Chapter 4

Addiction, Affliction, Affection

Siwon's P.O.V

Ever since I laid my eyes on him, I couldnt see anyone else in the same light. Now that I had witnessed him taking drugs in the music room, there has been nothing on my mind except him. And whats with the lame confession? Why was he drugging himself? And he did clarify that it was not because of me. Then what could be the reason?

"Ahhh! I am losing my mind here. How am I going to face him tomorrow?" I shuffled my hair out of exasperation. There was a faint knock on my door.

"How was your first day at school?" my dad came inside and sat beside me.

Huh! My first day! Everything was peachy. Nothing out of the ordinary except I forced a kiss on the Student Council President, got kicked in the shin, saw him taking drugs in the Music Room and confessed to him in the most unromantic way possible and made a fool out of myself.I thought.

"Um! Ya it was cool and I made a friend. His name is Jung Yonghwa and he is the Treasurer of the Student Council. He is a nice guy." I told him.

"Hm! Good for you. But just be cautious and dont go making friends with the wrong people alright!" he demanded.

"Dont worry dad I wont" I reassured him.

"I wanted to tell you something son." Dad told me.

"What is it dad?"  I asked curiously. "I am gonna be staying in an apartment that is nearby the head office from tomorrow onwards. You think you can manage on your own here?" he asked me.

"What? But why dad?" I asked. "Its only till your graduation though. I cant make you come along and live with me 'coz this place is nearby your school. And I really need to stay somewhere close so that its convenient for me to get by. I hope you understand and I promise to visit you every weekend and call you everyday." he said.

"Its ok dad. I understand. And dont worry Ill manage everything here." I assured him.

"Alright then its settled. I better get my things packed for tomorrow. Good night Siwon" he said.

"Good night dad"I said to him and watched him leave.

Ah! So its gonna be just me in this apartment from tomorrow. Its gonna get boring without dad here I thought. I was tired from my long day and tried to catch some sleep. With the last thoughts of Kyuhyun in my mind, I felt my eyelids droop in exhaustion.

Kyuhyun's P.O.V

Tap.....Tap....

I woke up suddenly due to the knocking on the front door. I found myself lying on the ground beside the front door and faintly remembered getting drunk last night. And my head was pounding like crazy. Bloody hangovers!

I stood up and fixed myself up and opened the door. It was my dad. He had come back from Taiwan. He glared at me for a few seconds and let himself in and shut the door from behind. As I was making my way to the kitchen for some Aspirin he asked me "Where were you last night? I called you a million times but you werent picking up. And why arent you in your pajamas? Were you out partying with your friends last night? Did you get drunk?"

"Oh for crying out loud! Could you stop asking me so many questions? My head is pounding already"I barked at him and popped the Aspirin into my mouth and gulped it down with a glass of water.

"You were drinking! And where are your manners boy? I should have known better to keep you away from your mother. That wench didnt teach you any manners!" he hollered. That really did it! I heard my patience snap and in a fit of anger I grabbed on to the glass and smashed it hard on the kitchen cabinet. Some of the glass pieces cut through the palm of my hand and it was bleeding.

"Listen carefully! You wanted me to follow you in your footsteps and take care of your business and I obliged without any second thoughts only because you promised not to hurt mom or Jino if I did so. I seem to be doing a fabulous job so far and I would appreciate it if you didnt trash talk about her or Jino in front of me. 'Coz the next time I dont think I would be benevolent enough to spare hurting your head......Good day to you Mr.Cho!" I spat at him in anger and left for my room to get ready for school.

I reached school at the usual time and saw that Siwon guy coming from the opposite direction along with Yonghwa. Upon meeting up at the entrance, he flashed a dimpled smile at me and said "Good morning President". My cold demeanour did seem to falter upon seeing his dimples. He does look cute though! What the hell is wrong with me? Cute? Must be the hangover. Better snap out of it Kyu. I thought.

"Good morning Kyu. And whats with the bandage? Did you hurt your hand?"Yonghwa greeted me. "Its nothing! Better get inside now"I demanded and the two of them followed close behind me. Yonghwa chatted Siwon up without a break till we reached the admin building.

"I need to go ask the authorities about this year's fee. You two go on ahead to class." Yonghwa said and disappeared into the admin building leaving me and Siwon to ourselves. It seemed as though Siwon tried to break the awkward silence between us a few times but refrained from doing so on the way to our classroom. When we reached the stairway leading to our classroom I decided to break the silence myself and said "About yesterday! I would appreciate it if you didnt tell anyone about it. Especially to Yonghwa. That guy is bound to make a mountain out of a mole hill if he finds out about it."

"What do you mean? The singing or the drugs?" he asked me curiously.

