upright on the bed with his back facing us. I slowly approached him while he was letting out silent whimpers and wiping his tears away.

"Kyu! Its me. Please look at me" I said to him with a barely audible voice. He didnt turn around and refused to look at me.

"Kyu please stop being stubborn. Come on we only want to help you!"I said. This time my voice slowly rose in pitch and was loud enough for him to turn his head and look at me with bloodshot eyes and a flushed face.

"Pipe down will you! My ears are hurting! And I dont need your help by the way! Just get out" he said angrily. Of all the countless occasions in which he has passed on biting remarks at me, this one was harsh on so many levels as I felt the pungency stinging me. I deserved this and much more hence I was ready to face him no matter how harsh his words sounded.

"Just understand Kyuhyun! We only want the best for you" I said with a defeated tone and approached him closer with open arms.

"What do you think you are doing? The best for me? Ha! Dont make me laugh!"he said sarcastically.

"Baby! I am sorry. I shouldnt have acted like that to you. You dont realise how sorry I am!"I said as my voice broke into sobs.

"Please let me hold you!" I pleaded before him and came closer to him. He stood up from the bed abruptly to get away but swayed dangerously due to the effect of the drugs. As he was about to fall on the floor I gripped his waist to support him. He started thrashing about in my hold trying his utmost to release himself but I didnt relent. He clutched at the fabric of my shirt while I hugged him tight and buried my face on the crook of his neck. As he continued his thrashing, both of us fell together on the bed with him sandwiched between me and the bed. I took this as a chance to hold his head in place from swaying about by placing my hands at the back of his head and put pressure on his legs to prevent them from moving by straddling them.

"Why? Why cant you stop torturing me Siwon? I want to die. I dont want this miserable life anymore!"he bit his lips and sobbed.

"You are not dying! I wont let you die. Everything is gonna be ok. Trust me baby!"I said softly while his soft auburn hair. The doctors took this as a chance and injected sedatives to put him to sleep. I then released my hold on him but continued to his hair saying soothing words to his ear. After a few seconds, I watched him close his eyes and drift to a peaceful sleep. I carefully placed his head gently on the pillows and exited the room so that the doctors could examine him in peace.

As I came out, Yonghwa asked "Had a hard time? Its ok. He is in good hands now" and put his arms around my shoulders to reassure me.

The doctors seemed to be taking their time with Kyuhyun as we were impatiently left to wait outside the ER. Changmin and Zhoumi said that they wanted some coffee and went to the cafeteria of the hospital while Yonghwa and I waited outside the ER. The two guys whom I havent seen before seemed to be concerned for Kyuhyun. I then said "I am not sure we have met and in all this ruckus I kinda forgot to ask you two!"

"Oh! Pardon me. I was kinda preoccupied as well! My name is Lee Jonghyun."one of them said with a dimpled smile.

"And I am Choi Minho. We both are Kyuhyun-hyung's friends" the other one with a tall and slim figure said.

"These two are a part of the "Kyuline" that I mentioned to you about once, remember?"Yonghwa said.

"Oh! Is that so?"I wondered and noticed a woman approaching us holding a cute boy in tow from far. As she came closer, I recognised her almost immediately. It was Kyuhyun's mom and his little brother whom I came across in the cafe previously. She half ran and half walked towards us.

I immediately got up on my feet and bowed before her and introduced myself. She asked "How is he now? And where are Changmin and Zhoumi? They were the ones who informed me that Kyukyu was in the hospital!"

"They had just gone out for some coffee, they will be back soon"I said while I noticed her eyes getting teary after seeing Kyuhyun lying unconscious on the hospital bed.

"Whats wrong with Brother Kyu mom? Is he gonna be ok?"Jino asked her with tear laden eyes.

His mom broke down and sat down on a chair while I held her shoulders firmly and said "Please dont lose heart. The doctors still havent said anything about his condition. I am sure he is gonna be fine" and tried to pacify her.

"I should have made him live with me instead of leaving him under his dad's care. I am sorry Kyukyu for putting you through so much at such a young age"she sobbed.

"He always was a loveable child. Quite outgoing and he loved his Jino so much that he refused to let him go in the end. But I never knew about his addiction or his drinking problem! I failed him miserably as a mother." she continued.

Right then Changmin and Zhoumi made their way back and the doctors came out with Kyuhyun's reports.

"Reports suggest that he was under a heavy dose of drugs for quite a long time. And the thing which made him go berserk right now was a highly potent hallucinogen. It was highly fortunate that he took a mild dosage otherwise god knows what he would have inflicted upon himself! We can guess this much that he has had a troubled life as a child and even now but what we dont get is why werent any of you who claim to be his friends able to do anything about this?" one of the doctors asked.

"Well! The thing is he kept us all in the dark about all this. We didnt know until today"Changmin told them.

"Anyway what has happened has happened! We have to get the drug out of his system and after he recuperates he will be adviced to consult a good rehabilitation centre. We will proceed with the IV medicines to wash out the deadly drugs from his body as soon as he wakes up. But most of all I would like to share this piece of advice with all of you. Pamper him while you can. Just make him feel loved. Most importantly you who claim to be his boyfriend! Because right now he needs you the most"they said to me.

