Chapter 14

Addiction, Affliction, Affection

Siwon's P.O.V

As I reluctantly came outside, I didnt fail to notice the expression on Jino's face. He looked at me as though I had committed a criminal offense. Just when his mom made her way to the doctor's room to ask something about Kyuhyun's rehabilitation procedures, Jino came near and sat down beside me. He still had the same expression on his face as he looked on.

"I...Is something wrong Jino?"I asked him nervously while I sipped on my coffee.

"Siwon-hyung, you really love my brother dont you? I saw you eating his face in there!"he giggled.

SPLAT!...COUGH! I choked on my coffee and coughed till there were tears in my eyes. "How??...Were you peeping inside??"I asked him.

"Well you cant blame me. I was passing by when I accidentally saw you get naughty with my brother in there!" he said and was laughing out loud. I got so embarassed at myself after he said that. Suddenly I felt as though someone had turned the heater on. It was a good thing no one heard him say this to me otherwise I would be so mortified right now that I would have to bury my head into the ground like an ostrich for the rest of my life.

"Come here you brat!"I threatened and tickled his sides while he laughed till he dropped on the floor.

"I am glad brother has learned to open up to someone apart from his family for a change."he said.

"Hm! Dont worry. Your brother is safe in my hands"I declared. I couldnt fail to notice how ironic I just sounded. I had been the one who broke his heart intentionally, I had been the one who said those god-awful words to him with this mouth of mine and I am the one saying that Kyuhyun was in safe hands with me with that same mouth. But thinking about how Kyuhyun is safe now made me feel great beyond anything and Jino and his mom can vouch for my undying love for him.

A few minutes later, Kyuhyun's mom came with the doctor as the doctor wanted to give him medicines that would wash out all the effects of the drug that he had taken. It was already beyond midnight and Kyuhyun had been shifted to the general ward as he was out of danger now. Jino and his mom decided to go home as I insisted that Changmin and I would be staying over at the hospital with Kyu tonight. Jonghyun, Minho, Yonghwa and Zhoumi left the hospital a few minutes afterwards. As I felt sleepy, I told Changmin that I needed to doze off for a while and informed him to wake me up if Kyu needed anything.

Changmin's P.O.V

Siwon was fast asleep sitting on one of the chairs with his arms crossed over his chest. I gently stood up and looked through the glass window. It seemed as though Kyuhyun was fast asleep as well. I felt the sudden urge to be inside with Kyuhyun and just keep staring at his angelic face. I silently went inside and sat beside him as I held his hand gently smoothing out the skin on the back of his hand.

How could I have ever done such a thing to you? Forcing myself on you like a mindless animal even after knowing that it was Siwon that you loved and not me and that he was the one who made your heart race and not me! I am such a terrible friend to you. No! I dont even measure out as a friend to you anymore. I am a nobody to you now. A complete stranger! And I dont even expect you to forgive me for having created misunderstandings between you and Siwon.

All of a sudden Kyuhyun started coughing in his sleep and I immediately helped him sit up and made him drink a glass of water. He drank it all but was wide awake by now.

"Changmin-ah! You are here!"he said with a faint smile playing about his lips.

"Well. You were coughing so I thought I would help you out as Siwon is fast asleep now"I said.

"Is that so?"he asked me and I turned away from him as I couldnt face him due to guilt. After a good 2 minutes of silence....

"Changmin you are my best friend but Siwon is the one that I love. You are equally important to me. You are as precious to me as Siwon is. You two are worlds apart so there is no comparison in question. And it would really mean a lot to me if you two set aside your differences"he said to me.

"I know that Kyu! And I am sorry for creating a rift between the two of you. I have realised by now that you two were meant to be together"I said to him sincerely.

"I am glad that you understand now! Now come here you over grown cry baby!" he said and welcomed me into his arms.

I hugged him tightly and asked "Does this mean that you have forgiven me?"

"Of course. I forgive you"he said.

"Dont you think that you have softened up a bit after starting off this relationship with Siwon?"I asked him.

"Well I have all the time in the world to revert back to my cold and ruthless self if you kept saying that"he said to me. What a snarker!

I broke the hug and looked at him and said "This time it was my fault that Siwon had acted like that to you. In future, if I find him doing this again under any circumstance, I will kill him for sure"

He chuckled and said "And you would be the first person whom I would run to if that ever happened"

"What would you tell your dad then?" I asked and his expression turned grim.

"Havent thought about it yet! But I am not gonna be telling the truth either" he said.

"But Kyu, till when can you keep a secret? Eventually he will have to find out" I replied.

"I will come up with something. Till then can you cover up for me?"he requested.

