Events After Midnight

Little Bang

Jung Ah’s POV

It was currently five minutes to midnight.  I was frantically pacing around the dorm as Dae Sung, Seung Ri, Young Bae, and their manager sat on the couch.  Ji Yong and Seung Hyun had not yet returned from their attempt at chasing after Eun Joo and 2AM.

“I hope nothing happened to them...” I mumbled, feeling paranoid that all kinds of bad things had happened to the two missing members.

“I’m sure Ji Yong and Seung Hyun wouldn’t do anything stupid,” Seung Ri stated softly in an attempt to comfort me.

“Ahaha, I’m not sure if I can say that for Ji Yong, but Seung Hyun, sure.” Young Bae joked.  I laughed lightly before knocking could be heard at our door.  Big Bang’s manager hurried over to open it.

“Ji Yong, Seung Hyun...  You two are back!” The manager had a relieved smile on his face as he patted the two of them on the back.  Ji Yong appeared to be annoyed as he kicked off his shoes and stormed off to his room.  Seung Hyun sighed.

“What’s up with Ji Yong?” I asked.  If looks could kill...

“Ah well...” Seung Hyun began with a slight grimace.  “We weren’t able to catch up to Eun Joo or 2AM.  They left in a fancy imported car.  Ji Yong and I struggled to catch up; in the end, it was impossible.” Seung Hyun sighed.  “It’s kind of hard to catch up to a car, you know?”

Dae Sung smiled.  “It’s okay, don’t be depressed or anything!  At least the two of you are safe!”

Young Bae looked at the clock on the wall.  “It’s getting late.  We should get to bed.  Besides, Jung Ah...  Don’t you have a press conference to handle tomorrow with Wooyoung?”

---

Seung Hyun’s POV

2PM’s Wooyoung.  Should I consider him a rival?  I mean, Jung Ah is going to pretty herself up tomorrow morning just to go to a press conference with him...  Does she like him or something?  Oh my gosh, what if the press conference is being held to announce their engagement!  What if Jung Ah’s pregnant with his child or something?  Dang it, I bet Wooyoung’s blackmailing Jung Ah, that’s what it is!  Or maybe-

“Yah, Seung Hyun, what are you still doing up?”

I turned around to see who had interrupted my thoughts.  It was Ji Yong, who was now joining me out on the deck.

“I could ask you the same thing.  It’s 2 in the morning.” I replied casually.

“Ugh...” Ji Yong sighed as he messed with his hair.  “Don’t bring up 2AM right now.”

Oh right...  2 in the morning = 2AM.

“Do you want to turn back into being a full-time adult that badly?” I asked him.

Ji Yong looked at me as if I was crazy.  “Of course I do.  I don’t like being stuck in a childish body.  It makes me feel immature and irresponsible...  Especially as the leader of Big Bang.”

“Hm,” Wait a minute...  Maybe...  Maybe Ji Yong blames himself for what happened?  “Ji Yong...  Do you blame yourself for us being turned into kids?”

Ji Yong didn’t answer me.

“Ji Yong, you know it wasn’t your fault.”

“I know that, hyung.  I know, but I still can’t help feeling like I should have been able to prevent it from happening.” Ji Yong clenched his fists and gritted his teeth in anger (and, probably, self-disappointment).

Not knowing what to say to Ji Yong, I changed the subject.  “Ji Yong, do you want to know why I want to become a full-time adult again?

“Why?”

“I think I like Dae Sung’s cousin.  I think I like Kang Jung Ah.” The words I spoke hung in the air as an awkward silence ensued.  After a minute or two, Ji Yong went back inside.

“I’m hungry...” he grumbled as he walked into the kitchen.

Did I say something bad?

I shrugged to myself and yawned.  I looked at my cell phone.  It read 2:45.

---

Jung Ah’s POV

It was now five in the morning.  I hadn’t been able to get a wink of sleep.  All of today’s events couldn’t stop repeating in my head.  It was as if my memories of today were one endless video on loop.  Tired of my current state of insomnia, I sighed and walked out into the living room.  I was planning on drinking some milk or anything else that could aid my sleep, when I noticed someone sitting on the couch.  It was Ji Yong.

“Hey,” I waved.  Ji Yong looked up at me before returning his attention to the television.  So...  Ignoring me are you?

Annoyed at Ji Yong’s lack of response, I walked over and sat down beside him to see what he was currently watching.  It was a rerun of Star King that I remembered seeing a week or so ago online.

“Why are you sitting next to me?” Ji Yong suddenly asked as the winner of the Star King episode was revealed.  It was the contortionist/b-boy.

“Why can’t I sit next to you?” I retorted.  Ji Yong stared at me for a few seconds, making me feel a bit uncomfortable, before turning his attention back to the screen.

“Suit yourself,” he mumbled.

---

Ji Yong’s POV

It was currently six in the morning.  Jung Ah, who had been sitting next to me, was now awfully quiet.  The Star King episode I had been watching before had ended (the dude won for the second time in a row) and I had switched to KBS to watch Star Golden Bell.

But I wasn’t really paying attention to the television.  Instead, I was thinking over what Seung Hyun had said before.

“I think I like Dae Sung’s cousin.  I think I like Kang Jung Ah.”

Something about that statement bothered me, but I couldn’t quite put my finger on it.  Suddenly, I felt something on my shoulder.  I looked to my right and found Jung Ah resting her head on my shoulder.  I felt my face heat up before realizing Jung Ah had fallen asleep.  I brought my hand up to her face, and without thinking, I brushed a strand of hair away from her face.

“I think I like Dae Sung’s cousin.  I think I like Kang Jung Ah.”

Maybe...  I like this Kang Jung Ah girl too?

...

Nah, that’s impossible.

I chuckled to myself as I carried her to Dae Sung’s room.  As I lowered her onto the bed, she grabbed onto my shirt and a single tear escaped from beneath her eyelid.

“Omma...  Appa...”

Just as soon as that tear flowed down her cheek, her hand went limp from my shirt.

“Jung Ah...” I whispered softly.  I hesitated before turning around and walking out of the room.  As much as I felt like staying beside her after seeing her shed a tear, I knew Dae Sung would probably beat me up if he caught me in the same room as her.

... You know, a room with a bed in it.  Who knows what kind of crazy scenario Dae Sung would come up with?

I mean really, I wouldn’t do anything.

After all, I don’t like her.

... Right?


Author's Note: Expect slow and sporadic updates, heheh...  School started up for me a few weeks ago and I have to start focusing on apps and such... OTL

As always, comments and criticisms are always welcome~  And thank you to my subscribers for staying subscribed, heheh~