Chapter 19

Addiction, Affliction, Affection

Siwon's P.O.V

After a tiring day at school, Changmin and I decided to go to the rehab to visit Kyu. Changmin said that he would take his car and I obliged. The facts that we had collected today regarding the alleged connections that Mr.Cho still has with the director of the Kim Corps were appalling. I wonder how a person of his stature and wealth could not pay his tax dues over the past few months and still get away with everything without getting noticed by the police! And could Changmin's convictions possibly be true? Had Kyu's dad actually married Kim Yeon Hee secretly? With so many questions doing the rounds in my head, I felt a surge of fear course through me upon thinking of Kyu's well being. Was Kyu really safe under his father's custody? I would never be able to forgive Mr.Cho if he got his son hurt under any circumstance!

 

After a few minutes of drive, we finally reached the rehab. I was getting impatient inside the car and started fidgeting out of excitement to see Kyu while Changmin parked his car in the parking lot. As soon as he switched the engine off, I released the seat belt so that it reeled out with a loud snap and dashed inside while Changmin yelled from the back "Hey! Watch it!!"

 

Well you cant blame me for being itchy all day....When it comes to Kyu, my body seems to act up on its own....

 

I asked at the reception if I could visit Kyuhyun and the receptionist told me to wait in the waiting room for him. I sat down on one of the chairs beside Changmin and waited for Kyuhyun to join us. Impatience was really getting the better of me as I continuously tapped my foot on the ground. Changmin sighed heavily and said "At this rate, you're gonna completely pulverise the floor tiles. Calm down Siwon!"

 

Noticing it for myself, I stopped tapping my foot and shot him a sheepish smile.

 

"Ahem! You guys seem comfy with each other" ....As soon as I heard his voice my head shot up in his direction. There he was! My angel was standing at the entrance of the waiting room clearly tired from his gruelling rehab session. Standing up in a flash I literally swooped him up in my embrace as his body crashed onto mine with a foreceful "Oofff!"

 

Here I was standing in the middle of the waiting room giving him the strongest bear hug while the other people shot us glares. Trying his utmost to release himself from my iron hold, Kyuhyun finally managed to say "Si..Siwon....ccaant breathe!" Realising his discomfort, I gently lowered him back down and released him from my hug.

 

"He is useless, I am telling you Kyu" Changmin said and gave him a gentle hug. "How are you doing? You seemed to have lost so many pounds already!" he added.

 

"Nah! I am just tired. And so happy that you two found time to visit me!" he said while flashing a gentle smile.

 

"Well, you can thank your boyfriend for that. All the while being fidgety, he nearly broke the seat belt holder!" Changmin said to him while I glared at him.

 

Kyuhyun, Changmin and I sat down together and started discussing about our findings.

 

"It seems like your father has been evading taxes for quite a while now! Does that mean that he is going bankrupt or something?" Changmin asked.

 

"I seriously dont understand what's been going on with him lately! He never stays home for more than a day and then just goes off on another overseas trip." Kyuhyun said.

 

"And we found this as well!" I showed him my phone that I used to download the picture of his dad standing with Kim Yeon Hee.

 

Seeing the picture, Kyuhyun's round doe eyes went wider and he clutched his mouth in shock. Slowly turning his head towards me he asked "What the...Where did you get this from?"

 

"I hacked into his email account earlier at school and found lots of private photos of him being with Kim Yeon Hee. You see this kid here, he is three years younger to you and the only son of Kim Yeon Hee. He is studying his first year at our sister high school founded by your father himself" I said to him.

 

"Siwon you...you guys shouldnt have gone to the extent of hacking! What if ...what if he..." Kyu trailed off and sighed defeatedly.

 

"Kyu its not just you involved anymore! We are in this together. And we will sort things out together. Alright?" Changmin said and smiled reassuringly at Kyuhyun.

 

"And the rumours about Kim Yeon Hee being a widow were true. She was previously married to a renowned businessman from China who actually founded the company in Taiwan but succumbed to cancer when she was pregnant with her son. We actually found all these information in a chat session that your dad had with her ages ago. Siwon and I were quite surprised ourselves to have found it after so many years." Changmin said.