"I understand! Alright then! I will be waiting outside if you ever need me. Get some sleep"I told him and headed outside to the waiting area.

I saw Siwon wide awake and sitting outside. He noticed me coming outside of Kyu's room and said "You are a great friend to him Changmin. He needs you too"

"I know that. And I intend to be his friend till the end of my life. And I am sorry Siwon. I guess I should have welcomed the idea of you and Kyu being in a relationship instead of going ballistic on him"I declared.

"Its ok. No need to apologise. I am equally at fault. Look if we keep saying sorries to each other it would take forever so why dont we just bury the hatchet?" he asked me.

"I would be more than happy to"I said and sat down beside him.

The next day proved to be hectic as Siwon and I had to control and curb from 20 to 30 of Kyu's fans crowding at the entrance and the corridors from barging inside. But they refused to go away so we thought of letting in a controlled stream of students to visit Kyuhyun with flower bouquets, vitamin supplements and fruits. In no time, Kyuhyun's room resembled that of a flower shop with beautiful flowers adorning the cabinets of his hospital room. His fanclub even brought a giant sized greeting card wishing him a speedy recovery.

Kyuhyun thanked them all. After his fans left the hospital premises he sat down on the bed while reading a book. The doctors came inside his room and checked whether he was responding positively to the treatment while Siwon and I waited outside. The doctors then came over to us and informed that Kyuhyun would be discharged by tomorrow morning. And even adviced us to tell him to consult a rehab as soon as possible. After hearing the good news, I immediately called Kyu's mom and informed her about it. She said that she had been preparing some of Kyu's favorite food and was heading to the hospital as we spoke to come see him.

Yonghwa and Zhoumi along with Jonghyun and Minho came and visited him with flowers and left immediately for school as they had to take care of council work under our absence. Within half an hour Kyu's mom came inside carrying enough food for all three of us. She came inside the room and held out each of the lunchboxes to three of us. She was also seen carrying a thermos flask that had chicken soup with ginseng for Kyuhyun.

All three of us sat and ate the delicious food made by Kyu's mom. In the midst of it all, Kyuhyun's mobile rang and when he noticed the caller-ID his face became grim almost instantly. By the looks of things, I could easily guess that it was his dad calling.

He picked it up and put it on speaker so that all three of us could hear "Ya! What do you want now?" he asked nonchalantly.

"Now is that how you speak to your father?"he hollered.

"Just dont waste my time and get on with it"Kyuhyun said.

"I called home in hopes of talking to you but the phone kept ringing and no one answered it. Care to explain me where the hell you are?" his dad asked him.

"Ah! I am at Changmin's place. Actually I wasnt feeling well and Changmin suggested that I should stay at his place till I recovered."he lied.

"Oh really! Where is Changmin then? I want to speak to him just to make sure" his dad said.

"Oh what trust! Here talk to him!" Kyuhyun said and handed the phone over to me.

"Hello and good morning Mr.Cho. Kyuhyun still isnt feeling well and I adviced him to stay over at my house"I said.

"Alright! I guess he was right. I thought he had run off to his blasted mother's place while I was out of town"he said and I cringed at the tone with which he referred to Kyuhyun's mom. I glanced over briefly at his mom's direction and noticed that she had a scornful look.

"Anyway just make sure to tell Kyuhyun that I will be out of town for a month as I have to take care of an indispensible affiliation with a foreign university. And just take care of that careless son of mine, he really can be a pain in the neck sometimes. Alright. That will be all" his dad said and hung up.

What a pathetic excuse of a father he is! First of, he ditches his family and now trashes his own son who is going to be the heir to his fortune soon.

"Well! That settles it. I need to get into and out of a rehab by the time dad comes back in a month"Kyuhyun said.

"Ya! Its almost as if everything is falling in place for you"Siwon said.

"I am happy for you." his mom said.

 Siwon's P.O.V

In the evening I spoke to my dad over the phone and told him everything that had happened yesterday. After hearing the news, he came over to visit Kyuhyun in just an hour.

"I am happy that you have decided to give the rehab a try Kyuhyun. And I am even more happy that you and my son are in a relationship"my dad told him.

"Well! I tried Mr.Choi but your son was quite a handful for me. I just couldnt say no!" Kyuhyun said with a blush that made him look adorable.

"I knew it! I knew that you wouldnt be able to resist his charms for long"he said and nudged me slightly.

"Oh! Dad come on now!"I whined while Kyuhyun chuckled a bit.

"Alright Kyuhyun! I will be off now. I tell you what, you can get almost any medicine from our pharmaceutical shop so you can avail them whenever you need."he said.

