Chapter 17

Addiction, Affliction, Affection

Siwon's P.O.V

I woke up to the warm and welcoming rays of morning sun as I heard the curtains being reeled away. Squinting my eyes to adjust to the light, I fluttered my eyelids a bit and saw Kyuhyun standing and admiring the sunrise through the window. Turning around he saw me waking up from my bed and came closer. His halo against the soft rays of the sun was indeed enchanting and a sight to behold. He sat down beside me on the bed and held my hand while smiling warmly.

 

"You woke up soon!"he said gently.

 

"Hmm..And you dressed up soon too. When did you wake up?" I told him.

 

"Well I woke up an hour ago. You cant expect me to stay beside you all day. I have to go to rehab later today remember?" he said.

 

"Dont remind me Kyu. You like tormenting me dont you?" I pouted at him.

 

"Well you are one to double-speak. Werent you the one who insisted me to consult a rehab and get rid of my addiction?" he said.

 

"I did but..." I spoke as I sat up straight on my bed but Kyu interrupted and said "I know Siwon. Its gonna be hard but its only one month. It will be over within a blink of an eye. Now stop acting like a spoilt child and stop making it difficult for me alright!"

 

"Alright! I am happy that you are doing this and I cant tell you how proud I am about you."I said and hugged him tightly. He returned the hug and said "Thank you. Now take a bath and get dressed. I am leaving in an hour"

 

I got up from my bed and dragged my lazy to the bathroom. After taking a quick shower and getting dressed in casuals, I found Kyuhyun sitting on the couch in the living room listening to music from his tiny MP3 player. By the look of how he had his eyes closed, I could say that he was completely submerged in it. I sat down beside him and he opened his eyes immediately and looked at me. Oh! I am gonna miss him like crazy. How am I supposed to be away from him. It pains me to say goodbye but its only temporary and more importantly its for his own good. And I should support him as his boyfriend!!

 

 

He unplugged his earphones out of his ear and switched his MP3 player off. He scooted closer to me and placed his head on my shoulder. I brought my hands to his hair and started it softly.

 

"So how was last night for you? Does it hurt anywhere?" I asked out of concern.

 

"Hmm! No just a bit sore. And I cant explain it in words. It was beautiful Siwon." he said.

 

"I am glad you liked it. I was afraid that you would regret it when you wake up"I said.

 

"No! Are you crazy? Well. Not entirely though I regret having these now. They are not fading away at all now." he told me and showed me the numerous hickeys on his neck.

 

I blushed and chuckled slightly and said "Sorry sweetheart. I cant help it. I was high on libido last night and your neck was begging me to mark it last night. And besides its not that distinct. Nothing you cant handle with a bit of concealer make-up"

 

He huffed a bit in annoyance and punched my chest playfully. Gently laying his head on my shoulder again while I fiddled with his slender fingers he softly said "Siwon I have something to confess to you"

 

"Go on. What is it?" I asked.

 

He raised his head and was now facing me. "Its about my dad and his so called escapades under the pretext of doing business."

 

"Go ahead Kyu. I'm all ears" I urged him and he narrated the entire incident that happened yesterday from the IT raid, to his discovery of his dad's scandal and his threat to his mom's and Jino's life. I could only stare at him in shock as he ended his explanation.

 

"I want to expose the cheater that he is and I want to catch him red handed. But I cant do it while I am away in rehab for a month. On top of everything, I dont have enough evidence either and I cant do it once he gets back from his overseas visit. I know that I am asking too much from you and maybe putting you in danger in the process but I cant bring myself to ask anyone else's help but yours. Will you help me?" he asked me.

 

"Kyu! You know that I would do anything for you. And I am happy that you told me about this and that you trust me so much. I will do whatever it is in my power to collect enough evidence against your father. You can count on me."I told him.

 

He smiled and said "Just be careful. And dont hesitate to ask Changmin for help as apart from me he is the one who is familiar with most of my dad's businesses so he might be able to help you. I will inform him before going"

 

"Alright then. Hmm! Something smells wonderful. Did you cook breakfast?" I sniffed around as I got up and proceeded towards the dining table while he followed close behind me.

 

"Um yeah! Its not anything fancy. Just some blueberry pancakes and maple syrup" he told me and handed me a cup of hot steaming americano. It was just right, not too bitter without sugar.