 

"It would appear as though she was going through emotional turmoils following her husband's unfortunate demise and that her company came so close to becoming bankrupt years ago. She literally thanked your dad for providing her with monetary and emotional support to keep her going. And all those tales that your father had cooked up about him being in touch with her only a few years ago were all bull. He has been dilly dallying with her for the past 10 years and god knows maybe even before that!" I said.

 

"But how did my dad and Kim Yeon Hee become so close? When did they meet each other for the first time? Are these two married to each other? Damn! I promised my mom that I would bring her justice and expose him and I hate being so helpless" Kyuhyun said out of frustration.

 

"Kyu please dont be so hard on yourself. We were lucky enough to have found so many things about your father so quickly. Please have patience for sometime and concentrate on getting better for now" I said and held his shoulders tightly.

 

"And whats worse is that your dad hasnt gone to Taiwan. He is still here and I have a hunch that he is probably staying over at Kim Yeon Hee's place to lay low for a while. You better be careful just in case that he doesnt get to know about your rehab sessions and all" Changmin said.

 

"Dont worry! This centre has a strict confidentiality policy. They wont leak out information unless asked for without the individual's consent as matters like drugs are quite delicate!" Kyuhyun said.

 

"Alright! Now tell me, how do you feel?" I asked him.

 

"Um! I feel great as the long term effects of the drugs have started to wear off already. Just a few more days and I'll be as good as new I hope!" Kyuhyun said with a faint smile while looking at me. Suddenly the buzzer went off indicating that the visiting hours were over. Not having the mind to let go of him, I gave him another tight hug and whispered into his ear "How about a kiss as a reward for my hardwork?"

 

He released himself forcefully from my hug while shooting an incredulous stare while I smirked. He said "If you even think about pulling a stunt like that out in the public, I swear Choi Siwon that I will not come running to save your sorry from Changmin's wrath!"

 

Hearing him say that out loud, all three of us laughed together heartily. "You take care Kyu! See 'ya soon!" Changmin said and both he and I drove out of the rehab after waving him a goodbye.

 

Days went by quite quickly as the council members were engaged in putting up fliers for the events for the fund raiser. Stages were put up for the concert, banners were designed and tents were erected. The preparations picked up at a rapid pace but Changmin and I werent able to find anything more interesting or worthwhile as far as Mr.Cho or Kim Yeon Hee are concerned. What could they be planning now I wondered.

 

There was only a day left for Kyuhyun to be officially released from rehab. And at school as I was playing basketball along with the other team members, I heard my phone ring. Going over to the bleachers, I picked up a towel to wipe the sweat and noticed that the call was from Kyuhyun. Tossing the sweaty towel into my bag I answered his call.

 

"Sweetheart how are you?"I asked him. However there was an exasperated sigh on his end. And so I urged for him to talk again.

 

"Siwon, I just received a call from the IT dept. They said that they have decided to issue an official notice saying that my house was to be mortgaged as my dad hasnt given them any correspondence till date about his overdue taxes. They also said that they werent able to get a call through to him! I have a gut feeling that he is planning to make a last ditch attempt." he said.

 

"Oh my god! Dont worry Kyu. I will inform this to Changmin right away and we both will keep you posted about the same. Bye for now" I said and hung up.

 

How could this man be so damn oblivious? Or is he deliberately trying to ditch his only left blood on the streets even before he cements his future? I have to do something about this and texted Changmin to meet me at the music room before going back home.

 

As promised, Changmin came to the music room as I had been waiting for him. I told him about everything that Kyuhyun had told me regarding the mortgage of his house.

 

"But Siwon there is no time for us to do anything now! Tomorrow the fund raiser is about to kickstart and Kyu's dad and Kim Yeon Hee have been decided as the chief guests to precide over it. Perhaps we can approach a lawyer with the necessary evidences to slap charges against Kyu's dad for treason" he said.

 

"But Changmin thats not possible. We dont have "concrete evidences" yet. We are just having pieces of a big jigsaw puzzle and arent able to put them together. And we cant approach the court with loosely based evidences. We have to wait till the fund raiser kick starts tomorrow. And we gotta wait till Kyuhyun comes back as I know that he will be against us taking action immediately without his knowledge" I said to him.

 

Sighing heavily Changmin said "Alright! We will wait as you said. I really hope that we would be able to find a possible lead tomorrow as Kyuhyun's dad is arriving with Kim Yeon Hee!"

 

"I sure hope so. And I think its best if Kyu moves in with me until the mortgage gets lifted" I said.

