Skyscrapers

Hey! Anonymous
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

/Flashback/

 

A 14 year old Taeyeon stared on the floor as she hurriedly walked through an elated crowd that gradually paved the way for her; while speaking in a language she’s entirely unfamiliar of.

 

 

“Young Miss!!” two tall men in black suits called out for her

 

 

She looked up momentarily; looking from left to right as she stared at the unfamiliar faces greeting and pointing at her. She might as well refer to them as aliens, she thought as she once again looked down to hide her face from the people who are continuously making her feel uncomfortable.  

 

 

“What do you plan to do Young Miss?” the man in a black suit asked her.

 

 

“I want to go walk outside and take photos..” Taeyeon uttered as she reached out for her pocket-size camera.

 

 

“You rebelliously left the conference without notice, the Chairman will be disappointed Young Miss”

 

 

“I know” she whispered in the most daunting tone

 

 

Taeyeon looked up to observe the grandiose skyscrapers that towered her, the signs that protruded on the sides of the building lit up one after another as the night wore on.  With a smile on her face, she shut her eyes close and began to relish the city that besieged her.

 

 

She wanted to seize the moment as she figured that once she gets back home she will be succumbing in the bosom of her bed in silence as she waits for the morning to draw in.

 

 

 

“You need to stop acting like a hermit; I worked extremely hard to expand our corporate group for your sake Taeyeon and the least you can do for me is to network with those people”

 

 

“I know that you’re still young and you probably can’t grasp everything I tell you about our business but do know that one day, you will be taking over all of this. And I’m going to tell you right now that it is a huge responsibility that requires a spirited performance”

 

 

“Appa, I’m s-sorry..” Taeyeon stammered.

 

 

~

 

Taeyeon wakes up with breakfast already made, her clothes prepared, and the driver waiting outside to drive her to school. She comes home with dinner on the table and a housemaid ready to clean up after her. And so she claims that there was nothing to complain about yet at the same time she still feels discontented and uncared for.  

 

 

She is not a recluse who shuns society like her father claimed her to be, she just prefers being by herself, she doesn’t like too much attention and she dislikes interacting with strangers as she feels as though people act pretentious towards her only because they want to please her father.

 

 

Transitioning from Seoul to Yokohama, Japan wasn't an easy feat. It's dreadful enough that Seoul is a city that mostly consists of entrepreneurs networking and running a global monopoly. Yokohama, on the other hand is just a tad bit different. There are still an obvious uprising industry of global-market corporations however, there was just something particularly distinct about the city itself - the sense of neutrality. Oddly enough, Taeyeon finds desolation and peace in a bustling and contemporary city like, Yokohama. 

 

 

~

 

 

Sometimes when staying at home is suffocating and unbearable she sneaks out to go outside to wander around the city she's still unaccustomed to. Of course her two peculiar bodyguards always finds a way to track her down and they always end up following her from afar.  

 

Taeyeon is fond of buildings and architectural infrastructures, just looking at them gives her a sense of perplexity that tests every single inch of her knowledge. She admires Yokohama's skyscrapers, Taeyeon believes that the higher and elevated the building is the deeper it's foundation must have been laid because the buildings speaks on behalf of its archi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter