Chapter 15

Addiction, Affliction, Affection

Siwon's P.O.V

I sat down on the couch in his living room and started flipping through the channels on T.V. After a few minutes I noticed Kyuhyun coming near and sitting down beside me. I nervously glanced at him while he looked on. He wasn't helping me much to control my urges. He was wearing a simple plain white T-shirt and black slacks that ended near his knees. His slim and pale legs were in full view while his neck and collarbones were peeping out due to the over-sized T-shirt. His beautiful lanky arm was rested on the arm-rest of the couch while the other was rested on his knee. My gaze left his arms and was now concentrated on his messy hair and his beautiful, sharp features that followed. I might have gone overboard at the gawking 'coz Kyu noticed me at the corner of his eye and coughed slightly to snap me out. I blushed slightly while he let out a small laugh. He stood up and headed inside the kitchen. After a while he came over and placed a few plates on the dining table and said "You better have breakfast before you head home."

 

"Ah! Ok. If you say so" I stuttered and sat down on one of the chairs.

 

The breakfast was a simple one. Few slices of bread, two eggs sunny side up, a bowl of caesar salad and two tall glasses of orange juice. As I brought the bread near my mouth to take the first bite, I glanced at Kyuhyun eagerly munching on his eggs. His long and slender fingers held onto a piece of bread as he took his first bite out of it. Then his fingers proceeded towards the glass of orange juice, held it tightly and placed it on his ruby red lips to relish the taste. I noticed a few drops of orange juice trickling down his chin and dropping onto the table. Carefully he let his tongue out to wipe the remnants of the juice around his lips and wiped the rest with a tissue.

 

How can just eating seem so sensual? The way the veins in his hands wriggled under the skin as he worked on his breakfast and the way his luscious lips took in every piece of the bread and eggs, the way his tongue poked out to lap at the juice, everything about him . ! I've got a ! That too in the morning!

 

Suddenly he looked up and said "Ahem! Are you just gonna be staring at me all day? You havent eaten anything Siwon!"

 

"Uh! Well...I am eating now..See!" I giggled nervously and took a large bite of the eggs. We discussed a few things about school and about the rehabilitation and it was time for me to head home.

 

"Siwon dont you think you should have gone to school today? I feel guilty as it is already for having caused so much trouble. You really dont have to skip school 'coz I can take care of myself now" he said.

 

"Kyu, you dont have to be so formal to your own boyfriend. Besides you are gonna be under rehab from day after tomorrow. I will go to school afterwards!"I told him and hugged him tightly. He held me by my waist and said "Idiot! You derive happiness from making me feel guilty dont you?"I pulled away from the hug and held him close by his waist and caressed his soft cheeks gently. His chocolate doe eyes made contact with mine.

 

"Its not like that Kyu! Its just that I love you so much that I cant seem to be away from you. I have been such a jerk towards you and it hurts to realise the fact that I was responsible for you ending up in the hospital and you dont have any idea how I am sorry for that. And now that you are gonna be under rehab for a month I have to pass the days by without having to see you, kiss you or hold you in my arms. Of course I can call you everyday but it still wont be the same right? Thats why I want to make the best out of these two days with you."I confessed and I saw him tear up.

 

"Hey! Dont cry. I tell you what, I will take you out on the most romantic date that you can ever wish for tomorrow."I cheered him up and it worked. He wiped the tears away and smiled at me warmly. His radiant smile that seemed to alleviate the gloomiest of moods was so precious to me that I would go to the ends of this world to protect it. My hands that held his cheeks now travelled to the nape of his neck and pulled him closer to myself. Our noses and foreheads were almost touching and our hot breaths that came out in pants mingled with one another. Slowly I leaned forward and claimed his lips in a mindblowing kiss that was hot, sensuous and conveyed so many unspoken words in an instant. I relished each and every movement my lips made against his. He showed equal eagerness into the kiss as well and it made my heart skip a few beats to realise how fast Kyu has warmed up to me and started trusting me. His hands travelled upwards and knotted inside my black hair while both my hands embraced his waist and made him come even closer. We both sensed the burning desire slowly building up and hence I deepened the kiss by parting his lips and intruding into his hot mouth. He moaned into the kiss and that made something inside my pants twitch and ache in anticipation. Suddenly I realised that we were standing in the middle of the living room and making out like no tomorrow. Hence I decided to part my lips from his soft ones before things got out of hand. I slowly released him from my hold while he held onto one of my cheeks and kissed the other.