"Thanks for all your help Mr.Choi. It really means a lot to me"Kyuhyun said to him while bowing slightly.

"Anytime son. Take care. I'll see you soon"he said and left.

Kyuhyun then rolled his eyes at me. I wondered why he did that. "What?" I asked.

He huffed impatiently and motioned for me to follow my dad outside. "Oh! Alright"I replied and caught up with my dad.

"He sure is a beautiful boy. I can see why you are head over heels for him. Quite intelligent and well mannered and a clear all rounder unlike you and he seems livelier than the last time I saw him."he said to me.

"You think so?"I asked him.

"I know so! And I know that my son has exquisite taste for choosing his life partner just like his father"he said and tapped my shoulder and left me staring at his back with my mouth agape. My dad just approved my relationship with Kyuhyun! Life couldnt get better than this!

I practically exploded in joy and rushed over to Kyuhyun's room where he was busy packing his things up to leave the next day. He was standing with his back facing me so he didnt know that I was behind him. Stealthily sneaking up from behind, I draped my arms around his waist and back hugged him as he gasped in surprise.

"Choi Siwon! Sneak up on me like that again and I will stick your head into the toilet and flush you down"he said with gritted teeth.

"You have a terrible sense of toilet humour Kyu"I said chuckling and bringing his body close to mine. He relaxed in my embrace and leaned back against my chest while I was happily sniffing his hair that smelled like vanilla and lemongrass. I ducked my head and started placing kisses on his neck and collarbones while he sighed in annoyance.

"You cant harass me like this everytime as you please" he said as a matter of fact.

"This is not harassment as long as you are enjoying it. And I am your boyfriend for your information!" I said and nipped at the soft and sensitive skin of his neck while he squeaked in response.

"Stop it! Why cant you help me pack my things for a change?" he asked me.

"Well I would if you could have covered yourself with modest clothes instead of provocative ones like this. You know that I am a er for V-neck tees" I confessed while he laughed out loud. Releasing my hold on him I sat down on the bed and kept folding and stacking the clothes in his bag.

"When are you gonna consult the rehab Kyu?" I asked him.

"I dont know. Maybe I should consult after 2 days!" he said.

"Hmm! Then will you let me spend time with you before you head for the rehab?"I asked him in all honesty.

"What kind of a question is that Siwon? You spend time with me all the time!" he said.

"Not the usual kind of spending time Kyu! I meant taking you out on a date, going somewhere romantic, having dinner and such. Besides I have got only 2 days. Might as well make the most out of it" I said. He folded his arms over his chest and gave an incredulous stare and then said "Alright. I will be missing you as well. Where should we go then?"

With a huge smile adorning my lips I said "Thats a surprise. I will let you know soon"

The next day I offered to drive Kyu back to his home while Changmin left for his home. His mom said that she would visit him when time permitted but Kyu relented saying that it was not safe for her or Jino. She sent us off from the hospital and we reached home by 8:30 in the morning. This is the first time I am seeing Kyu's house. I must say that it is quite impressive. He quickly opened the door while I followed him inside carrying his luggage. He was greeted by his butler and the maids and they informed him about his dad's absence for a month. I made myself at home while Kyu bathed and freshened up. The maids and the butler left after their jobs for the day were done while I decided to take a look inside his bedroom upstairs. His room was quite cozy and propped up with a comfortable bed. I could hear him taking his bath from outside. I looked around and found a tiny photoframe housing an old family photo of him with his brother, mother and father.

The smile that he had on his face was quite radiant and precious. How lively he had been when they were a happy family! And his dad had a change of heart and ruined it for him. That made my blood boil and riled me up. I gently grazed my finger over another photo of Kyuhyun's that seemed to have been taken not too long ago. He was beautiful and absolutely breathtaking. What have I done to deserve him I wondered!

Suddenly the bathroom door opened revealing a fresh smelling Kyuhyun coming out. He was draped in his bathrobe that ended till his ankle and the plunging neckline of the robe had been revealing the pale expanse of his chest and torso considerably. He looked at me staring at him while wiping his hair that were dangling on his forehead and dripping with water. I visibly gulped at the gorgeous sight before me and turned away from him blushing.

My breath hitched in my throat and I said "Um...I..ah....I will.....I will be dd..downstairs!" and rushed out of his bedroom.

Well well well....Wonnie and Kyunnie alone in a house. I am back with a bang...Sorry for the delay and I apologise beforehand if you guys find this chapter uninteresting. I assure you that I will treat you with some sappy romance in the upcoming chapters...Stay tuned readers and drop comments about what you thought of this update...