Epilogue

Addiction, Affliction, Affection

7 years later....

 

Seoul, South Korea....

Changmin had become a convincing and ruthless lawyer tied down by his self righteousness which undoubtedly has him as the No:1 advocate this country had ever seen in a long long time. True to his nickname from way back in High school, Sgt.Shim as he was fondly called by his BFF, his opponents trembled and almost gave in as soon as he made his trademark snarky and razor sharp comments, a particular trait that he had learned to pick up from his best friend of so many years.

 

Huh ....Best friend ha? I wonder what he is doing in London???

 

Beijing,China....

Zhoumi had become a famous Nuclear Oncologist coming up with less tedious but effective treatment procedures in order to save lives of millions who become victims to the deadly disease every year. Every now and then he used to send emails to the person sadly to which he hardly got any replies, who had never failed to give him hope to compose soulful tunes in his spare time. Just one day.....one day that person can grace his compositions that he still holds dear to his heart with his golden and heavenly voice.....Sighing heavily due to lack of rest on account of the current research that he has undertaken and also due to the frustration of not being able to meet his dear friend in a long time, he leans back into the soft cushions of the recliner chair in his cabin, closing his eyes in hopes of getting rid of the new wave of exhaustion that threatened to drain out his strength for the day.....Maybe he should call it a day!!!

 

When will I get to see you....? Everyone misses you...Are you even aware of that??

 

Tokyo,Japan....

Meanwhile Yonghwa just couldnt pass by the chance of auditioning for a world famous record label in Japan. His extraordinary guitar skills were recognised almost instantly and he had signed an official contract with them about 2 years ago. Now he is one of the most talented musicians whose recent album got sold out in record time. But he keeps himself grounded and does not let his fame get to his head. Every now and then he reminisces about the mostly turbulent but fun times that he had when he was in high school ,his first interaction with Siwon, their teases and all their outings. Somehow, somewhere he still yearns to experience all those wonderful moments once again....

President, Siwon, Changmin, Zhoumi......I miss you guys......

 

Seoul National Hospital....

Siwon had become the most proficient and the youngest doctor to ever head the department of Cardiology at the Seoul National Hospital. At the age of 25, his skills had already been recognised as one of the most skillful heart surgeons this country has ever seen. It was his dream to become a doctor and push the services of his dad's chain of hospitals into the medical stream and earn name and fame. His dad had become even more busy handling the family business and extending his business ventures far and wide. But even so, he never misses to visit his doctor son and enquire about his well being once in a while. And for that Siwon was thankful, thankful to god for having given him the most caring and wonderful father a person could ever have and cherish. But what Siwon misses the most now is his sweetheart and the physical distance between each other didnt help either. No matter how much he keeps himself busy not to think about the separation, his heart always goes out to seek the warmth and love of his other half. Of course, he calls, he texts and even video chats with him but all of that isnt still the same as what they once shared 7 years ago.....The first meeting, the first kiss, the second one and all those that followed, the gentle gaze, the toiling one month rehabilitation, the unforgettable 18th birthday surprise, the dates, the love making, the tragedy that almost took his love away, basically all those bittersweet moments that Siwon reminisces now at the moment.

 

He sits on the bed in one of the hospital rooms and thinks about the last time he had been with his beloved....

 

It was in the airport and Siwon was about to go through one of the toughest phases of his life from then on. The announcement had already been made for all passengers to board the flight to London. Changmin, Zhoumi and Yonghwa were beside him who had come for the send off. With much reluctance, he let go of the slender hand that he had enclosed within his calloused palms after kissing the back of it one last time.

 

Eyes becoming heavy with tears, he said "Take care .....Come back to me soon"

 

"I will.....Love you .....Won...." he got his reply.....

 

ICN International Airport....

 

A tall young man with messy, short brown hair, clad in plain white T-shirt, chocolate brown cardigan and dark blue jeans holding his mobile phone in one hand and hauling his luggage is making his way out of the airport after the mandatory security checks.

 

"Yes, yes I know. Look mom I have to hang up......there's..there's a lot of crowd in here...Take care and tell Jino to prepare for his University exams instead of playing games all day...Love you..Bye" he hangs up abruptly and hires a cab to take him to the nearby hotel.

 

He makes another call to the reception of the hotel to book a room for him to stay. The taxi takes him to his destination and he makes himself comfortable lying on the king sized bed in his designated room in the hotel. After taking a shower and changing into his clean set of clothes, he moves towards the breakfast table and finishes it. Tipping the waiter for his services, he heads out of the hotel to pay someone important a much deserved visit after a long time.....

 

Seoul National Cemetery....

