Chapter 2

Addiction, Affliction, Affection

Siwon's P.O.V

I grabbed his neck and forced a kiss on his pink and plumpy lips. And it felt like heaven. His lips were soft and supple and were meant to be kissed in my opinion. He was struggling in my hold to break free but my hold on him was unrelenting as I simply didnt want to let him go. He wasnt responding to my kiss and that had me disappointed. With his slender fingers, he fisted a handful of my shirt at the front and kicked hard on my shin. I gasped in pain and released him. Then I looked at Kyuhyun whose lips were red from that bruising kiss slightly parted and giving out steady stream of air as a result of panting. His hair was messy and the look in his eyes suggested that he was pissed off beyond limits. Then I noticed those two bullies eyeing me with disgust for the sudden shocking scene that unfolded before them. And then there was Yonghwa who was standing far behind me refusing to believe what I had done to the President. Atleast I could be happy for there was no one there except five of us.

"Yonghwa! Take this away before I do some serious damage" Kyuhyun ordered with a menacing tone.

"Uh! Ya. Ok."Yonghwa replied curtly and tried to reel me away from there.

"And you two! Want a piece of me? I will send you both to the ICU for the bunch of lowlives that you are! You guys dont scare me the least and I couldnt care less about scumbags who cant survive without cheating." Kyuhyun said and was about to move away when one of them grabbed his shoulder and was about to strike him hard. Kyuhyun was quick to react and punched squarely on both their faces that sent them both holding their faces and gasping in pain.

"Why you little...."they were about to get back at him when two tall guys stepped up behind Kyuhyun and defended him. After seeing these two guys the bullies scrambled away from there.

"Kyu! You ok?"One of them asked.

While the other asked "How dare they mess with the President?"

"Just leave me alone guys." Kyuhyun stated and walked away.

"Come on just get out of here will you! You just couldnt control your raging hormones and that too with the President. What were you thinking? He will expel you out and before you know it you will be packing your bags back home!"Yonghwa hollered at me and I flinched at his harsh tone.

"Yonghwa? What are you doing here? Dont you have a class to go to? And who is this guy?" one of the tall ones asked him.

"Actually I was on my way to class. And this is Choi Siwon. The new transfer student and he is gonna be one of our classmates" Yonghwa said to them.

I extended my arms for a handshake and properly introduced myself to both of them.

"Pleased to meet you Siwon. My name is Shim Changmin. The General Secretary of the Student Council. If you have any difficulty moving about the campus you can approach me."

Changmin seemed to be quite authoritative with his tall figure and exuded charisma. The other guy stepped up and introduced himself to me.

"My name is Zhoumi. I am Chinese by origin and I am the Cultural Secretary of the council. Nice to meet you Siwon." he said.

With those introductions done and over with the bell rung and all of us ran to our class before it became late. The homeroom teacher introduced me properly to the rest of the class and I was offered to sit beside Yonghwa thankfully. As I approached my seat I could hear my classmates whispering to each other about the kiss incident. I guess rumours do spread like wildfire. And after a few minutes I could decipher from the look on Changmin's face that he began hating my guts already. Huh! Way to go with the first impression Choi Siwon! Way to go!

"How long do you think I'll live here?" I asked Yonghwa.

"Not long! That much I can assure you" he said jokingly and said "Look! I was just kidding. Just ignore Changmin. He always goes all defensive and protective around Kyu. Some say that Changmin even had a crush on Kyu and that he got rejected by him when he proposed to him in Junior high. But he refused to leave Kyu's side and became his best friend instead. Though I still think that even now he has a serious crush on him. You can see it in his eyes. The way he admires Kyu, the way he speaks to him. Underneath all that thick skin he is a sweet guy, I assure you"

"The look on that Chinese guy's face isnt pretty either."I said.

"Nothing for you to be paranoid about. He is just shocked that such a thing could even happen to Kyu. Zhoumi wouldnt hurt a fly! He is not called "Gentle Mimi" around here for nothing you know!"Yonghwa added.

"I cant help to notice the fact that you guys call Kyuhyun "Kyu". Do you guys always call him that?" I asked him curiously.

"Ya it gets tiring at times to pronounce his whole name. So we kinda shortened it to "Kyu". It kinda suits him more I think" Yonghwa said.

"While those guys seem to be quite close to Kyuhyun you dont seem to share the same wavelength."I asked.

