Chapter 5

How to Use Chopsticks

“And here is where I like to hang out” Luna said. We were standing in front of a big oak tree near the school building. Luna sat down on the grass and leaned on the tree, I sat next to her.

“So who were those two girls a minute ago?” I asked

“Those girls are the so called queenka’s” Luna answered while rolling her eyes.

“Does Queenka mean Queen or something?” I still didn’t understand so I had to ask and it seemed like I was right when I saw Luna nodding her head.

“Those es think they can just take over everything in this school! Aish” she said while getting something out of her bag.

 I was kinda shocked that she swore, I mean she just seemed so innocent when I first saw her…..I think I’ll like her. Luna took out a pack of pockys and gave me some and I gladly took it, out of nowhere two girls walked up to us.

“Omo look at this! Luna has a friend?” one of them said, the other scoffed “she’ll leave her soon” then they both smirked. I looked over at Luna and saw her looking down at her lap. Where did her confident side just go?

“Anyways you know how we have to give in our homework in two days, we want you to do it” the tall one said before Luna could say anything the other one cut her off “and make sure they don’t look the same okay” and with that they turned around.

I watched them walk away in disbelieve and then turned towards Luna, she was slowly putting their work in her bag. I grabbed her wrist and snatched the papers out of her hand.

“YA!”

The two girls halted and turned around watching me walk toward them.

“She’s not doing your homework.” I stated. Is this how these rich kids act in this school? I mean come on how can they expect someone else to do their homework? How old are they?!

“Excuse me?” one of them asked

“I'm pretty sure I'm speaking Korean I told you she isn’t doing your homework and I'm going to make sure of it. Now I would like you to go to Luna and apologize” I said pointing at Luna. They didn’t move and just stared at me.

“Why are you still standing here go!” I said, they walked up to Luna and apologized, Luna seems a bit out of it as well and nodded at them and I let them go.

I sat back down next to Luna “you know you didn’t seem like the person to just let them do that to you” I said while munching on a pocky.

“Those es” I chocked on the pocky and looked at Luna. What the heck is she bipolar or something?

“Who do they think they are pshh like I was going to do it. GO TO HELL!” Luna shouted the last bit. What’s going on?

She noticed that I was staring.

“What?” she asked acting like nothing happened.

“Okay, at first you’re all shy and innocent then you’re all cool and fun. Next thing you know your shouting and swearing, are you bipolar or something?!” I asked getting confused. Who would of guess that my first friend in this new school would be someone with a personality issue, not like I don’t mind.

Telling you the truth I think I’m like that….

Luna put a strand of hair behind her ear while looking up “telling you the truth I don’t know why I'm showing you this side of me” she said now turning towards me.

“Normally I keep it to myself but if you don’t like it I understand you can leave” she said with a straight face.

I blinked at her “now why would I leave such an intresting person?” I said with a smile, she looked kinda shocked.

“What I need some excitement in my life and that’s what I'm looking for being your friend won’t be bad. But it would be for you, I'm a big hand full.” I said giggling, she smiled.

“I guess we’ll be friends from now on”

“Yes we will”

 

After school

I walked in the schools reception office and walked towards the front desk “umm do you know where the head teachers’ office is?” I asked with a smile on my face, the receptionist showed me and I walked in it without knocking.

“Hello mother!” I said hugging her.

“Why are you acting this way?” she asked while peeling me off her.

“I made a friend today” I said sitting on the couch that was in her office.

“Really that’s good, oh Vanessa can you do something for me?” she asked me.

“Sure, what is it?”

“Here” she handed me a bag with had my clothes in it; I looked at her with a confused facial expression.

“Am I getting kicked out or something?” I asked.

“Don’t be stupid. I just want you to change out of your uniform because you’ll be going to that school we passed last time and give a letter to the head teacher there.” she said, I gave her a okay sign and went to change.

“You even took my glasses?” I asked when I was fully clothed in my normal clothes.

“Here you go” my mum gave me the letter and direction and I was on my way.