 

I sat down and started eating my pancakes as he munched on his. As I took my first bite I looked up at him in surprise and said " These taste just like those from the restaurant. Its delicious"

 

"Ha ha! Really? Its just that yesterday was quite special to me right from morning till night. So I thought of treating the one I love before going" he said. His tone was matter-of-factly but he doesnt realise how much these words mean to me coming from him. For the first time I feel loved and cherished by him as I had always thought that he wasnt much of the expressive one. I finished my breakfast and put away the dishes in the sink for washing. After some more time chatting it was time for him to leave. I accompanied him till the parking lot where his car was parked last night.

 

"Are you sure you dont want me to come and drop you at the rehab Kyu?" I asked him.

 

"No! I wouldnt be able to continue my treatment that way. Who knows, I might even abandon everything and come running back to you and you wouldnt want that right. You do want to see me healthy again, right Won?" he asked me back. Hearing this tears started welling up and I hugged him tightly.

 

"You big cry baby! What do I do with you?" he said to me and started my back gently and said "I have something for you so you wouldnt miss me that much!" I released from the hug and stared at him with a puzzled expression.

 

He reached into his pocket, took out his MP3 player and placed it in my hands. "This has all the songs that I have sung so far. Most of them are covers while some were written by Zhoumi. I want you to listen to them when you miss me alright!" he said.

 

"Quite thoughtful! I am touched. Except I think I would stick to your songs all the time as I would be missing you every single second!" I said and chuckled.

 

"You cheeseball! Dont forget your duties as the SS while I am away. You are forgetting the fact that Changmin is gonna be the in charge  and he is even stricter than me. He isnt called Sgt. Shim for nothing when it comes to work and he wont think twice before making everything hell for you if he sees you slacking off." he warned me.

 

"Ooohh!!! I am shakin' in my boots already." I said and we both laughed out loud. As he opened the door to his car, he looked at me for the last time. And as if on cue, he pulled me closer by my hands and placed a kiss square on my lips. I encircled his waist while he cupped my cheeks. As much as I had wanted to deepen it, he reluctantly pulled away and said "I'll call you. You better pick up."I nodded in response and he quickly got inside his car. As he revved up the engine, I crouched down and saw him through the window. He turned towards me and looked at me with his tear laden eyes and waved me goodbye. And before I knew it, I saw his car disappearing from the parking lot. Holding onto his MP3 player tightly in my hands, I plugged my ears with the headphones and climbed upstairs to my house as his mesmerising voice filled my senses.

 

Half-heartedly I got ready for school and left my house. Upon reaching I noticed dozens of students staring at me incredulously. Unfazed and rather confused by their reaction I headed towards my classroom. I was greeted by Yonghwa, Zhoumi and Changmin.

 

"Whats the matter lover boy? I thought that the President was sick to come to school, not you! What happened to you?" Yonghwa asked me.

 

"Ah come on! Gimme a break!"I said irritatedly.

 

"Whoa! Someone just woke up at the wrong side of the bed today!" he said.

 

"Its not like that! I am cranky 'coz I wont be able to see him....."I replied but Yonghwa cut me off and said "....For a month! Big deal. It will be over before you snap your fingers.....Dude you gotta pull yourself together now!"

 

"Yes! Especially now that everyone in school knows about you two being in a relationship! People have already started being skeptical about you two." Changmin said from behind.

 

"But dont worry too much. Majority of students are just shocked that Kyuhyun could even be in a relationship 'coz you know he has a reputation of sorts. Everything will be fine" Zhoumi added.

 

"You guys dont understand! What if Kyu's dad comes to know? Its totally dangerous" I panicked.

 

"If he ever comes to school of course, which he doesnt! Most of the time he will be making overseas visits anyway! So just cool down." Yonghwa said and that calmed me down but only a little.

 

The class seemed to drag on and on. Sometimes I used to look over at Kyuhyun's spot beside Changmin which was now empty and sighed heavily as if Kyuhyun would miraculously appear on that very same spot. I felt my eyelids droop during Mathematics as it was my least favorite subject. But I was thankful for it was the last period of the day. Carefully I laid down my head on the desk and drifted off to sleep and dreamt of Kyuhyun and I taking a leisurely stroll on the sandy beaches holding hands, whispering words to each others' ears and watching the sunset while he supported his head on my shoulders. Suddenly he raises his head, looks at me lovingly and comes closer and closer to my lips for a kiss. Right then someone's voice woke me out of sleep. When I opened my eyes I found Yonghwa's face close to mine instead of Kyuhyun's.