 

"I love you Won"he confessed and smiled while he gently the skin of my cheeks. That made my heart skip a beat and I said "Love you too.....And now I should go!" and winked at him. I stepped out of his house as I saw him wave me a goodbye and head back inside his house. Life seems just right and all that mattered was Kyuhyun and me.

 

Kyuhyun's P.O.V

After sending Siwon off, I went to the kitchen and put away all the dishes for washing. I immediately made a call to Changmin and told him to take care of all the responsibilities as the acting President in my absence for a month. I settled down on the couch and flipped through channels on T.V. In one of them a drama had been airing in which the guy takes his lover out on a long drive, takes a stroll along the sandy beaches while holding her hands, treats her to a delicious dinner and says "I love you" to her innumerable number of times. That made me think of what Siwon had told me earlier about taking me out on a date. I blushed sub-consciously and reminisced on all the countless number of times that Siwon had confessed to me, kissed me, took care of me and protected me.

 

"You are the only one who has managed to do so! How did you do it Siwon? Here I am talking to myself like a crazy person wondering how stubborn you are about me and I love you for that!" I said to myself and stood up after switching off the T.V. I headed upstairs to my room and on the way I found the door to my dad's study/bedroom open. Thats strange! Usually he locks the door to his room before going on long overseas visits.

 

Slowly I peeped inside and found his usually in order room turned completely upside down. It felt like a storm had been in here. I let myself in and saw all files and papers and stuff strewn across the floor. What could have caused this? Who did this I wonder? Immediately I dialled my butler's number and he picked up.

 

"Yes master Kyuhyun! Did you need anything?" he asked me.

 

"Uh! No. I wanted to know why my dad's room is still dirty and why was it unlocked? Werent the maids told to clean his room?" I asked him.

 

"Oh! I must have forgotten to close the door to his room. Mr.Cho had made it clear before heading out yesterday to lock it with the spare key. And he made it a point to not let anyone inside his room until he got back from his trip not even to clean his room. I dont know why but Mr.Cho had been in a hurry as he was ransacking his drawers and lockers and took out some papers and told me to burn them. I asked him if he was sure and he said that they were meant to be thrown as they were unimportant now. As I had some work in the store room I had kept it below some cabinets in the store room in view of burning them later but I guess I had forgotten about that as well." he said.

 

"Oh well! Dont worry about it. I will take care of it. I will call you later if I need anything" I said to him and hung up.

 

As strange as this whole thing seemed, I decided to keep my mind off it. Two hours later I heard someone ring the doorbell. I opened the door and found two men in suits showing me their ID cards and saying that they were from the income tax department and that they had come for an unannounced raid. I kept asking them why were they doing this and they said that my dad had been avoiding his tax dues for several months now. That had shocked me beyond anything. Why? Why would dad evade tax? Could it be that he had been doing something illegal and that he had kept this a secret from me? They wanted me to show his bedroom. It was apparent that they were looking for something important regarding his tax evasion. But to my surprise the thing that they had been looking for wasnt there! It had already been kept hidden I suppose!

 

"We've looked everywhere! I guess he either hid those documents somewhere safe or already destroyed it. Anyway tell him that he cant escape us forever and to appear before us in 3 months time with the necessary documents and his overdue taxes otherwise we will have to force him to mortgage this house and every other property he has for survival. We'll be on our way Mr.Cho" one of the men in black told me and both of them left the house.

