Chapter 11

How to Use Chopsticks

Naekkeo haja, naega neol saranghae, eo? naega neol geokjeonghae, eo?
Naega neol kkeut kkaji, chaekim jil ge~


 

I groaned turning my head away from my phone but that won’t stop my phone from ringing. I reached my hand out searching for my phone that was under my pillow without opening my eyes.

“Hello”

“Vanessa? Are you still sleeping?” it was Luna. Why is she calling me early in the morning?

“Yes and why are you calling so early?” I asked still keeping my eyes closed and laying my phone on my ear. I heard her chuckle on the other line “Ya it’s 1:30! This is not early” she said. 1:30 is very early for me when it’s the weekends.

“Unnie please get to the point~!” I whined.

“Arraso!” I winched when she shouted, waking me up even more “I was going to ask you if you want to come out” she asked.

“Hmm what time?”

“Now”

“No.”

“WAE!?” she shouted.

“I can’t get ready lets go at 3” I asked.

“We are going now. Bye!” she hung up. Aish so rude, I put my phone back under my pillow and signed. I was too lazy to get up right now. I mean I'm here in my bed in the warmth that my cover is giving me and Luna wants me to go out in the cold, cold world…..Maybe I should sleep a bit more.

Soon I felt myself going in to sleep until I felt my cover being pulled away from my body.

“SO COOLLLDDD” I whined pulling my body in a ball and putting my pillow over my head to shield me away from the sun.

“Oh my gosh you’re so lazy get up!”

That voice…..

“Luna?” I mumbled.

“Yes now get up” she said pulling my arms making me sit up. I looked at her confusedly.

Wasn’t I talking to her just a few minutes ago?

“How did you get in my house?” I asked.

“Your stepmom opened the door for me. And by the way thanks for telling me that Miss. Yong is your stepmom!” she said sarcastically.

“Aish you’re loud” I said while covering my ears with my hands. I really don’t want this in the morning….afternoon.

“Aren't you going to ask how I knew where you live?” she asked

“I rather not” I said while walking to the bathroom. I don’t think I want to know how she found out where I lived. I think it would probably scare me. After I got myself ready, I wore a grey tank top and an oversized sleeve knit top with shorts on and my blue converse.

I told my mum that where we were going and headed out, waiting for the bus.

While we were talking I was thinking about telling Luna about me going to Yang School. But when I was about to tell her she gasped and was staring at something. I looked at her weirdly and followed her gaze.

I looked behind me and saw Jongsuk walking toward us. Before I could say hi to him Luna dragged me in the bus when it arrived.

I looked outside the window and saw him walking past the bus.

“Oh I guess he wasn’t going to take it” I heard Luna say with disappointment in her voice.

We soon arrived at the mall and start looking around. Guilt was making me wanting to tell Luna about the whole school thing again, should I tell her now?

“Hey Luna”

“Hmm” she said while looking through the rack of clothes.

“Umm I have something to tell you” I said

This time she looked at me.

“Well I—“Oh no.

“Well what?”

“Well I need the toilet be right back!” I said running out the shop.

Oh no!!! Why is she here?! No not now! Not now! Not now!

“Vanessa!”

I stopped walking and turned around while putting on a tight smile “Amber, what are you doing here?” I asked her.

She shrugged “Just searching for my mum’s birthday present, you?”

“M-me just walking around, getting used to things and stuff” I said laughing awkwardly. She looked at me weirdly but let it slide.

“Whatever. Anyways want to join? We can get something to eat later” she asked

“M-mwo?”

“Good lets goo~” she said while dragging me away with her. I looked behind me at the shop that Luna was in. she was to focused with her shopping to notice me right now. “Let’s go in here” Amber said. Amber and I looked through things her mother might like but we still couldn’t find a thing, apparently she is a picky woman.

I started fidgeting wondering if Luna is okay. “Hey Amber I’ll be right back I just have to go look at something” I said, she nodded when she looked away I started running. I ran back to the 1st floor where Luna was and ran into the shop.

“What took you so long” she asked when she saw me

“Line” I replied

She nodded like that was all she needed to know what I was talking about.

The whole back and forth thing kept going until Luna bought the things she wanted and Amber finally got her mum’s present. Right now I was with Luna walking towards the exit but my mind kept telling me I forgot something.

“Vanessa?”

Luna turned around and saw Amber. “Omo! You’re that girl that goes to Yang High School” Luna said while pointing at Amber.

Amber scratched her head “Seems like I’m getting popular” she said to herself. Amber looked at me “And you! Where are you going? I was thinking that we should go see Joongki” Amber said to me.

Luna looked at me and then at Amber.

“Y-you know her?” she asked.

I guess I have to tell them.