Chapter 10

How to Use Chopsticks

 

Maybe I got it wrong. Maybe he wasn’t trying to kiss me; maybe he was tired and started leaning in or something? I don’t know?!

I’ve been thinking about the night Jongsuk nearly kissed me...well I think he was going to. It just keeps replaying in my head on what would have happened if his phone didn’t ring?

“Aish! I don’t even know anymore” I said while messing up my hair and getting frustrated even more.

“Is this maths question that hard?” I looked over at Amber. She had an amused smile on her face. Why is she looking at me like that? I just signed and put my head on my table, maybe I had something on my face. Wait!

I straightened up on my seat. I probably did have something on my face on that night and he was just trying to get it off.

So you had something on your lips?

My conscience always seems to make things more difficult. I felt a pressure on my hand and saw Amber’s hand on it. “Can you seriously stop tapping your pencil it’s really annoying” she said.

“Sorry” I said and put my pen down.

RING~!

“There is the bell guys I hope you all have a good weekend you may leave” the teacher said while watching all the students pile out the class room. When Amber and I finished packing our stuff we walked out our classroom. We saw Joongki walking up to us “hey Vanessa you busy after school?” he asked while putting his arms around my shoulder.

“No I'm not why you asking?”

He winched when Amber slapped his arm off me “so you can come to the restaurant again, right?” he asked and rubbing his arm to soothe the pain Amber caused him to have.

“Actually—“

“Sure we’ll go” Amber said cutting me off. I swear these people always cut me off when I'm talking. And can’t I make my own decisions?

“Who invited you I asked her not you” he said

“You look weird with those glasses Vanessa. Do you normally wear them?” Amber asked while pulling me to the bus stop and ignoring Joongki. I looked at her “Do I? I thought it was okay” I said I token it off and looked at them. I’ve been wearing my glasses only when I come to this school so others wouldn’t recognise me, stupid I know but it’s worth a try.

“Oh! You look a bit different without them” I guess using it as a disguise does work.”But you look cute with it so keep it on” Joongki said taking the glasses of my hand and putting it back on for me with a smile on his face.

I looked over at Amber she was concentrating on her phone and the timetable for when the bus will arrive. If she saw how close Joongki was right now she would have probably kicked his face.

“Who were you hiding from yesterday?” Joongki asked bringing my attention back to him. I noticed that he was still standing close to me. “I wasn’t hiding and why are you so close?” I asked pushing him back. Instead of walking back he grabbed my hand and pulled me closer to him, “what are you doing?” I asked.

He smirked and brought his face closer to me.

What is he doing?!

“You at lying you know that” he whispered in my ears. I looked at him how did he know I was lying? I mean I’m not saying I’m really good at it but normally people would believe what I say. He took a few step back “you don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to, I got distracted by something else on that day” he said.

“By what?”

 “A fight” he said shrugging

“Who got involved?” I asked, maybe Jongsuk got into it or I could be wrong “Junhyung and some SOES student” he said.

“SOES?”

“Seoul Elite School, you know that school for rich kids down the road. That didn’t even say thank you when I helped him out” he scoffed

So Jongsuk got in a fight, what did he do to get himself into that? He doesn’t seem like the type of person to cause trouble like that. But then again I don’t know him that well to say that. “Hey you okay?” Joongki asked I just smiled and nodded.

“Guys! The bus is here” Amber called out for us.

 

Jongsuk’s POV

What would of happen if that phone didn’t ring? Would I of kissed her? Why was I going to kiss her?

I signed feeling frustrated about all of these thoughts. Why do I keep thinking about this? Most importantly her, ever since that day I couldn’t stop my mind from wandering to her. So annoying.

I walked out my front door to get some fresh air so I could clear my mind. “Oh oppa!”

I looked up and saw Victoria walk up to me with her dog. What about living here is that she lives just a block away. Telling you the truth nearly half the students in SOES lives here because of the huge houses.

I just nodded at her to signal out that I wasn’t in the mood to talk but obviously she didn’t catch that and walked towards me. “Oppa what are you doing out here?” she asked.

“I live here”

She giggled “No! It gets cold at night and stuff”

“I’m fine.” I looked up and saw Vanessa walking towards her house. She saw me and then looked at Victoria, she better not think anything about this. I watched her open the gate of her house and walked in her house.

I looked back at Victoria noticing she was talking to me. “But you know it doesn’t matter” she said. I looked at her with a confused facial expression “what are you talking about?” I asked.

“I told you I forgive you about the whole incident between you and Vanessa the other day” she said. Was I asking for forgiveness? Telling you the truth I don’t even care if she forgives me or not. If she stops talking to me than I would be happy but I can tell that won’t happen.

“Well I got to go now, Seeya on Monday oppa!” she said and walked off with her dog. I shook my head and walked towards my door but stopped. I looked back at Vanessa’s house and I soon found myself knocking on her door.

“Oh Jongsuk-shi what are you doing here?”

“Miss Yong? What are you doing here?” I asked

“I live here, have you forgotten or something?” she asked chuckling. Right I forgot she lived here, that explains why Vanessa was giving me food the other day. As my parents aren’t around all the time Miss. Yong sometimes takes care of me. But that means....

“Vanessa lives with you?!” I'm kind of shocked right now how did I not notice this? I feel like an idiot right now? I looked inside and saw Vanessa walking down the stairs. She saw me and walked toward us.

“What’s going on?” she asked

“Don’t worry, so Jongsuk what’s the problem?” Ms Yong asked.

“I...Umm…you know what don’t worry about it, I’ll see you on Monday” I said walking away. I don’t even know why I came here.

“Wait!” I stopped and turned around watching Vanessa walk towards me.

“H-how is your wound” she asked.

“Its fine...Umm thanks for umm treating it” I said, she just nodded.

There was an awkward silence and I was starting to feel uncomfortable.

“So you got in a fight with a Yang School student?” she asked

How did she know? Was that really her there?

“Yeah, how did you know?” I asked giving her a look “were you there?”

She shook her head “Ani. I was at home, I got told that a student at our school got in a fight with them” she said. I guess it wasn’t her then.

“I guess you should go back. You don’t want Victoria to be angry at you for getting a cold” she said with a smirk on her face.

“Were not together”

Her smirk slowly dropped “What?” she asked startled at what I said.

“Me and Victoria were not together” I don’t know why but I felt like I should clear that out right now before she misunderstands. She smiled “I know, I never said you were did I?”

I chuckled “well it looked like you were implying it” I said smirking

“Really?” she asked

Are we flirting?

I nodded at what she said “well don’t worry, I won’t misunderstand. Anyways I don’t think she’s your type” she said.

“And how do you know what type of girls I like?” I asked, she shrugged “I don’t know. She just doesn’t seem like the person that you would date, just saying”

“Well I better get going see you on Monday?” she asked I nodded and watched her walk back inside.