 

This had me shocked to the core. So much had happened in so little time. I settled down on the couch and kept wondering about what my dad had been doing all along. Perhaps those papers that were asked to be burnt were the ones those guys had been searching for after all. I got up, went into the store room and searched the cabinets for the papers. Finally I found them and took them to my room to have a patient look at them. And what I saw shook me from head to foot. They were indeed evidences of his alleged tax evasion! They consisted of official letters requesting him to pay his overdue taxes and some were about transactions of a huge sum of money to an unknown recipient.

 

What the hell was all this! It was not that he hadnt had money to pay taxes but was investing in something else. How could he do this? If this had to continue then not only the house but the school and several other affiliations would go down the drains in a matter of minutes. If he had intended to throw everything away with this laundering then why did he deliberately separate me from mom and Jino under the pretext of grooming me up as the successor to his fortunes? Why did I have to go through this torture for so many years? Something from within told me that this was not all! Perhaps he had been hiding a whole horde of secrets! And I intend to find out about them!

 

"You will have to pay the price dad! For everything! You will have to answer to every one of those people whom you have cheated thus far! And I will make sure you do it!" I thought to myself.

 

Damn it! I just had to find out about this now. Not to mention my rehab is at stake too. By the time I get out of rehab dad would probably be home. What to do now? I hurriedly went inside his room and started raking for suspicious evidences against my dad. Most of them were legitimate while some were not worth mentioning about. I completely forgot about the time as I was busy going through his documents. And before I knew it, it had already been 10 p.m. I was drenched in sweat and was dead tired. Might as well call it a day and search tomorrow! I set everything just as they were as I had seen them while I entered and locked the door with the spare key and left for my room to sleep.

 

Early morning the next day.....

 

I heard my doorbell ring. I searched for the alarm clock for time and it showed 5:30 a.m. Who the could be visiting me so early? I let the doorbell ring for a few more times and lazily got up from my bed half-asleep. As I had been busy inside my dad's study the previous night, I thought of sleeping in and get up late and now whoever it was has completely ruined it for me. I dragged my feet across the floor and towards the front door as they felt heavy for some reason. Slapping my cheeks a few times gently with my hands and yawning, I unlatched the door and opened it to see who it was.

 

"Good morning! Rise and shine sweetheart!" the voice said.

 

I recognised the voice and shot my head up as my eyes opened up wide to see that it was Siwon standing in front of me early in the morning. He was wearing his track suit and was panting.

 

"What in the world are..mmff?" I asked and was rudely muffled by something warm on my lips. As I was too sleepy to comprehend what was happening, Siwon took it as an advantage and silenced me with one of his infamous kisses. And man did it feel good! My heart lept like a horse this early in the morning as I felt the undesirable hangover of my unsatisfied sleep lift away. After a few seconds of nothing but tender caressing of the lips, he parted away from me and let himself in.

 

"Just what do you think you are doing this early barging into my house? And why are you in your tracks? Did you come running all the way from your house? And how dare you kiss me, I havent even brushed my teeth yet and my mouth smells of horrible morning breath!" I ranted on while he hugged me from behind.

 

"Have I ever told you that your "fresh-out-bed" look turns me on?" he asked.

 

"Oh come on! Early morning cheese gives me indigestion! And by the way dont try to change the subject! Why are you here?" I asked him again. He released his hold on me and settled on the couch. He said "As you can see that I am in my track suit as I came jogging to your house. And no, you dont smell like horrible morning breath, you smell and taste just fine early in the morning. And the reason why I came here was to take you out on a jogging date. So freshen up, change into your jogging gear and meet me downstairs in fifteen minutes!" looking at his watch.

 

"Ha! What? You are kidding right? As you can see I am not a morning person and neither am I conscious about my fitness. So you are just wasting your time here Siwon!" I told him and smirked at him.

 

"I just came here all the way from the other end of the city jogging and clearly out of breath just for this romantic jogging date and you are doing nothing but complain! Tsk tsk tsk Kyu! What would your poor Wonnie do now?" he asked in a sickly tone and pouted a bit.

