Chapter 9

How to Use Chopsticks

I was contemplating about going there to see if it really was Vanessa. Before I could even take one step forward I felt someone grab onto my arm.

“Jongsuk oppa! Where are you going?”

I rolled my eyes and pushed Victoria off me. She pouted at me “Oppa why you being mean to me?”

“Leave me alone Victoria” I said.

“Why are you near this trash of a school anyway?” she asked while looking at the school with pure hate in her eyes. “You don’t walk this way” she said.

Wait how did she knew I don’t normally walk here. I looked at her weirdly “what?” she asked tilting her head. I ignored her and walked away from her not taking my eyes off that girl across the street. Maybe I was over thinking things I thought.

“You’re calling our school trash?”

I stopped and looked behind me. There were guys walking up to Victoria and one of them put there arm around her. She didn’t flinch but push his arm off her.

“Feisty one” one of them signed “they are so annoying when they are feisty”

“Hyung look at her uniform” Victoria covered herself with her jacket but the guy pushed it away.

He scoffed “and she’s calling our school crap” the taller guy said. Victoria just ignored them and looked down not giving them any eye contact. “Ya! I'm talking to you” he said poking her head really hard.

I signed I could of easily walked away from this but no.

The guy was about to grab her shoulder but I stopped him by grabbing his wrist.

“W-who are you?” he asked. I just ignored him and took Victoria’s wrist and walked away, until I got pulled back.

“Who do you think you are” he said grabbing my collar. I smirked at him “this is why our school doesn’t Han high school that much. You just have full of rebels that only thinks about violence and failing class” I said.

By the looks of it the guy got pissed along with his friends. He raised his fist and punched me, causing me to fall on the floor.

“OPPA!” Victoria ran to me and helped me up, she gasped when she looked at me “Oppa your bottom lip is bleeding” she said. I touched the cut and felt the sting. The tall guy walked up to me and grabbed me off the floor “this might hurt a bit more than that small cut” he said.

Before he could hit me again someone grabbed his wrist “Junhyung why is it always you causing trouble” it’s that guy.

The tall guy pushed me away “Joongki. Leave.” Junhyung said.

“How about you leave before I call Amber” he said.

Junhyung widened his eyes with fright.

“Let’s go” with that they all walked away. “You okay?” Joongki said reaching out his hand, I just smacked it away and got up.

“Oppa you okay?”

I looked over at the school again and noticed that the girl was gone.

 

Vanessa’s POV

I got home a few minutes ago. I can’t believe I’m going to say this but I’m happy that Victoria came and distracted Jongsuk. I walked downstairs and smelled a nice aura coming from the kitchen.

“Mmhh what are you making?”  I asked my mum when I walking in the kitchen.

“I made this for a neighbour” she said while putting the foods in containers.

“It looks like you packed up dinner and dessert in that” I said pointing at the wrapped food. “Where’s mine?” I asked. She ignored me and picked up the containers and gave it to me, I looked at her confused.

“Are you really giving it to me?”

“Please go and give this to the house across the street” she said walking away. Of course it wasn’t for me. I shook my head and walked toward the house she asked me to go to. I knocked on the door and took a few steps back. This house looks familiar……

“What are you doing here?”

I looked up at the voice “Jongsuk-shi? You live here?” I asked……oh wait yeah he does.

“Yes I do but what—“

“OMO! What happened to your lip?!” I said pointing at it. He groaned “What are you doing here?!” he shouted.

“Let me in!”

“NO!” I frowned at his answer. I ignored him and pushed past him, entering his house.

”YA!” he shouted.

I walked in his kitchen with him following behind and put the containers down on the table, looking through his cabinets for a first aid kit.

“Ah found it!” I pulled out the first aid kit but got pulled by someone. I turned around and saw Jongsuk right behind me.  “Why you here and what are you doing” he said glaring at me.

Again I ignored him and pushed the first aid kit box on his chest while pushing him making him walk backwards. He landed on a chair and sat on it.

I opened the box and got all the stuff I need for his injured lips.

“This might sting a little” I mumbled and put the cotton wool on his lip and I'm surprised he didn’t flinch one bit. Pshh show off, I thought.

 

 

Third person’s POV

Jongsuk looked at Vanessa still shocked at what was going on as everything seemed rushed. Vanessa was too occupied aiding his injured lips to notice Jongsuk’s stare. She was gently taping Jongsuk’s cut hoping not to hurt him too much.

Out of nowhere Jongsuk suddenly grabbed Vanessa’s wrist stopping her from what she was doing.

“Jongsuk-shi I need to—“Vanessa stopped on what she was saying when she looked up at him. He was looking at her eyes again, every time he looks at them he just can’t seem to look away. Why he thought. Jongsuk’s eyes wandered down towards her lips, he doesn’t know why but he had a sudden urge to do something.

Vanessa’s eyes widened when she noticed Jongsuk was coming closer towards her, but didn’t pull away. This actually confused her. Why wasn’t she pushing away or anything?

By then Jongsuk’s lips were just a few inches away from hers without knowing Vanessa slowly closed her eyes. Right when their lips lightly brushed against each other Jongsuk’s phone rang causing Vanessa to pull away, finally realizing what was happening.

“I—I got to go” with that Vanessa ran out the house thinking about what was about to happen.