 

Startled upon seeing his face, I backed up slightly and said "W..what are you doing Yonghwa?"

 

"Well you know how the Prince kisses Sleeping Beauty to wake her up, I sorta wanted to do that to you to see if you wake up" Yonghwa chuckled and later let out a hearty laughter. Changmin and Zhoumi too joined in.

 

"Just kidding dude. You muttered Kyu's name for atleast a dozen times in your sleep. You were lucky the Professor didnt notice you dozing off, otherwise you would be in a big ugly pile of now" Yonghwa said.

 

"Alright enough fooling around guys. As we were busy with Kyuhyun's issue these past few days, a lot of backlogged work needs to be given attention. And so I have called for a meeting with the Professors as well that will commence shortly in the council room."Changmin announced.

 

"Whoa! No kidding! Kyuhyun was right about you Sgt.Shim!" I teased.

 

"And this is just the tip of the iceberg Choi Siwon. There is still more to come" Changmin smirked at me and left for the council room.

 

The meeting commenced and the Professors announced the dates for University entrance exams that will take place in 4 months time and told us to put the notice up on the bulletin board for the attention of students. They also sensitised us about the charity event that the school planned to host in view of raising funds that would be helpful in building a new state of the art school in the heart of the city affiliated to a top notch Ivy league university. Yonghwa being the treasurer took up the responsibility for collecting funds for the same. And they also asked us to come up with ideas on what all events had to be held. I came up with the suggestion of hosting a concert as one of the events for the fund raiser as two of the council members were already in a rock band of their own. My idea was surprisingly welcomed by the council members and the Professors alike and they suggested to keep the concert at the start of the event. After a few more minutes of discussion, the meeting came to a close and all of us decided to go home.

 

After Yonghwa and Zhoumi left, Changmin and I were the only ones left in the council room. I suddenly got reminded of what Kyuhyun told me earlier today and thought of informing Changmin about it.

 

"Uh! Changmin I wanted to talk something very important to you. Would you mind sparing a few minutes?" I asked him.

 

"Hm! Not at all. Would you care to wait till I sort these papers and stack them in a file?" he asked me.

 

"Ok then! Ill be downstairs in the music room on the first floor" I told him. He raised an eyebrow signifying why I wanted to wait there of all places but sighed as soon as he understood my reasons.

 

"Oh boy! You are one love sick puppy if you cant even stand a day without Kyuhyun around you. Fine Ill make it in ten minutes" he said and I headed towards the music room.

 

Upon reaching the first floor, I walked towards the music room where I first heard Kyuhyun singing a melancholic song and playing the piano as accompaniment. I opened the door and glanced over at the piano where he sat and his fingers played the keys. Slowly I closed my eyes and plugged in the earphones that was connected to Kyuhyun's MP3 player and settled down in front of the grand piano. As Kyu's recorded voice played through the earphones, I visualised him sitting here right beside me on the bench in front of the piano and singing the very same song live while playing the piano. It felt magical as I felt Kyuhyun's presence for real.

 

I guess you were right about giving me this at this moment and I guess I do miss you a little less now that I am listening to your song Kyu. But its still not the same! I know its only for a month but why the hell is this so difficult?

 

I didnt know for how long I have been listening to the songs but snapped out when I felt someone tap my shoulder. It was Changmin and I unplugged the headphones out of my ears.

 

"This is Kyuhyun's isnt it? He gave it to you?" he asked me.

 

"Uh yeah! Actually this has all the songs that he has sung so far and wanted me to keep it till he came back from rehab!" I said and chuckled slightly.

 

"In other words, this is how you cope with your addiction in my opinion. Your addiction for Kyuhyun I mean!" he said sarcastically.

 

"Ha! I guess you can call that an addiction too. Kyuhyun has kinda become a drug that I cant live without I suppose" I replied.

 

"Its strange how Kyuhyun warmed up to you so fast and now you two are in a relationship. If I had been atleast half as headstrong as you a few years back instead of backing off, I would have been in your place by now" he confessed.

 

This caught me off guard completely. I asked him "You still have feelings for Kyuhyun, dont you Changmin?"