 

I decided not to let his so called "Aegyo attack" as us Koreans would like to call it, get the better of me and said "Well Boo Hoo and Hoo again! My Wonnie has to leave empty handed!" and pulled down my lower eyelid with one finger and poked out my tongue as a means of making fun of him.

 

"Please Kyu! Just let me have my way with you for a day! You are gonna be away from me for a month after all. Cant you realise how much I would be missing you?" he asked me with a sincere look and held my hand tightly in his.

 

"Alright fine! Lets get this over with!" I said defeatedly while he flashed his dimpled smile at me.

 

"Thank you so much! And you have ten minutes to get ready! Chop chop!" he ordered and shoved me into my bedroom and closed the door from behind me.

 

"The things you make me do Choi Siwon! And that too without breaking a sweat and simply flashing your dimples" I said to myself and got dressed. I climbed downstairs and found him staring up at me in anticipation. Then he and I jogged all the way from my house till the park that was about 3 kms away. Siwon and I thought of resting a bit on the benches trying to catch our breaths. I gently placed my head on his strong shoulders while he draped an arm around mine. After a few minutes of chatting, he suddenly got up and pulled me up from the bench.

 

"What now? I cant run anymore Siwon! Lets go home" I said exhaustedly.

 

"Why dont we finish our breakfast and then go back home? I know this awesome place nearby where they serve the most delicious pancakes for breakfast!" he told me.

 

I had to admit that sounded like a great idea and my stomach was grumbling on top of that. So I agreed without any issues. He led me to a rather small restaurant and ordered two sets of pancakes for the both of us. And the next few moments were spent diligently on longing stares, passionate eyelocks, hand holding, knee nudging and the sharing of warm smiles and sweet romantic words to each other until our orders came. We reluctantly pulled away and concentrated on filling our tummy with these delicious pancakes.

 

"These are amazing Siwon! Thanks for bringing me here" I said.

 

"Anything for you! Now eat up as much as you want. Its my treat before your rehab starts" he said to me. As I continued eating, I never failed to make glances at Siwon as he munched on his breakfast. Siwon always has this optimistic aura around him that doesnt allow me to have negative thoughts at all. He always manages to amaze me with the constant shower of his undying love and it always manages to make my heart race, whether it was the gentle caress of my cheeks, the fierce but passionate kisses, the tight hugs that makes me feel secure and the smile that makes me think that nothing could possibly go wrong in this world! This man before me had been the goofiest man I have ever met, who, with his antics has managed to melt my cold and hardened heart which had no hope of experiencing love at all.

 

After filling our bellies, Siwon paid for the breakfast and insisted on dropping me home. But I decided to take a taxi back home while insisting him to take one and go back to his house.

 

"Alright Kyu! Um! I want to take you out for dinner too tonight. I will come to pick you up at 8:30 p.m sharp" he told me.

 

"What? Siwon dont you think you are going overboard with this whole date thing?"I asked him.

 

"No excuses sweetheart! Just let me splurge on you for today. Please! You wouldnt regret it I promise!" he pleaded with folded hands.

 

Damn those puppy eyes and the "no-fair" pout! Kyuhyun how could you end up being so weak! I thought to myself...

 

"Huh! Fine. You win. But you dont have to pick me up. I want to do the same to you for a change. So I'll meet up with you at your place sharp at 8:30 p.m and we can head to wherever you plan on taking me from there! And dont be late as I hate waiting! Agreed?" I said.

 

"Alright! Its a deal"he agreed while I called for a taxi, bid Siwon my goodbyes and headed back home. Come to think of it, I had to admit that all this dating business has had me excited. I guess this is what happens to people hopelessly in love! To people like Siwon and I and I suddenly started remembering about the drama that I had watched earlier as the taxi drove towards my house.

 

Let me know how much you liked this chapter! To be honest, I dont know about the tax systems in Korea and all this had been written in my perspective. I hope everything seems legitimate to you people. Too sappy and romantic just the way I like it! Gear up for the next mindblowing update that I would making shortly. Stay tuned my lovelies!! *mwah*