 

"You are crazy if you think that that disastrous plan of yours will work!" Changmin said.

 

"What? And why do you think that?" I asked him.

 

"There are two reasons why I think that Kyuhyun would be better off living with me. Number 1: According to his father and the house keepers, Kyuhyun is staying with me for a month. And therefore, knowingly giving them any unnecessary reason to suspect about his whereabouts now would be stupid. And number 2: I very well know that you wouldnt be able to keep your filthy hands off Kyuhyun once he returns from rehab! So hands down, my plan is fool-proof!" Changmin said and as much as I hated to admit it, he was right!

 

"Alright fine! You win. Now I am off! See 'ya tomorrow" I said and headed for my house.

 

All night I was thinking of Kyuhyun and couldnt catch any sleep. He was about to return from rehab tomorrow after all.

 

Changmin's P.O.V

I picked Kyuhyun up from rehab and drove him straight to my house the next day. I could clearly see it in his face that the rehab sessions for a month were worth it. He was sporting a mild stubble now and his hair had grown a little longer too. To be honest, this was the first time that I was seeing an unkempt Kyuhyun. His eyes were sparkling and he as a whole seemed to look a lot fuller. In short, he was better than ever.

 

He took a bath, shaved, had breakfast and got ready for school. On the way to school in my car, I noticed his phone ringing. He noticed the caller ID and looked at me with a shocked expression. It was his dad and I urged him to answer the call and put it on speaker.

 

"Hello Kyuhyun! Where are you now?" he asked Kyuhyun.

 

"I am going to school as always! What do you want?" he asked his dad.

 

"Did you stay at Changmin's place for the entire month?" he asked with a hint of suspicion. That sent alarm signals blaring in my mind. Kyuhyun quickly regained his composure and answered "Of course! Where else would I stay now that the house has been mortgaged? You cant expect me to live on the street now, can you?"

 

"It wouldnt hurt for you to be polite for once to your dad Kyuhyun especially when I am going through a rough patch in my life" he confessed in a rather defeated tone. This is quite suspicious! He was going through a rough patch?

 

"Well you were the one who was irresponsible enough not to pay your overdue taxes! What can you say about that huh?" Kyuhyun asked him back, anger boiling over. From beside him, I gestured him to stay calm and listen to what his dad had to say.

 

"Fine it was my fault but I will think of something to bring the house out of mortgage somehow. And I am visiting your school with a dear friend of mine this afternoon for the fund raiser." he said and Kyuhyun shot an incredulous stare in my direction. Shoot! I forgot to tell him that his dad and Kim Yeon Hee were the chief guests.

 

"I am hanging up!" he said and hung up. Tossing the phone inside his pocket, he hit my arm and said "You bastard! How could you have forgotten to tell me that he was coming this afternoon Chwang?"

 

"I am sorry. I was just so happy about your return that I forgot about it!" I said and drove him to school.

 

Siwon's P.O.V

I was eagerly waiting for Changmin to arrive with my beloved at the school gates with Yonghwa and Zhoumi in tow. At a distance, I spotted Changmin's car making its way to school. As soon as the car stopped at the entrance, the door opened revealing a visibly glowing Kyuhyun whose hair was now a lot fluffier and longer. He came near me with a smile and stood before me.

 

I couldnt have asked for a better sight to behold than this. He had his long hair carelessly messed up that amplified his charm, his faintly pink lips were a lot fuller and seemed to have been filled with colour, his pale, sickly complexion had a natural hue of healthy pink, his eyes were sparkling like diamonds and he seemed to have gained just enough weight to say that he is healthy now.

 

Feeling proud of him for having achieved what seemed impossible a month ago, I hugged him and buried my face at the crook of his neck inhaling the faint vanilla scent that I had missed for a month. He returned the hug and I said "Welcome back! Sweetheart I cant tell how happy I am right now"

 

"I am happy too Won. Its good to be back and if it werent for you it wouldnt have been possible!" he confessed. From beside me, I heard Yonghwa and Zhoumi coughing slightly and that broke me out of my trance.

 

"Welcome back President!"Yonghwa said. "Its good to see you healthy and lively again. And I feel sorry about your house though!" Zhoumi added.

