Chapter 7

How to Use Chopsticks

 

“Sir?”

“Yes Luna?”

“Vanessa seems to not be…here?” Luna said wondering where her friend was. The teacher looked up from his book and looked at the empty seat next to Luna, “I know, she won’t be joining us today” he said looking back at his book.

“What?!” everyone turned their head to Jongsuk; he awkwardly coughed and looked the other way acting like he didn’t say a thing. The teacher raised his eyebrow “this doesn’t mean she left the school, she’s just not joining us on Thursdays and Fridays” he replied to Jongsuk’s outburst.

“So where is she then?” Luna asked.

-----

I sighed, sorry Luna I’ll tell you when I don’t forget.

 I giggled at my thought and looked up the school “well here I go” I said and pumping my fist up the air. I entered the school and got my schedule and got leaded to my class and walked in.

“Oh that’s right, Class!” said the teacher trying to get everyone’s attention when she saw me. “This is our new student, how about you introduce yourself” she said. I was about to speak when someone cut me off “Miss Lee I don’t think she’s able to speak Korean” said a girl I looked at her and realised it was that girl from that day what’s here name again oh yeah Amber.

“Actu-“

“You’re probably right mm maybe that’s why she only attends school on Thursdays and Fridays” the teacher said muttering the last bit to herself. “Well this is Vanessa so please be nice to her, Vanessa why don’t you sit next to Amber. Amber please raises your hands”.

She’s asking you to sit next to me” Amber said in English.

Yes I know.

So we meet again let me introduce myself properly this time. Hi I’m Amber Liu” she said while I sat next to her. I shook her hand and smiled “I’m Vanessa well I guess you already know my name” I decided to just speak English to her to see how long it will take for her to realize I can actually speak Korean.

Haha I'm so evil.

“Guys I will be right back just have to get something from the office” the teacher said while sorting her papers on her desk before leaving the room, but a second later she walked back in the classroom. “When I come back I better not smell smoke again, you got that?” she said while looking at one particular person at the back of the room. Right after she gave her warning she left the room.

Straight away everyone got up and sat on tables, walked across the room to speak to their friends. The guy that Miss. Lee was kind of threatening got up and got out a pack of cigarettes out of his pocket and lit one up while walking to a person with glasses on.

“Ya, Dongho were you the one who told Miss Lee that I was the one smoking in the class?” asked the guy raising his right eyebrow up.

“J-Junhyung hyung I didn’t say anything I swear” Dongho I guess that’s the guys name said to Junhyung?

At the corner of my eyes I noticed Amber getting up “where you going?” I asked but she ignored me and walked towards them.

She isn’t….is she?

Junhyung threw his cigarette on the floor and stepped on it and suddenly grabbed Dongho’s collar making him stand up. Everyone in the class got quite and looked at the scene that was happening right now.

Aren’t they going to help?

“Junhyung, why do you always cause trouble?”

Junhyung smirked at the sound of that voice; it’s like he knew who it was without looking. He shoved Dongho back on his seat and looked at Amber “does it really look like I cause trouble humph I never notice” Junhyung said cockily and not losing that smirk on his face.

I looked over at Amber and telling you the truth I wish I didn’t she looked kind of scary, I swear I saw her eyes turn red with anger?!

“Leave Dongho alone from now on and plus I was the one who told miss. Lee” Amber said

Junhyung scoffed “and what if I don’t leave him alone, I don’t even understand how you are getting involved in all this” he replied.

“He’s my class mate of course I'm involved in this”

“And what can you do exactly? You’re just a girl” he said poking her forehead. Right when he did that Amber grabbed his wrist and twisted his arm making him face his back towards her. “Junhyung seriously how long have you known me you idiot? Have you not realized I'm not just an ordinary girl?” with that she pushed him causing him to bang his knee on the teacher’s desk.

“Leave Dongho alone okay” she said pointing at him like a mother.

Wow

“Thank you noona” Dongho said to Amber, she just shrugged it off like a cool person and sat back down on her seat.

Amber looked at me realising I was staring at her. “What? Is my hair a mess?” Your hair? You’re asking about your hair?!

“No-“I cleared my throat because it came out squeaky “No it’s fine” I said.

She looked at me weirdly but still fixed her hair. After a few minutes someone announced that miss. Lee was on her way back. Everyone quickly got back to their seat and got out some books acting like they were studying while she left.

Miss. Lee walked in the class room and smiled totally oblivious about everything, oh and one of the students got rid of the smoking smell with febreze…yes febreze. “Ahh this is what I wanted to see, all you kids studying and wor-“miss. Lee stopped talking when something caught her eyes.

Okay is it me or am I seeing to many weird things because right now there is like a weird black shadow that’s surrounding miss. Lee.

“Yong Junhyung” she said, Junhyung looked up at her and I think he saw that black shadow as well from the look of his eyes. Cause right now he looked very scared.

“D-de?” he stuttered.

“GET. OUT!” everyone jumped from her outburst. “When will my message get through your thick head? I told you not to smoke!” she shouted

“B-but I didn’t” he said shaking now.

This teacher reminds me of someone……..

I looked at Amber.

She scoffed “you didn’t? Then what is that?!” miss. Lee picked up the cigarette bud off the floor.

“What am I going to do with you? Why can’t you just listen to the simplest instruction huh?”

While I was watching Junhyung get scold I started smiling

I think I’m going to enjoy it here.