"I wont disappoint any of you. I promise to take care of him properly from now"I said and planned to do just that.

"Can we go inside doctor?" his mom asked.

"Yes you can but I dont want any crowding. As he is sleeping, I dont want any noise inside that room that might wake him up now"the doctor said and left.

His mom wanted me to come inside along with her and his brother. She and Jino made their way near the bed and sat down beside his sleeping figure. She silently weeped and her body shook with bouts of sobs and whispered "You have suffered enough Kyukyu. You wont have to suffer anymore. Even at this time your father couldnt come and see you"

Jino cried silently standing in one corner of the room. I went near and crouched down meeting his eyes and said "Hey kiddo! Dont cry. Your brother will come around soon. He will be fine". He embraced me with his arms and said "Thank you Siwon-hyung for taking care of Kyu" I felt guilt wash over me as I realised that I hadnt been the one who saved him, I had been the one who put him in such a state. I made a resolve then that I would never give any excuse for people to question me about my love for Kyu. Never in my lifetime!

After 10 minutes, his mom and Jino went outside to wait while I remained.

His face was deadly pale, his hair dishevelled, his lips chapped and his arms being poked through which IV fluids ran through his veins to maintain his vitals while he slept peacefully. What once was a beautifully pink-tinted complexion of his now seemed to be completely devoid of colour. I wonder what you are thinking about Kyu! I had been a total jerk towards you not considering your feelings at all. I even had the nerve to doubt your feelings for me. Please dont do this to yourself anymore. I want to see your beautiful features light up with that heartstopping smile that never ceases to amaze me. I want to see you be your lively self once again. It doesnt matter to me if you came to hate me after this or pushed me away from your life. I just want you back alive and happy and I am willing to give up anything for that.

"You managed to make me fall deep for you. I cant seem to find a way out of this love. You have me spellbound baby, you really are something!!" I chuckled silently. I slowly went closer to him, pushed a few locks of his wayward hair out of the way and pressed a gentle kiss to his forehead. Suddenly I sensed him stir a little in his sleep and I backed off fearing his discomfort. However, his eyebrows knit together and he mumbled something inaudible. Wondering what he was saying I leaned in closer to listen to what he was saying in his sleep.

"Si..Siwon...Dont....dont le..leave"he said.

I held his hands tightly within mine while pressing kisses at the back of his hands as a symbol of reassuring him that I wont ever leave him alone. He fidgeted slightly on the bed and I noticed his eyelids fluttering a bit. He slowly cracked open his eyelids and blinked a few times to get accustomed to the soft light that illuminated the room. He made eye contact with me and by now he was fully awake.

Still holding onto his hand I said "Welcome back baby! I thought that I had lost you for good"

He let his hand slip away from my grasp and gently said "What are you doing here? I thought you said you were letting me go"

"I guess this fool cant be away from you for long after all"I said.

"And why do you think that I would want a blockhead like you for a boyfriend?"he asked me.

"Because I have decided to become less of a blockhead from now, because I love you to bits and because you drive me crazy"I told him while he chuckled. Finally the smile that I had been dying to see for long has made its way across his lips.

"So? Am I forgiven?"I asked him expectantly.

"I dont plan on forgiving you anytime soon. I am sorry. You even went to the extent of doubting me!" he said with a grim expression.

"And you have no idea how much I regret for having done that. Come on baby! You know I cant live without you"I said.

"I wont forgive you as long as you call me baby and prove to me just how much you love me!" he said.

"You want me to prove my love! Tell me what should I do?"I asked him.

"Kiss me!" he exclaimed.

I sat before him with my mouth dangling open in surprise while he urged "Come on! Just kiss me before I refuse to forgive you"

"Who are you and what have you done with Cho Kyuhyun?" I .

"Guess you can kiss that...mmfff" before he could complete I smashed my lips with his to silence him.

I kissed and kissed till I was lying beside him on the hospital bed draping an arm around his waist and pulling him closer. I nibbled his lower lip gently and pulled on it and demanded an entrance to his mouth. He obliged and I let both our tongues battle it out exploring every nook and cranny of our mouths while his hands were entangled in my hair pulling them gently. My hand roamed over his waist and then dragged upwards his back gently then proceeded upwards towards his neck. I gently placed my hands at the nape of his neck and brought his head closer to me as I deepened it. I felt him gasp in pain suddenly and I broke free.

"Whats wrong? Did I hurt you?"I asked in panic.

"No! Its not that. Its this stupid IV" he said in annoyance.

"Its a good thing you have that IV on, otherwise I would have taken you here and now!"I said while hugging him by the waist.

"You big cheeseball! Both of us are so damn hopelessly in love arent we? We couldnt even control ourselves on a freaking hospital bed!" he laughed gently.

"And who was the one who asked for a kiss hmm?"I urged him wiggling my eyebrows and flashed a dimpled smile.

"You and your shi-brows and those damned dimples! And I asked you to kiss me not eat me you goof! And I am freaking sick!" he said.

"You should realise by now that I simply cant keep myself from ravishing you no matter what" I replied.

"Anyway just try to rest a bit while I inform the doctor that you have woken up. They said that they would wash those drugs out of your body once you have woken up!"I said and added "Kyu! I love you" while he replied "Love you too" he said with a smile before I exited the ER.