 

Holding a bouquet of beautiful royal purple Wisteria blooms, he slowly approaches the resting place of the man who had shown him what love and hatred were all at the same time, the man who was responisble for his current position in life, the man who though heartless, had his heart in the right place during his last moments in life, the man who simply didnt deserve the kind of horrific death that had taken his life all because of a downright vengeful and disgusting kind of woman.

 

As he gets near the head stone that marked the resting place of his late father, he notices someone else sitting down on the bench in front of it. When the person turns his head to meet his eyes, he finally recognises him as the said person stood up to greet him after so many years.

 

"Hyun Seung?" he recognises his name...

 

"Kyuhyun hyung...its been long.." he addresses him.

 

Without having the need to address him back, Kyuhyun stooped down and placed the Wisteria blooms at the foot of the grave.

 

"You thought coming here and paying homage would cleanse your mother's sins?"he began.

 

"I dont care what you think about my visit here! But let me tell you just one thing. I have cut all ties with my mom after that incident and I would also like to say that I never had anything against you or your family and I still dont have anything of that sort against you. And I have proven that to you by selling out most of my mother's assets and providing you with compensation."Hyun Seung said.

 

"Heh! Sadly this wont bring my father back now will it?" Kyuhyun got up from his crouched position and stood up facing Hyun Seung.

 

"I know that too and I have nothing to say to you except apologise and atone for my mother's crimes and I am willing to do it for how many times that you may ask me to. Your father was my father too and I had great respect for him. Truth be told I didnt want to come here but your father did save us from a crisis long back and this was the least that I could do. Pay homage." he added.

 

"I dont want your pathetic apologies as it is useless and pointless. Anyway why am I losing my breath on you? Changmin did say that you had been the one who informed them about your mother's plans that night. Although it couldnt save my dad, you kinda saved my life instead. So I guess I am grateful to you for that!Now if you will excuse me, I have to go." Kyuhyun turned his back on him and continued to walk away from Hyun Seung.

 

Hiring a taxi back to the hotel, he trudged towards his room and flopped down on his bed again. Memories of those bitter moments with his father came flashing through his mind like a movie and during all those times just one person had been his sole source of inner strength. Fighting off the strong desire to sleep, he picked his smartphone up and made a call.

 

Hey Chwang....Its been..HEY!

Dont you yell at me buster...Alright...Alright..Wh...What? What do you mean Siwon is most important to me?

.....I had things to take care of.....Tru..Trust me...I....Just listen to me once......QUIET DOWN!!!!!!!! *sigh* Finally! Thank you your highness!

Look Siwon and I havent been in touch for quite a long time. I had sent an email to all you guys stating that I wont be able to reply since the construction of the music college in London was underway.........

What do you mean it didnt reach you?????? I dont know why it didnt reach you but this is the truth....So please cut me some slack!

And guess what.....I am in Seoul. I arrived here this morning!....What? .....No.....I came alone....yup..I am staying in a hotel.......

And listen, I would be here for a week on account of a business meeting and I wanna make the most out of it! .....I think I might have some spare time to squeeze in a tiny get together!!!

......Of course you brainiac...I know Zhoumi and Yonghwa arent in town but I have already sent them invites for it and they said they would make it day after tomorrow......Ya! Exactly and inform the rest of the Kyuline as well.....

....Ummm nope! I ....ugh! Plan on giving Siwon a surprise actually.....Just let me explain would ya? You've become awfully prickly after pursuing Law!...ha ha ha....

Just convince Siwon to accompany you day after tomorrow to "The Blue Tulip"......What?*gasp* They've closed ....it.....down??? Why??? I had so many memories there! *pout*........*sigh* I guess it cant be helped! .....I've got an idea....

Just tell me if Siwon still lives in his old apartment!....He does? ....Excellent....By what time will he return home from the hospital?.....Um..I think I might be able to work something up by the time he returns....Dont worry! I have spare keys to his apartment house......

Just be patient would ya! You will find out soon! And dont forget to turn up yourself! See ya then! Bye!

 

*sigh* Wonnie....I am gonna give you the biggest surprise of your life....Just you wait!

 

And then he slept peacefully thinking about Siwon's reaction when he meets him after a long time.

 

Day after tomorrow....

 

Kyuhyun had snuck inside Siwon's house at 8:30 p.m and was stunned to realise that it was still the same as the last time he had seen it. For the next three hours he had been busy cooking up local Korean dishes and redecorating the interior for the so called "Home Coming" party.

 

The clock struck 11:30p.m and it was the right time for Siwon to be coming back home. Oh! I cant wait to see the look on his face....