 

"Its not a big deal Zhoumi. Dont worry about it!" Kyu said and all of us headed inside the campus. The members of his official fanclub had been waiting with scores of bouquets, cards and chocolate boxes in their hands and greeted him with well wishes as he approached the High school wing. And he sincerely thanked them all from the bottom of his heart for having greeted him with such heartwarming words and gifts. Changmin and Yonghwa started rehearsing their song for their concert while Zhoumi was busy checking if all things were ready and accounted for. Kyuhyun had been sitting on a bench supervising their activities and I took it as the perfect opportunity to have some alone time with him.

 

I came near him and said "Come on lets go!"

 

"What? Where?"he asked me back.

 

"Just somewhere private! You owe me a month's worth of attention and you have nothing to do now, so, shall we?" I asked and held his hand tightly within mine and pulled him up. Sighing exhaustedly, he obliged and I took him to the music room as it was the only place free from ruckus.

 

As soon as we reached the music room, Kyu ran towards the piano and sat down in front of it. I sat down beside him while he started playing a mellifluous tune. As his fingers skillfully created magic, he started humming an unfamiliar tune. My mind and body both fell numb and only his voice and the sound of the piano existed for me at this moment. My breath hitched, cold sweat broke out, my eyes closed and my lips pursed on their own accord and all the hairs on my body were standing on their ends.

 

After a few minutes, he stopped playing the piano and faced me. As always, the sunlight played with his hair and skin bringing out the gorgeousness in full view. Slowly I leaned in and captured his lips in a kiss. I had one of my hands enmeshed in his soft and fluffy hair while the other one embraced his waist and pulled him closer to my body. His hands roamed over my chest, my neck and finally fisted my hair while getting lost in the pleasure. I deepened the kiss by probing my tongue into his hot cavernous mouth and that earned me a moan."Hmmm...mmf...Siwon..mf"

Oh! Babykyu you have no idea how much you're .....

 

Leaving his lips, I latched my mouth onto his neck and devoured the pale expanse like no tomorrow. "Siwon...stop! You're gonna leave marks!" he said and I chuckled.

 

Right! I cant afford to have people notice hickeys all over his neck today...

 

Refusing to let go, I roamed my lips over his forehead, his doe eyes, his pointy nose, his lips once again, his cheeks, his jawline, his soft earlobes and finally his neck. Burying my face into the crook of his neck, I whispered "You have no idea how much I have missed having you in my arms like this, kissing you, petting you and ravishing you non-stop"

 

Suddenly someone knocked the door. Opening the door, we found that it was Changmin calling us both for the opening ceremony of the fund raiser.

 

Kyuhyun and I proceeded towards the auditorium as he had to deliver the student address. After delivering his address, the entire auditorium stood up to welcome the chief guests. There was Kyuhyun's dad who made his way onto the stage followed by Kim Yeon Hee. Both of them addressed the gathering and after a few more minutes, the fund raiser kicked off. Changmin and Yonghwa swooped the fangirls with their scintillating and rocking performance. Changmin as the vocalist was definitely a crowd puller while Yonghwa created magic with his guitar! There were many events going on in different parts of the campus and students from many other schools had come here as well.

 

I had to accompany Yonghwa for supervising the events while Changmin, Kyuhyun and Zhoumi took care of the crowd to prevent any untoward incident. There was a constant influx of participants in almost all the events and the funds were taken care of Yonghwa with utmost concern. As I approached Kyuhyun later to talk, I found him talking to his father while Kim Yeon Hee stood beside him with a boy who listened to their conversation. Hiding behind a bush, I curiously listened to the conversation as well.

 

"Kyuhyun I would like you to meet Kim Yeon Hee, the director of Kim Corps."his father introduced her to Kyu. She pulled her right hand out for a shake but Kyuhyun refused to accept. Somehow sensing the tension in the air, she reluctantly retracted her shake and said "You have a very feisty young man for a son Young hwan. He reminds me of you in so many ways!"

 

"Listen up and listen good. Me and my dad have nothing in common so just drop the comparison already and tell me why you both are here" Kyuhyun spat out at them.

 

"Kyuhyun, where are your manners? How dare you speak to her without respect!" his father said.

 

"I dont have to waste my manners for the likes of you! And as far as respect is concerned, you need to earn it not claim it! You cant expect me to give respect to the woman who took away my happiness!" Kyuhyun exclaimed.