"You sure observe things quite fast. I was a transfer student just like you and I came to this school last year so I havent been quite close to Kyu as those guys have. Changmin and Zhoumi are childhood buddies to Kyuhyun and there is this group of people who call themselves "The Kyuline". Supposedly a group comprising of the closest friends to Kyuhyun and Changmin is one of them. Together they go to parties and socialize with each other and catch up on each other. So basically they do fun stuff." Yonghwa stated.

"But Kyuhyun doesnt seem to be...."I drawled and Yonghwa stated in between "I know. Not the social type but he actually is. Atleast to his close friends. Sometimes I dont get that guy at all. Puts up a brave front at the school and seems like he is untouchable and all. But I dont like to prod over such issues as it doesnt concern me. And it shouldnt concern you either if you know whats good for you. In fact you should just quit thinking about Kyuhyun and avoid messing with him in future."

"You know for a guy who tells he doesnt know anything about Kyuhyun's personal life, you do know a lot!" I .

"Well! Its not like I can turn a deaf ear to what those guys speak about in the council room after school everyday now, Can I? Now shut your mouth before you get detention!" Yonghwa said and I shut up immediately.

I turned around but I couldnt see Kyuhyun anywhere inside the class. I wonder where he was. I just hope that I hadnt upset him too much. Ill apologise to him immediately after school. Ya! Thats what I will do.

Classes the whole day seemed to draw on and on. The only means of entertainment to me was Yonghwa's constant chatter. Man! That guy speaks a lot! But he is good at heart and somewhat trustworthy though I am more worried about him blurting out certain personal things about the council members to me. Then the much awaited final bell rang and everyone blasted out of the class like kindergarteners.

"Well! I guess this is where we part Siwon. I am going to the council room with the other members. Its been an eventful day with you if you know what I mean!" Yonghwa teased me.

"Oh come on! I feel bad for having done that. I am gonna go apologise to him right now as we speak. BTW! I havent seen Kyuhyun in class all day. Do you know where he is?" I asked him.

"Beats me! Its not like him to skip classes. I wonder whats wrong?"Yonghwa said puzzled.

From behind Changmin called out for Yonghwa and said "There will be no council meeting today. Kyuhyun informed me to tell everyone to head home." And before going away, he shot me a death glare and went away with Zhoumi trailing behind.

"This is not done! Kyuhyun knows better to cancel the meeting on such a short notice. Seems like a lot is going on in his mind right now. Perhaps thats why he didnt come to class either. Hey! Changmin wait up! I gotta go Siwon. See 'ya tomorrow"Yonghwa said to me and ran away towards Changmin and Zhoumi.

Rats! That does it! I hope he is ok. To think that I had wanted to apologise to him for my behaviour. Well there is no use staying here. Might as well go home and reflect upon my mindlessness on the first day of school. As I approached the first floor of the Final year building, I heard the sound of a piano and someone singing along. To me it was the most beautiful sound that I had ever heard in my life. Whoever was singing has just the most beautiful soul in the universe. I just couldnt keep my legs away from approaching the source of the beautiful music. The first floor was exclusively for the final years of the Music department. Finally I reached the music room from where the sound was coming. I took a peak inside through the glass and witnessed the most amazing sight.

Inside the room playing the piano was none other than Kyuhyun. The soft rays of the evening sun glimmered from behind him through the window and splashed a brilliant reddish hue on his brunette hair. His eyes were intently closed, a sign of tremendous concentration. I was transfixed upon my spot as I listened on to the beautiful music that he played as his perfectly manicured, long and slender fingers glided over the keys of the piano. After the music at the bridge of the song ended, his voice rose in pitch and sang along. Excruciating warmth coursed through me and all the hairs in my body were standing on their ends. I didnt know when he stopped singing as I noticed the sudden absence of warmth and I turned around to see through the glass when I noticed that he wasnt sitting on the bench anymore.

Ever so slightly I unlatched the door and let my head in first to see if he was still inside the room.

And then I watched the horrific scene that unfolded before my eyes. There in one corner of the room, Kyuhyun was sitting holding a syringe and injecting himself, his eyes clouded with unshed tears. My legs moved on their own and there I was standing like a statue in front of him unable to move with him looking at me with those same feral eyes. He closed his eyes and all his controlled emotions broke free and his tears fell.