"Both." I said and headed towards the classroom without paying much attention to him. The classroom was empty as it was quite early and the students were yet to come. Siwon followed me inside and sat down beside me on Changmin's seat. I shot a murderous glare in his direction and he said "What? Why are you looking at me like I am doing something illegal?"

"Just stay away from me" I threatened.

"Is that all you say? You should talk more like Yonghwa" he said to me. Yonghwa? Seriously? He is a walking tape recorder.

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Changmin and Yonghwa entering the classroom. This guy is seriously in for some hard pummelling from Changmin if he doesnt get up soon.

"You are gonna get reduced to a pulp any second if you dont get up now" I said in a low tone.

"No matter what you say, I am not gonna lift my from this seat." he said to me and squirmed in Changmin's seat as if reassuring me.

"Well dont say I didnt warn you when you bite the dust" I said and within seconds Changmin came charging towards Siwon.

"How dare you take my place?" Changmin demanded with a rough tone.

"Well it doesnt have your name on it! And besides isnt every student entitled to sit wherever he wants to?" Siwon retaliated.

"Listen up buddy! You dont know who you are messing with! If there is anyone who sits beside Kyuhyun its me and no one else" Changmin threatened. Just then Zhoumi came in and after watching this scene he immediately stood beside Changmin to stop him from doing anything rash.

"Why? He isnt even your boyfriend! Why are you getting worked up?" Siwon asked him. Like a volcano ready to burst, Changmin grabbed Siwon's collar and was ready to do some serious damage. Zhoumi and Yonghwa held onto Changmin and Siwon with much difficulty. I couldnt take it anymore as my day had already begun on a bad note and my headache was getting worse from the ruckus.

"Enough! Just stop it all of you" I yelled at them. Everyone in front of me froze, including the students who were arriving. As I stood up suddenly my head started spinning and I knocked my chair down by accident as I tried to hold onto it for support. Changmin saw me swaying a bit, so he let go of Siwon and supported me from falling.

"Kyu! Are you ok? You dont look too well. Lets go to the infirmary" Changmin asked me out of concern.

"I am fine! Just leave me be. I am sure I will be fine if I am left for myself. And all of you guys can go back to your seats"I demanded.

I glanced over at Siwon while he was being pulled away from Changmin's seat by Yonghwa. The concerned look on his face upset me. Why does this guy care so much? Then I suddenly remembered his confession from yesterday. He doesnt know what he is getting himself into. I need to stay away from that guy at all costs. Changmin sat beside me and asked me if I was ok from time to time. I have to say that Changmin can be annoying at times but he is my best friend.

Zhoumi called me from behind and asked "Kyu are you sure that you are ok for the council meeting today after school? There are lots of issues that need to be discussed"

"Yes Zhoumi. I cannot afford to overlook another council meeting. Inform Yonghwa to make it to the council room as soon as the classes are done with" I told him.

The classes for the rest of the day went smoothly and I felt my headache slowly fade away. During break, I could sense Siwon's eyes on me. This guy is really something!

When the final bell rung, Changmin, Zhoumi and I went ahead to the council room while Yonghwa followed along with Siwon. On the way Changmin informed me about Yunho quitting his post of the Sports Secretary.

"What? He didnt inform me about it and he cant quit without my consent"I said.

"I know! And he wanted to inform you yesterday but you cancelled the meeting at the last minute. He said that he had some family issues to take care of and that he was considering a transfer to some other school. We have no other choice but to look for other worthy students" Changmin told.

Yonghwa and Siwon who were following us probably would have heard about this when suddenly Siwon added "What? You guys are looking for a Sports Secretary? I might be of some help to you guys then!"

"We werent asking for your help. I think we are quite self sufficient thank you very much!" Changmin spat coldly.

"But Changmin we dont have much time right now. The selection for the track and fields, assigning captaincies to the teams and such need to go on floors by the end of this week." Zhoumi added.

"And I have been the Sports Secretary of my previous school. I can get you the Certificate of Accomplishment as evidence tomorrow" Siwon said.

"Well then we need to consider this possibility too Changmin" Yonghwa added.

After giving it much thought and for the sake of the council, I said "Alright! Come to school tomorrow and bring your credentials. I have to see for myself whether you fit the bill or not" and left for the council meeting with Changmin, Zhoumi and Yonghwa.

"Kyu! Are you crazy? We cant trust that guy. And you need to keep your distance from him as much as possible. What if he turns out unworthy?" Changmin asked me.

"Changmin I dont need to remind you time and again that I am the President of the Student Council. I call the shots and I still havent finalised anything about him. If he proves to be worthy, he gets the job and if he isnt worthy then he doesnt. Its as simple as that. End of discussion!" I said and proceeded to start the meeting.