While I was walking I saw Jongsuk so I ran towards him causing my glasses to fall. I picked it up not bothering to put it back on and went to catch up to him.

“Hello Jongsuk-shi”

“Didn’t I tell you t- wait how did you know my name?” he asked me I just taped my nose “secret~”

“Jeongmallo you’re really annoying” he said, he started walking fast and I was trying to keep up with him.

“Ya wait up” I said, he stopped why did he stop?

“Are you following me?” he asked giving me a suspicious look.

Oh my gosh déjà vu.

I shook my head “aniyo. Why the hell would I follow you, for your information I am going somewhere” I said.

“Where?”

I pointed to the school behind him “now if you’ll excuse me I'm busy, annyeong!” I said while crossing the street. I took out my glasses and cleaned the lenses and finally putted it back on.

I walked in the building still seeing students inside it, “aren’t they finished?” I mumbled.

“WATCH OUT!” I looked up and bang I was on the floor……WITH A GUY ON TOP OF ME!!!

“Are you okay?” he asked I just nodded at him, I gasp when I realized he came closer to my face.

“Omo you’re the girl from yesterday!” he said, I looked at his face properly, “oh you’re the guy from the restaurant” I said smiling but then I realized the position that we still was in. “Umm do you mind?” I asked. “Oh sorr—“.

“SONG JOONGKI WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR DOING!!!”Someone shouted. The guy on top of me looked stiff just by hearing that voice.

“Are you-“before I could even finish up my sentence he flew of me and I mean he literally flew of me.  I looked to my left seeing a girl with short blond hair looking quite angry…..did she kick him?

She looked at me and I quickly sat up off the floor. She was kinda scary with that look on her face but she quickly softens and held both my hands out “you poor little girl are you okay? Did that guy touch you?” she asked in English.

You speak English?” I asked she nodded at response “yah! How can a girl kick so hard” said a person, we turned our head to the voice “Joongki you should know I’m not an ordinary girl” the girl said to the guy named Joongki, he scoffed at her.

“Plus you were harassing her and of course I should help someone that can’t even speak Korean” I was about to tell her that I could speak Korean when Joongki cut me off “HARASS?! Someone was about to hit her with a stupid ball and I saved her” he argued back.

“I thinks you’re lying” she said turning her head away from him, “well I think your being stupid Amber” he said.

“MWO?! DID YOU JUST CALL ME STUPID” Amber I guess that’s her name shouted at him and it went back and forth. I came out of the trance when my phone vibrated it was a text message from my mum

‘Vanessa, hurry up so we can go home.’

I looked up at the two people arguing with each other “umm I have to go so bye” I said, I don’t even think they heard me.

I left the school when I finished up the task my mum gave me and walked back to my school to meet up with her there. We got in the car and drove home while we were in the car we past that school again; you know that school is more fun than the one I'm going to.

Then an idea popped up “I want to change schools” my mum hit the brakes when those words came out. “Are you trying to kill us?!” I shouted

“Why do you want to change schools?!” my mum asked and stared driving the car again.

I shrugged “I don’t know I just want some excitement in my life. Anyways you don’t need to look for a school I already found one” I said.

“You planed this didn’t you” she sighed “what about your friend? You can’t just ditch her?” she got a point, leaving Luna like that would be horrible and I really like her as well.

“Wait does this mean your letting me change schools?” I asked.

“Only on one condition” I looked at her to continue while she parked the car outside our garage “you’ll go to both school”.

“I what?” I replied not getting where she is going with this “you’ll go to the school you want to go on Thursday and Fridays only, deal?” she asked and got out the door walking toward the front door which me following her. I thought about it for a while and decided to take the chance while I still have it.

“What do you want for dinner?” she asked.

“Anything is fine and okay I will take your offer” I said.

“Good so what’s that school’s name that you want to go to” she asked while taking the pan out of the oven. “The one you sent me to” I said she dropped the pan on the floor and looked at me with rounded eyes “michyeosseo?!”