 

Suddenly he heard someone knock the front door. Wonnie??? But wait a sec....Why would he knock anyway???

 

Kyuhyun looked through the peer hole on the door and saw that it had been Zhoumi and Yonghwa. *sigh* Its these jokers! Just look at Mimi's smile! He hasnt changed one bit!

 

As soon as he opened the door, the two friends sprang at him like wild beasts and engulfed him in a bone crushing hug that nearly knocked the wind out of his lungs. Struggling to hold himself in one piece, he thrashed about in air trying to free himself from the two overgrown adults who are now behaving like a pair of squealing high school girls.

 

"G..Guys..ccaant.....bbr..breathe! Let....ggooo!" he struggled and finally was let down on the floor.

 

"You dont have any idea how worried we were about you...No calls, no texts, no emails...Its as if you had vanished completely off the face of the earth Kyu! And *sniff* *sniff* have you been cooking? Smells delicious!" Zhoumi trailed off into the kitchen followed by Yonghwa who said "We missed you a lot President but we missed your cooking even more!"

 

Listening to how Yonghwa, despite being a famous musician in Japan, still calls him President, Kyu chuckled and sighed simultaneously at how easily he got ignored once home cooked food had been noticed by them.

Still the same idiots! Just mentioned food and they've even left me alone! How cute!

 

As soon as he realised that Zhoumi and Yonghwa had already started taste testing, he snatched the spatulae away from their hands and ordered them to settle down quietly in the living room until Siwon and Changmin made their appearance.

 

"And better keep your butts firmly planted on the couch or else you guys will be seeing stars the entire night, you hear me!" he warned them both.

 

Another knock came at the door and this time it was Jonghyun and Minho. However they decided to spare poor Kyu's life by greeting him with a firm but not so strong hugs. Together all five of them helped Kyu complete everything in time before Siwon came home. A short while afterwards, Changmin joined them but still there was no sign of Siwon.

 

However it was not until half past midnight that they noticed Siwon's car pulling up inside the parking lot of the apartment. As soon as they saw him getting out of his car through the window, Kyu immediately turned off the lights and latched the front door not to give away the surprise to Siwon when he enters. All the others had hid behind couches, under kitchen counters and even under coffee tables.

 

5 minutes later, Siwon unlocked the door and entered his house that was pitch dark. However a fresh waft of air that carried the delicious aroma of freshly cooked food teased his senses as he stepped inside his house.

Did I leave something in the kitchen??? No...I was pretty sure that I had everything turned off before leaving this morning!

 

As he turned the lights on......SURPRISE! His body tumbled backwards and jerked violently as his hit the floor with a loud thud and he forgot how to breathe for a few seconds as he saw his close friends staring down at him.

 

"What? What the hell????? How? Whats goin on?" he fumbled and got up.

 

"Just wanted to surprise you.....Its been a while dude! Put'er there!" Yonghwa hi-fived and hugged him tightly.

 

"How's it going Siwon? So...Head of Cardiology huh?" Zhoumi hugged him and smiled warmly.

 

"Tch! You're still the idiot as usual! Havent changed one bit!" Changmin said and bumped his shoulders with Siwon's.

 

Jonghyun and Minho greeted him as well. However something didnt quite add up as Siwon grew suspicious as to how all of them got inside his house in the first place without his knowledge. He turned around to see if the lock has been tampered with but it seemed to be in one piece.

Then how?....

 

"Just hold on a second! How did you guys get in here? The lock isnt broken so how?" Siwon fumbled for reasons while everyone just kept staring and smirking at him. 

 

"You seriously think these guys would get in here without my help huh....Wonnie!" he heard a voice calling out from inside his bedroom. 

 

An avalanche of emotions flooded his mind as soon as he heard the voice. Anxiety, happiness, longing, tears and bewilderment clouded his rationality. He dropped his bag down heavily and clenched his fists. He shut his eyes tightly and refused to believe or turn around to see if it was really whom he thought it was. Not responding to his lover's calls, he refused to budge and that sent a slight wave of panic among his friends. Changmin tentatively glanced at Kyuhyun standing behind Siwon and signalled him by shaking his head while Kyuhyun gently waved his hands at him as if telling him that he would handle it.

 

Kyuhyun took long strides and stood in front of the now petrified Siwon who had his eyes sealed and fists clenched up tightly and gritting his teeth. From the corner of his eyes, tears started appearing and he didnt seem to be letting up anytime soon as if trying to block out all sounds.

Ugh! This is ridiculous! I come all the way from the other side of the globe just for you and this is what I get!

