Chapter 6

How to Use Chopsticks

 

“Vanessa wake up” Luna said while she shook my arm. I looked up at her with my eyes half open “what are you doing in my room?” I asked her.

She laughed “Ya, we’re at school” I looked around and she was right we was. I just groaned and put my head back on the table. Luna shook her head “what happened to you anyway?” she asked while sitting down on her table next to me.

“You look terrible”

“Thanks. And I was trying to convince my mum to something all night long yesterday.” I said mumbling my words. “But it was worth it in the end” I tried to hide the growing smile on my face.

“What about?” she asked, “Long story” I replied. I didn’t want to tell Luna about me changing school and stuff.

As you can see all the hard work of begging paid off. I got my mum to let me go, I don’t even know why she got so worried over it. Even saying there are really bad people in that school. I’m a strong girl; I can take care of myself.

“Fair enough, hey can you come with me? I have to get something from my locker” she asked, I nodded and followed her out of the class. We arrived at her locker and she got her books out and closed her locker.

“So Vanessa as you’re from the states, do you listen to kpop?” she asked me out of the blue.

“Of course I do, even when I was in the states! Why are you suddenly asking?” I said.

“Pshh as if, I bet you just started listening to songs now” she said

“Ya, I'm not lying really!” I was getting annoyed now, why won’t she believe me. I took out my phone so I could show her the list of bands I had “okay let me prove-“I couldn’t even finish my sentence when I saw her running away and turning the corner towards our classroom.

“YA!” I ran after her but bumped into someone when I turned the corner, I lost my balance and was getting ready to fall but it never happened.

I opened my eyes.

His arms are around my waist stopping me from falling, and his face was just a few inches away from mine that I can feel his breath on my cheek “Jongsuk-shi” I gasp.

 

Jongsuk POV

While I was walking down the hall I noticed one of my class mates running pass me. Why is she in such a rush?

I turned the corner and bumped into someone. She lost her balance so I grabbed her before she could fall.

“Jongsuk-shi” she gasped when she said my name I noticed it was Vanessa. Yes I know what you might be thinking ‘how did I know her name?’ well she is in my class so what am I supposed to do.

After a while I noticed how close we got but why am I not letting go of her?

I looked at her eyes and noticed that they were really dark; I’ve never seen anyone with dark brown eyes like this before. I would even say that they were brown more like black.

 “AAAAHH” I dropped Vanessa when I heard someone scream, I looked up seeing Victoria and Krystal staring at us.

“Oppa what happened just now?!” she shouted “is it any of your business?” I said asked. Aish this girl is really starting to annoy me.

“Of course it is I'm your—it just does!” she said then she looked at Vanessa “and you!” she pointed at her “didn’t I tell you to stay away from him” she said.

Vanessa got off the floor dusting herself, and answered Victoria without looking at her or without trace of care on her face.

“Yes you did but it doesn’t mean I was going to listen to you.” she said back, I'm kinda shocked at the way she responded her. Most girls and even boys in the school are scared of Victoria. This is basically the first time I heard someone other than me talk to her in that way.

“LEE JONGSUK! How can you drop me?” Vanessa shouted...AT ME!

 

Vanessa’s POV

“LEE JONGSUK! How can you drop me?” I shouted, wait did he just jump a little bit?

“Are you really shouting at me?” he said giving me the scariest look I have ever seen.

“U-umm you know w-what I have someone to catch so umm bye!” I said before running off, “yah! Get back here!”