 

"Why you..." his dad seethed but she interrupted him and said "Thats alright Young hwan. I had expected this. He will come around once he starts living with us"

 

"What? Living in a hell hole with you! In your dreams" Kyuhyun said.

 

"Oh! But my dream has come true Kyuhyun. You see I bought your house from your father which was previously in your mother's name and helped him pay all his overdue taxes. So officially your house isnt mortgaged anymore and now its under my care. So I would advice you to give heed to my every word from now on and call me as "step mother"" she came near and said to me in a whisper. My anger knew no bounds at this moment after finally realising the fact that my father has betrayed my mom and his sons and had married this witch secretly.

 

"You! How could you? How dare you! I didnt know the day would come soon when I actually felt ashamed for calling you my father. You bastard!" he yelled at the top of his lungs and lunged forward to beat the pulp out of his dad. I had to do something to stop Kyuhyun from doing anything rash. So in all this commotion, I came out from the confines of the bush and reeled Kyuhyun away from his father.

 

"Kyu calm down! St...stop it!" I demanded while having a hard time controlling him. "Leave me Siwon! Let me go" he exclaimed. A few seconds later he calmed down and straightened his uniform.

 

"Who are you boy? I havent seen you anywhere around the campus before!" Kyu's dad asked me.

 

"Um! My name is Choi Siwon sir. I am the son of Choi Kiho, one of the primary funders for your school!" I said while holding onto Kyu's hands.

 

"Hmm! Kiho did mention that his son had joined my school this year. Are you one of Kyuhyun's classmates?" he asked me.

 

"Ugh! Yes I am sir" I said to him. "It wouldnt hurt for my son to be half as polite as you are to me!" he said sarcastically.

 

"I would reduce to live on the streets rather than live with you" Kyuhyun spat at them. Turning towards their father's direction and apologising on behalf of Kyuhyun for his reckless behaviour I excused myself from there dragging Kyuhyun along with me. After getting as far away from them as possible, I stopped on my tracks while holding onto Kyuhyun's arm.

 

"What the hell do you think you are doing? Let me go Siwon" he struggled under my hold. "Kyu! Are you out of your mind? Get a hold of yourself!"

 

"He took away everything from me Siwon! That house was the only thing I had which kept me bound to the memories of mom and Jino and now its all gone! Its hers now. And you expect me to get a hold of myself. I. CANT...DO.......I.." he said and swayed a bit. And before I knew it, he slumped in my arms.

 

"Kyu? Sweetheart?? KYUHYUN????" I shouted and panicked and tapped his cheeks slightly to wake him up. I immediately carried him to where Changmin and the other council members were nearby and rode to the nearest hospital. The doctors examined him and told us not to worry as it was just a minor emotional turbulence. And I realised that if they are calling this a minor emotional turbulence then what would become of Kyuhyun in future as things were just starting to heat up!

 

"Its because of the anti-addiction medication. It would appear as though Mr.Cho had been under heavy stress which he shouldnt be. The medicine had sensed his hyper-active state of mind and decided to shut his body down for a while till he calmed down. Its perfectly normal for people fresh out of rehab. He will come around soon and can be discharged as soon as he wakes up" the doctor said.

 

"Thank you so much doctor." Changmin and I thanked him and sat beside a sleeping Kyuhyun. Sighing out of frustration, I said "He just had to lose it in front of his dad! He is so stupid!"

 

"Well! What could he have done after coming to know of the one thing which he held so dear to himself being snatched away? I know I would have done the same thing if I were him!" Changmin replied.

 

"Well! FYI you are not him. He knows very well that if he..." as I ranted on, I heard a faint shuffling of sheets and noticed Kyuhyun waking up.

 

"Kyuhyun? Are you alright? Say something!" I egged him on.

 

Squinting his eyes a bit to adjust to the light in the room, he opened his eyes widely and sat up straight on the bed. "Guys I have decided to stay with my step mother in that house from now on!" he declared out of the blue.

 

"But Kyu! You possibly cant live there anymore. What if something like this happened to you again?" I asked him.

 

"I will be just fine Won! The witch thinks that she can snatch away everything from my life! And thats where she is wrong 'coz this time I am gonna defeat her in her own game. She wont even know what hit her!" he said with determination.

 

"Are you sure Kyuhyun?" Changmin asked him.

 

"I was never so sure in my entire life Chwang! I know I can do it!" Kyuhyun said.