 

"Won! Stop acting childish and open your eyes. Its me in flesh! Its me, Kyuhyun!Ugh! ! You seriously gonna stand there like a block of wood all night? After all the...."Kyuhyun placed his hands on Siwon's shoulder and began shaking him gently trying to snap him out of his current stupor and suddenly Siwon's eyes flew open and were now making contact with Kyuhyun's brown ones.

 

Blame it on the lack of video chatting for almost a year as Siwon wasnt quite updated about the physical changes that his lover had undergone. He didnt fail to notice how Kyuhyun had become even more beautiful and gorgeous. His features that were once soft 7 years ago had become even more well defined and breathtaking indicating the miracles of his apparent coming of age. He also noticed that the soft, slightly long and messy locks were now cropped short and were devoid of his trademark bangs to reveal the milky pale and smooth expanse of his forehead that illuminated his face and gave it a distinct glow. His expressive and sparkling pair of doe eyes enchanted him on the spot and sent his heart on a frenzied roller coaster ride. His shoulders were now broad and an almost conspicuous volume of muscle has started propping up on his arms and shoulders. But his lips were the same old same old with a slight tinge of pink and moisture that made them look full and delectable. In short, Siwon had run out of words to describe exactly how enchanting and spellbinding Kyuhyun had gotten. And the fact that he had been clad in a midnight blue V-neck cotton tee paired with beige slacks that accentuated his milky complexion just sent Siwon's head into a spell of delirium.

 

What is this exquisiteness? Is he for real? But the last time I was on a video chat, he didnt seem this stunning......Damn! Snap out of it Siwon! Snap out of it for crying out loud!

 

A pair of arms rested on Siwon's shoulders and draped around his neck. Kyuhyun leaned forward till he could feel the raspy breathing of Siwon that earned gasps and sly chuckles from their companions. The young Cardiologist couldnt say or do anything except stare at Kyuhyun with wide dopey eyes and completely raised eyebrows.

 

"Come on....Wonnie! I am not that gawk-worthy for you to ignore the dinner that I have prepared just for you! Get a hold of yourself and join us before it gets cold!" Kyuhyun drawled huskily straight at his face as his cinnamony fresh breath tickled his nostrils. And that made Siwon finally come back to senses. But as soon as he had realised that his lover of 7 years had indeed returned and is standing in his living room at this very moment, Kyuhyun moved away from him and into the kitchen to get things ready for dinner.

 

"Come on big guy...Hurry and wash yourself up.....Lets get some food into your system" Yonghwa suggested and Siwon did exactly that. After washing up, Siwon wanted to be beside Kyu so badly but the company of others prevented him from stealing longing and intimate glances and gazes at him during dinner. Everyone was in awe of Kyuhyun's cooking skills and complimented him and thanked him from the bottom of their hearts for such a wonderful dinner. However when Kyuhyun managed to ask Siwon if he liked the food or not, he simply gave a gentle nod and smiled. That tipped Kyuhyun's thoughts a bit and he wondered why Siwon had been acting like he had been constipating for a month. He did manage to act normal with the rest of his friends as they played songs, engaged in narrating their life stories and as Yonghwa and Changmin put up a tiny little concert at his cozy living room. Together they had a great time and rekindled all their glorious moments back during High school days.

 

Finally when the fun and games ended, everyone except Kyuhyun and Siwon left after saying their goodbyes. After sending them off, Siwon had his eyes plastered on Kyuhyun who held the same expression as he stood by the corridor. I am gonna get to the bottom of this, if its the last thing I do!

 

Folding his arms over his chest, Kyuhyun asked "Might you have the pleasure of explaining why you were being indifferent to me or rather queasy around me?" and neared Siwon.

 

But instead of an explanation, Kyuhyun was forcefully pulled by his arm and his body crashed onto Siwon's with a loud "Ooff!" Both their bodies were now flush with each other as their gazes locked and Kyuhyun noticed a sense of longing in his lover's eyes. Gently Siwon wrapped his arms around Kyuhyun's waist while Kyuhyun rested his head on his chest and kept listening to his heartbeat.

 

"You cant expect me to behave rationally after not having talked to you for over a year in front of our friends. I was afraid I might ruin this get together if I ever came near you and lost my control." Siwon said with a barely audible chuckle.

 

Responding with a snicker Kyuhyun added "So you were waiting till everyone left? You're a sly creature, you know!" and he lifted his head as his doe eyes locked with Siwon's obsidian ones once again.

 

"Welcome home sweetheart!" Siwon gently whispered over Kyuhyun's ears and that clearly sent cold shivers down Kyuhyun's spine.

 

"Its good to be home..." and then all was forgotten as both their lips locked in a feverish kiss that was a result of the long gap of 7 years without being in each other's embrace.

