Chapter 13

How to Use Chopsticks

 

I was watching TV while lying on the couch. I was home alone again as my mum had dinner with someone that supplies all the maths books in the school. She asked me if I wanted to come but I told her I would pass. But I think I regret it now because I was hungry! And I wasn’t bothered to make food as well. My thoughts wandered towards the restaurant that Joongki works at.

“Should I go there again?” I asked myself. Soon I found myself getting ready to go out and grabbed my glasses and chopsticks and ran to the bus stop to catch the bus. Soon I arrived at Hongdae where the restaurant was.

 I walked in and sat where I sat before, which was near the window.

“You came again?” I looked up to meet the waiter that served me last time but looking at him now I noticed that he isn’t wearing the uniforms that the other waiters were wearing I’m guessing he owns this place. Or at least the manager or something, I don’t know.

He placed the menu on my table and told me that someone would come in a few minutes to get my order.

 

Third person POV

“Joongki!” Minwoo was walking towards him with two plates of food. Minwoo shoved the pates on his and “Bring this to table 3” he said.

“What? Just like that? Not even a please? Hyung you can’t just push me over like that, plus my shift is nearly over can’t you just let me go?” Joongki said. Minwoo gave him a straight face and told him to get to work. Feeling defeated Joongki sighed and did what he was told.

“Here’s your food” he said while placing the food on the table. “What’s with the long face?” Joongki looked up and noticed it who was speaking to him. “Oh what are you doing here?” he asked.

“Eating” she said while pointing at the food that he placed in front of her. Without thinking he sat across her. “What are you doing?” she asked.

“How much food are you going to eat?” He asked, ignoring her question.

“Then eat with me if your that worried” she said sarcastically but Joongki didn’t seem to notice it and got a chopstick and took a bit from her food. “Aren’t you going to get in trouble?” she asked.

“What?”

“Aren’t you supposed to be working?” Vanessa asked.

“My shift will be over in…” Joongki looked at his watch then back at her “1 minute, so I’m good”

Vanessa rolled her eyes and just continued eating. “So have you gone sightseeing in Seoul yet?” asked Joongki. “Instead of going to the mall nope, I haven’t. My mum is kind of busy so we don’t have time for that” she replied.

“Want to do it now?”

“What?”

“Sightseeing, I can bring you to cool places” Joongki said while setting his chopsticks down. Like what? Asked Vanessa. “Well…” Joongki placed his elbow on the table and leaned his head on his palm. “There is the theme park-”

“At this time?” Vanessa said cutting him off but Joongki ignored and kept talking “And there’s the arcade and other awesome restaurants” Again Vanessa cut him off by asking another question “Why an arcade and I just ate”

“Ya! I’m trying to help! Where do you want to go then huh? It’s really hard pleasing girls” Joongki muttered the last sentence and looked out the window clearly annoyed. Vanessa thought about the question he asked, ignoring the last sentence he muttered. Where did she want to go? Her mind went to a place she always wanted to go.

“Han River”

 

“Seriously, out of all places this?” Joongki asked while they were walking on the sidewalk with the bridge right next to them.”I always wanted to come here” Vanessa replied while pushing her glasses up as it was falling off. “But this isn’t something that big. I see this like nearly every day”

“Exactly, and this is my first time so just— Oh!” Vanessa was shocked at the sudden colour that burst out the sides of the bridge. Joongki was wondering why she would be so amazed by something like that but then being in her view it would be understandable. The way her eyes are glowing just because she saw something like this. Could she be any prettier? Joongki thought.

“What?”

“Huh?” Joongki replied.

“You have been staring at me. Is there something on my face?” she asked. Joongki didn’t know he was staring for that long. Telling you the truth what he was about to say next didn’t feel like he was actually saying it. “No, it’s just you look really pretty right now”

Vanessa didn’t know how to respond to that and just nodded while looking down. Joongki chuckled at how cute she was because of what he said. “No thanks?” he asked with a smile on his face.

“Umm thanks” Vanessa mumbled.