 

He gently shook his head and replied "Well I wouldnt wanna lie to you. But I cant help it either as he is my first and only love. But dont worry I dont plan on doing something stupid like what I did a few days ago. Although it is tough for me I have come to accept the fact that I cant be anyone more than a friend to him. That place has been clinched by you and the idea of prying Kyuhyun away from you is too risky and farfetched and I wouldnt want to lose him as a friend. He is just too precious to me Siwon and you have become a trustworthy friend of mine as well. I dont plan on losing both of you due to my stupidity"

 

"Its alright! Just forget about the past. Does the school now know that Kyuhyun's been admitted to rehab for his addiction?" I said.

 

"What? No! We cant risk revealing it to the students at any cost. I have just informed to everyone including the Professors that he had gone to his grandfather's place for some rest and relaxation for a month" Changmin said.

 

"Thank god! But I am not getting a positive vibe doing this. Till when can we keep this a secret from everyone?" I wondered.

 

"Hm! You are right though but we will think of something before anything drastic happens. Anyway you called me here to say something right! What is it?" he asked me.

 

And I told him about everything that Kyu had told me about his dad. "This is quite shocking for me as well. I will definitely help you in any way I can Siwon. Dont worry!" he told me.

 

"Alright then. Kyu told me that he would send us the pictures that he took of his dad's illegal transactions soon just in case if we need them. Until he comes back from rehab we should be on the look out as well." I told him.

 

"Why dont we go to Kyu's house under the pretext of bringing some clothes or necessities or something like that over to Kyuhyun in rehab while we are visiting him and search for something beneficial that might come in handy. It wouldnt be a big deal to fool his house keepers and his dad is out of town too" Changmin suggested.

 

"Thats a great idea. Lets do that tonight and visit Kyuhyun later tomorrow evening if we find anything"I told him. Then we both went our separate ways back to our homes.

 

Upon reaching home, I changed into my casuals and freshened myself up. I thought of calling Kyuhyun but thought otherwise 'coz he probably would be resting now. Just when I thought of listening to one of Kyuhyun's songs my phone rang. Upon noticing the caller-ID , I instantly became ecstatic that I almost ended up doing a cartwheel. It was Kyuhyun calling me. I immediately picked it up and answered his call.

 

"Kyu! Sweetheart. How are you doing?" I asked him. His line was silent for a few seconds and I felt strange so I tried asking him again.

 

"Kyu! Kyuhyun. Is everything alright? Why arent you...?"I urged but thankfully he answered me with a rather strangulated and exhausted voice.

 

"Siwon. Ya I am alright I think." he said.

 

"Kyuhyun dont you dare lie to me. Obviously you are tired because of the withdrawal symptoms, am I right?" I asked him.

 

"Hmm! Ya I am being pumped with medicines to counteract the effects of the drugs that I have been taking since three years. Supposedly they are meant to make my body reject the drugs willingly. And man, they are damn effective Won. They tested it out by injecting a small dose of anti-depressant that I usually take and a few minutes afterwards....BAM! I puked it all out" he said enthusiastically.

 

I teared up when I heard him say that he threw up as the news of him suffering just doesnt go down well with me.

 

"Baby kyu....hho...how ddoo you feel now?" I asked him as my voice broke miserably along with my tears falling freely.

 

"Stop calling me..a...baby *yawn* you cry baby! I have to go through this ....if ...I must live with you. And dont worry I am just tired from the puking. The *yawn* doctor said that the puking is natural for me as the drugs that I had been taking were pretty strong ones." he said.

 

Wiping my tears I said "I am coming right now to see you."

 

"No! Dont! Its past visiting hours and Won I just need your support from far. Thats enough!" he said.

 

"Ok. Listen Kyu! I told everything to Changmin and he and I have planned to go to your house tonight to search for anything that might prove to be useful. And then we will come visit you to the rehab tomorrow after school. Is that ok with you?" I asked him.

 

"Thanks Siwon. But just be careful. Call me if you need any help alright!" he said and yawned loudly over the phone.

 

"Alright Kyu! You seem tired and you need your rest too. If you ever need me I am just a phonecall away. Be strong and I love you." I said.

 

"Fine. I love you and I miss you Won" he said and hung up. Immediately afterwards I made a call to Changmin and said "Changmin. I will be ready in five. Lets do this"

 

Hello guys....Finally the downfall of Kyuhyun's father has begun. What do you all think of Siwon and Changmin's devotion to Kyuhyun? While one is devoted as his lover the other is devoted as his bestfriend....Stay tuned for more excitement in the next update....Criticisms and suggestions to improve my story are also welcomed.....^^