7 - 2 - 1 = 4 Kids Left Alone

Little Bang

Jung Ah’s POV

“WHAT?  GO OUT?” exclaimed all the Big Bang members at once, plus the manager.

Ji Yong sneered, “Wooyoung must have weird taste to want to go out on a date with you.”

I hit Ji Yong's head with the back of my hand before shaking my head.  “He’s not asking me on a date.  Apparently, JYP wants him to hold a press conference where we publically announce that we’re dating so that it doesn’t seem like he’s just going out with a random fan girl.”  I sighed.  “He wants me to meet with him to discuss specifics, like where the press conference will be held and when.”

Seung Hyun looked at me curiously.  “So it’s all going to be fake?”

I nodded in response.

“That’s a relief.” Seung Hyun and Dae Sung both sighed in unison.

“Why do you think it’s a relief?” Dae Sung asked Seung Hyun.

The little boy being questioned blushed.  “No reason.”  Before I could figure out why indeed Seung Hyun was blushing, the manager’s phone rang again.

“Is it Wooyoung?” asked Ji Yong.

“Nah, it’s Shin Eun Joo, the private investigator, remember?” Their manager quickly flipped open his phone.  “Yuhbuhsaehyo?  Ah, yes, this is Big Bang’s manager.” He quickly left and then returned with a satisfied smile on his face.  “Eun Joo-sshi says she has found out who the perpetrator is!  She wants me to go and meet with her at a lab so that she can show me the results.”

“Ooh, a lab!” Seung Ri beamed.  “Can I go too?”

Our manager shrugged in response. “Sure, why not.” He looked over at the other Big Bang members.  “Are you guys alright staying by yourselves here?  Seeing as how Dae Sung’s cousin is leaving to meet up with Wooyoung, I’m worried about leaving four kids here unsupervised.”

---

Seung Hyun’s POV

“We’re not kids...” Ji Yong pouted while sticking out his tongue.  “We’ll be fine.”

The manager laughed at the irony before smiling at him, showing a toothy grin.  Then he turned to Young Bae, Dae Sung, and I.  “Now anyone who I can trust?”

I saw Ji Yong grumbling out of the corner of my eye.

“We’ll be fine.  We may look like kids on the outside, but mentally we’re still fully grown adults.” Young Bae answered back with a reassuring pat on our manager’s knee.  “You can trust us.  We can take care of ourselves.”

Our manager gave the four of us a look.  “Alright, you four take care of yourselves.  Seung Ri and I will go and meet with Eun Joo-sshi.”  He turned over to Jung Ah.  “Have fun meeting Wooyoung.”  And with that said, he held Seung Ri’s hand and left the apartment like a father leading his child.

Jung Ah stretched her arms towards the ceiling before sighing.  “Well, I’m off.  I’ll see you all later after I figure things out with Wooyoung.”

“Wait!” I said, holding out my palm like a stop sign.  I hurriedly ran to my room and came back while dropping something off in Jung Ah’s outstretched hands.

“Is this what I think it is?” Jung Ah asked with a raised eyebrow.  I had just given her a can of pepper spray.

“Oh you know, just in case some weird person assaults or you.” I stated casually with a shrug.  “We won’t be able to protect you, so I can only hope this pepper spray is enough.”

Jung Ah smirked.  “You’re so cute sometimes, Seung Hyun.” She ruffled my hair once and then left to go meet Wooyoung.

---

Young Bae’s POV

After Dae Sung’s cousin left, Seung Hyun continued standing like a tree rooted to its spot.  I swear, that dude is so transparent sometimes.  Anyone with eyes can see that he's crushing on her.

“Yah, Choi Seung Hyun, stop standing there like an idiot and sit down with the rest of us.” Ji Yong shouted as he patted the spot on the sofa next to him.

I guess everyone but Ji Yong can see that Seung Hyun likes Jung Ah.  It’s interesting seeing as how Ji Yong seems to sort of like Jung Ah too.  I mean, the guy ripped his bagel in half when Jung Ah revealed Wooyoung had “asked her out.”  If that isn’t jealousy, I don’t know what is.  I can’t help but feel like I’m caught in the middle of a drama where Ji Yong, Seung Hyun, and Jung Ah are the main characters.  Dae Sung’s the protective older brother character.  I am...  I am...

I’m not quite sure what my spot in the drama would be.

“Young Bae, stop spacing out!  Let’s all put our heads together and figure out something to do while those three are away!” Ji Yong yelled, interrupting my thoughts.

I’ll probably figure out my role later.

And Ji Yong needs to stop yelling so much.  I mean, he can be jealous of Jung Ah meeting up with Wooyoung while being quiet, can’t he?

---

Jung Ah’s POV

Wooyoung had asked me to meet up with him at 2PM’s dorm.  As the taxi I was in drove closer and closer to the building, I could see a large mass of fan girls (and the occasional fan boys) surrounding the building with 2PM posters and banners.  It was quite the spectacle.  After paying the taxi driver, I got out and my ears were immediately bombarded with screams.

“AH!  THAT’S THE GIRL FROM THE NEWS!”

“WHAT?”

“THAT’S WOOYOUNGIE’S GIRL!”

“OH MY GOSH!  YOU’RE KIDDING!”

“THAT LUCKY MOTHER FUC-”

Alright then, it seems like wearing sunglasses and a hat didn’t hide my identity one bit.  As the fan girls (and fan boys) glared at me, I hurriedly ran inside to a cacophony of whispers.  Once inside the building, I somehow managed to bump into Jaebum.

“Yah...  Watch where you’re going, girl.” he mumbled as he brushed imaginary dust off his shirt.

“I’m so sorry.  I was too busy running from rabid fan girls to pay attention to where I was going.” I snorted.  “By the way, could you tell me where your dorm is?”

Jaebum suddenly clapped his hands.  “That’s right, I forgot.  The whole reason I’m even down in the lobby here is to meet up with you and show you to our dorm.”  Jaebum started walking forward.  “Just follow behind me.  If it weren’t for Wooyoung asking me to help, I wouldn’t bother doing this.  Be thankful,”

This guy...  This guy deserves a smack to the head.  Aiiish...

---

Seung Ri’s POV

“Are you sure the private investigator called you to meet her here?  None of the buildings here look very lab-like...” My voice trailed off as I observed our surroundings.  Currently, the manager and I were in a rundown part of Seoul.  All around us were dilapidated buildings, broken down homes, etc.

“This is the address Eun Joo-sshi gave me.  Maybe she’s not a very wealthy private investigator.” He replied with a shrug of his shoulders.  Suddenly, in the distance, a silhouette resembling a woman’s was visible.  “Hey, maybe that’s her over there!  EUN JOO-SSHI!  EUN JOO-SSHI!”

The silhouette came closer, revealing itself to be Eun Joo-noona indeed.  “Hello Big Bang’s manager.  I see you brought the smart one with you.”

“Smart one” referring to me, I suppose.

“I wanted to see your lab.” I responded with a timid smile.

“Oh...  Really...  That's a shame.  Maybe some other day.” Eun Joo replied with a mysterious smile.  With a snap of her fingers, tough-looking men appeared behind us and gagged us with napkins.

Then...  Everything went black.