 

With them being engaged in the most lustful kiss and their bodies burning with the desire to be entangled with each other, they trudged towards the bedroom with much difficulty. Lips were sealed tightly, bodies crashed violently as their lower regions gyrated shamelessly against each other and both their arms engaged in a tug of war with each other's clothes. Kyuhyun straddled Siwon's hips as Siwon lifted him momentarily before plopping his lover's slim body onto the soft mattress of his bed and resting himself comfortably on top of Kyuhyun's lithe figure. Both their lungs were screaming for air and reluctantly they parted their lips as air forcefully rushed into their system.

 

"Ha ha.......Won...I...ha...missed you...so much" Kyuhyun confessed candidly. "I missed you more...." then Siwon and flicked Kyuhyun's soft earlobes, trailed his tongue along his jawline, nipped the sensitive and soft flesh there, latched his mouth on his cotton candy cheeks and gave open mouthed and sloppy kisses, and on his juicy lips and revelled inside his hot cavern, kissed his chin once and then trailed his tongue downwards and on his Adam's apple as it bobbed up and down. His long slender neck followed shortly that was immediately marked here and their with red hickeys. Siwon lifted his head up from his brutal abuse of his lover's neck and mentally congratulated himself for this work of art. The red patches adorned Kyuhyun's neck while his gorgeous face now possessed a brilliant hue of pink indicating that he was aroused through and through.

 

In a short while, Kyuhyun came back to his senses, flipped Siwon abruptly and landed on top of him. Slowly he started stripping Siwon from underneath him and when his upper body was stark , started caressing the young doctor's face and every inch of exposed skin with his lips and gentle touches. Siwon drew Kyuhyun's warm body closer to him by encircling his arms around his slender waist. As Kyuhyun let go of Siwon's neck to catch some breath, Siwon brought his free arm to hold his face and revel in his gaze.

 

Flipping Kyuhyun once again on the bed, Siwon freed Kyuhyun from the confines of his V-neck tee and placed kisses all over his chest shoulders and flat tummy. Kyuhyun's wanton moans resonated within the room and were like music to Siwon's ears, a wonderful tune that Siwon had been missing out on for 7 long years. As he approached further lower, he unbuckled his pants and boxers and rid himself of them as well.

 

Both looked at each other's lust glazed eyes as Kyuhyun bit his lips and said "What are you waiting for? Make love to me ....now!"

 

That gave the signal and assured Siwon that the feeling was mutual after all. All night they made love repeatedly and lost count on how many times both would have ed. However sleep still managed to evade both their systems even though both felt thoroughly spent. Siwon and Kyuhyun derived warmth as they snuggled close in each other's embrace peppering kisses every now and then as they lay on the bed.

 

Gently Siwon's chest, Kyuhyun said "Won...I would be staying here only till the weekend." Siwon's eyes popped wide and looked at him surprisingly. "What? I thought you had come back for good this time!" he said.

 

"Sorry. I thought of settling down here but there is still so much work left to complete in London, There is Jino's higher education at stake, have to recruit music teachers to my academy." Kyuhyun continued.

 

"So in short, I wont get to be with you for another decade. Is that what you're saying?" Siwon sighed defeatedly.

 

"Dramaqueen! Just let me finish before jumping to conclusions" and Siwon listened patiently. "This time it wouldnt take much long. Jino would be finishing his University in two years and promised to take over the control of the academy in London. Mom would be helping him in this. While I have plans to settle down here and start my chain of music academies in Korea. It would be a great start to my business venture, wouldnt it?"

 

"You promise to come back again?" Siwon asked in return. "Yes you big baby! Where would I go without you? Home is where the heart is and my heart is with you Mr.Cardiologist. So you promise to give me two more years and behave in my absence."

 

"I promise" Siwon agreed and snuggled closer to Kyuhyun. Because it doesnt matter how long it takes. What matters is their devotion to each other and how they make the present worthwhile and memorable. Kyuhyun and Siwon might have gotten off on a wrong note but have gone through so many ups and downs in their lives as they provided each other with their much needed salvation. And that was undying love. A love so strong and timeless that it transcends space and will live for eternity.


 

So this is it......Addiction, Affliction, Affection draws to a close and its me Wonkyufever signing off till the next update. Meet you all wonderful readers in my next venture "Mandate for life". Stay tuned for it and keep supporting me like how you have loved and given such wonderful comments about my stories so far. Regretfully though I am thinking of taking a two month hiatus before returning with the next one. So I hope you guys wont forget about me and would have a watchful eye for any updates from me after 2 months. Sayonara....Annyeong....*mwah*