Past

Hey! Anonymous
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seated on the driver's seat, Tiffany examined and caressed her now crimson eye; she frowned, seeing how horrid she looked and thought of a way to cover up the enormous bruise on her face. She urgently scoured over her car compartments in search for her favourite pair of sunglasses; once found she wore it in a jiffy to avoid getting seen by civilians passing by. "Oh God, Sooyoung is definitely going to call me out for this" she said.

 

She looked at her watch to check the time; she panicked as she was running late for the scheduled photo shoot. 

Tiffany was in pain and running late for work thanks to a stumblebum.  Knowing Sooyoung's stance on tardiness, Tiffany is certain that the latter will give her a tough day by lecturing her about the importance of being on time. What makes it worse is her friend's big mouth and never ending bickering that annoys the crap out of her.

 

Way to start off the day, Tiffany thought to herself, as she stepped on the gas a little harder, accelerating through the highway; running extremely late for work.

 

 

"Yuri? Why are you here?" Sooyoung's eyes widened her face blanched as if seeing a ghost. She watched as the tanned girl enter the studio with great difficulty; walking in an unusual gait while holding a huge white box in hand.

 

 

Sooyoung pretended to occupy herself by fixing the light equipments in the studio. She did not expect to see the Yuri again. Absolutely not after the day Tiffany and Yuri broke up, which left Tiffany completely heart broken.

 

 

She cannot forget the days and nights she spent comforting the crying Tiffany. All the wailing, all the tears and as well as the lack of sleep just to listen to her best friend vent and talk trash about Yuri all night. And the fact that depression and self-condemnation caused Tiffany to eat excessively; almost wiping out Sooyoung's weekly food stash - which she hated the most above anything else.

 

Tiffany was a mess and the girl in front of her was the reason why.

 

Sooyoung was beyond vexed, she's furious and wanted to teach the girl in front of her a lesson. She wanted to tell the girl off, to tell her how much Tiffany cried herself to sleep and how hard it was to always see Tiffany zoning out and looking at a distance, with deep thoughts in mind.

 

She wanted to give the tanned girl a good beating for making her best friend such an awful wreck but she knew it will only make matters worse even more so that they have already officially broken up. 

 

Even though it had already been over 3 months, Sooyoung is still a little skeptical about whether or not Tiffany still had lingering thoughts and feelings for Yuri.

 

Because after a month of the break up, Tiffany never really talked about any of it, she no longer cried and seemed to have gotten over the separation. She spent most of her time outside alone, taking pictures of almost everything. And so, Sooyoung assumed that Tiffany was doing fine but was never really sure if she actually was.

 

 

"What are you doing here?" Sooyoung asked; busying herself by organizing the sample photographs scattered on the table.

 

 

"I dropped by Tiffany's apartment earlier but nobody was there, I was hoping to find her here, but-" Yuri explained cutting herself off and placed the box on the ground.

 

 

"She'll be here soon but I don't know if it's a good idea for you to wait for her" Sooyoung said, sounding a bit snobbish. She then eyed the box on the ground, labeled with a black marker Steph's Culinary Stuff.

 

 

"Oh, alright I'll leave this here then, I better get going" Yuri, gave Sooyoung a soft smile her head hanging lower than normal.

 

 

"Tch, what a " Sooyoung rolled her eyes, witnessing how Yuri heaved a deep sigh of relief and promptly sped away from the studio's driveway.

 

 

Tiffany turned her right signal on, indicating that she was about to turn right after the stop light. Just when she was about to accelerate a white BMW Z4 passed from the other side of the lane her heart sank after seeing a glimpse of Yuri. It had been a little over 3 months ever since the last time she saw her but she never knew seeing the girl now would be this painful.

 

/beep/

 

Tiffany flinched at the sound of the honk thst was obviously directed at her making her snap back to reality. She stepped on the gas and sped away - her heart and mind now clouded.

 

 

"Good morning Tiff!" Sooyoung greeted with a little too much enthusiasm.

 

Tiffany replied with a smile, raising a hand in a greeting before placing the breakfast she bought a while ago on the table.

 

 

"Soo, are you hungry?"

 

 

"Starving! But what's up with the sunglasses?" Sooyoung asked with sincere curiosity

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter