Chapter 1

Addiction, Affliction, Affection

Siwon's P.O.V

Another school year had started and so had my life as a nomad. Being the son of a conglomerate businessman might seem fancy for many but not for me. My dad owns a thriving automobile company that has its branches across the country, a chain of hospitals and well established pharmaceuticals. Because he has to take care of his conglomerate, he travels across the country, heads a particular branch and takes care of its functioning for a span of a year or two till he finds another.

This was the second high school that I was transferring to and dad promised that we would be here for a year. I am a senior high schooler in his final year. Atleast I was happy that I would be getting a proper graduation before going to college.

This school doesnt seem too shabby at all. In fact its quite lavish. Dad had told me once that this was one of the most reputed schools of the country and the sons of some of the elite socialites studied here. I had the privilege of taking a stroll across the school grounds as I was curious to know more about it.

You guys would call me a narcissist for calling myself handsome but thats the truth as many girls started ogling at my good looks as I passed them by. One of them even winked at me, stared at me from head to foot and made a hand signal to ask for my number. Huh! Typical girls from big shot families! They will court you at one moment and leave you hanging high and dry the next when they eye another more suitable prey.

I suddenly bumped into someone as I wasn't clearly watching where I was going. I held myself steadily to prevent from falling down. The person whom I bumped into was tall, nearly as tall as I was. I watched him staring at me with furrowed eyebrows, deep chocolate brown eyes reflecting pure irritation, pink, plumpy lips pulled down into a frown, short dark brown straight and messy hair that framed his pixie face perfectly, his smooth, pale and flawless skin gleaming under the morning sunlight, his long, slender and lanky arms folded across his chest. He was dressed in a perfect and crisp uniform without any creases that showed that he was nothing less of a model student.

In short, he was just perfect and beautiful. For a moment though, I thought how could a human being be so pretty and perfect.

I sensed him moving his lips and that broke me free from my reverie.

"Can't you watch where you're going for God's sake?" he asked me with a scowl.

"Huh?" I asked him cluelessly. Jeez! Just the first day of school and I am already making a fool out of myself. Smooth! Very smooth Choi Siwon! And damn those lips! Is he for real? Is this happening for real? I am getting flustered 'coz of a guy! Does that mean...??? I thought.

"Tch! I can't possibly waste my time here. BTW! I havent seen you here. Are you new here?" he asked me in a monotone. But before I could even respond to him he said "You better hurry to the auditorium if you dont wanna be late for the annual orientation ceremony" and then left me facing the entrance to the admin building.

Damn! My heart is beating so fast that it seems to have broken into a frenzy. Never in my life or in my wildest dreams have I ever realised that this day would come when I would fall for a guy. And something tells me that that guy could be a final year student. Without further ado, I entered the admin building for taking care of my transfer formalities.

The auditorium was huge and impressive. There were many rows of seats alreade made ready for students and faculties to be seated. The dias was decorated beautifully for the ceremony. Separate rows were allocated for students of the respective departments and years. The final years were seated somewhere in the middle of the rows and I found myself a place next to a short guy who was wearing glasses. He smiled when he made eye contact with me and I returned his gesture by introducing myself

"Hi! My name is Choi Siwon. Final year Transfer student." I said formally.

"Oh so you are the big shot transfer student. Rumours doing the rounds are that you are the son of a wealthy conglomerate who is funding our school. Is that true?" he asked me.

"Guess I am quite famous even before stepping my foot in here."I chuckled.

"Oh! Where are my manners? I am Jung Yonghwa. Final year. Treasurer of the Student Council. Nice to meet you Siwon. I have a hunch that you and I are gonna be classmates. If so, I would be thrilled to be your friend" Yonghwa beamed.

There are people like Yonghwa who are quite outgoing and welcoming and there are people like the guy I met earlier who are ready to give you a hard time. Yonghwa and I spoke to each other as if we had known each other for years and I had a feeling that I would cherish this friendship for a long time.

The ceremony had started and various dignitaries were seated on the podium. One by one they came forward and lectured endlessly about the importance of education and blah blah....Yonghwa was like me when it came to talks like this I guess, he didnt seem to be paying attention and was busy gossiping about the rich kids in this school. Just when the ceremony was about to draw to a close, the principal of the school had requested the President of the Student Council to speak a few words on behalf of the student.

And after seeing the person who stepped onto the podium to address the gathering, my mind went still...

There he was again. And he seemed like an angel, being illuminated by the spotlights, drawing attention of all those who were seated before him, me in particular.

I didnt realise that Yonghwa had been nudging me at my arms for the past few minutes, so he smacked hard on my head to gain my attention.

"What are you gawking at?" he asked annoyingly. I wordlessly pointed my finger at the person I was so fascinated about, who was addressing the students on account of the start of the new academic year and Yonghwa followed and noticed that my object of fascination was The President of the Student council.

"Is he the Student council president? Who is he?" I asked him.

"Ha ha! You seem to have been smitten by him or something! Like what you see huh?" he playfully teased me and nudged me gently at the sides. I blushed with embarassment.

"I...It..Its...n..not..."I fumbled and got interrupted by Yonghwa.

"His name is Cho Kyuhyun. Student Council President. Scholar student. Role model to a horde of students here. Has his own fanclub. Son of the owner of this school. Silent type, introverted, doesnt have many friends though has his close circle of friends that he hangs out with. Rich but doesnt like showing his dad off. Not many know about his personal life though." Yonghwa stated.

With that short introduction over and done with, the ceremony drew to a close and I headed out with Yonghwa to find my class. It turned out that Yonghwa and I were gonna be classmates after all and so was Cho Kyuhyun. Since these sensations that I feel for him are foreign to me, I cannot comprehend whether I was nervous or flustered when I saw Cho Kyuhyun.

On my way to my class, Yonghwa and I noticed a gang of students behaving rudely with Kyuhyun.

One of them demanded "You think we wouldn't lay a finger on you 'coz you're the freaking President? Huh?"

Another one said "Here's what you gonna do. You sneak into the Dean's office, get us the questions, we pass the exams this year! Of course, you wouldnt want a gash on that pretty face of yours right?"

Kyuhyun was just standing still, eyes narrowed at them, seemed so feral and dangerous and his hands folded across his chest. What was this guy thinking? Those two bullies seemed like they could easily chew on him and spit him out. Yet he was unfazed by their intimidating behaviour. I noticed one of those two guys raising his hands to slash Kyuhyun at any second.

Without thinking twice, I lunged forward and stopped him before his hand touched Kyuhyun's face.

"And just who the do you think you are newbie?"one of them spat at my face, anger dripping like venom with each word he said.

"Hasnt your mommy taught you to pick on somebody your own size?" I asked and slapped his hands away. I sensed Yonghwa pulling my hands and telling me to forget about it and that the President can handle them on his own.

And then I watched Kyuhyun's face intently. Still with the same expression. He said "Hasnt your mommy told you not to interfere in other people's businesses?"

And I had reached my breaking point. Dont know why but the tone at which he asked me that had me entranced. His tone was so deep and low and alluring. The next moment I found myself pulling Kyuhyun by his hands and his body was so light that it crashed onto mine almost instantly. His eyes stared back at me in sheer shock and horror and I felt myself getting lost in those two orbs of pools of chocolate blissfully.

His face was so near and I could feel his minty fresh breath fanning my face and driving me to impossible levels of insanity.

"You are the one for me!" I said without thinking twice.

"Who the hell do you think you are?" he seethed at me.

And before I knew it, I grabbed his neck and smashed my lips onto his.

And all hell broke loose.........