Promise

Hey! Anonymous
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It was a rather strange morning to begin with; stomps of hurried footsteps were heard just outside her bedroom, which ultimately woke her up from her deep slumber.  Yoona sluggishly crawled out from her bed. Still feeling half asleep, she slated for the door and cracked it open; only to witness Jessica hastily going back and forth from the kitchen to the bathroom and to her own bedroom. Yoona stayed put; leaning by her bedroom's door frame in silence, as she watched the older girl scramble over getting dressed, washing up and eating breakfast.

 

 

After finishing up her bowl of cereal in a little less than three minutes, Jessica went straight to her bedroom grabbing a stack of assorted sticky notes, "At this rate, I'm going to be late for work again.."

 

 

Yoona stayed put; leaning by her bedroom's door frame in silence, as she watched as Jessica meticulously wrote a short note on the tiny neon-coloured paper, which she then hurriedly stuck in her bedroom door. Yoona oversaw how Jessica swiftly grabbed her bag and ran pass her for the door, completely oblivious of her surrounding. The younger girl snickered with disbelief, Jessica was so absorbed with making sure she's not late for work that she became completely out of it.

The door slammed shut leaving Yoona home, alone. The girl stopped in front of Jessica's bedroom to look at the note Jessica hurriedly left for her.

 

Yoong,

 

I prepared breakfast. It's probably already cold by the time you read this. Heat it up! I'll be home for dinner. I left money on the kitchen counter just in case you want to order food for lunch.

 

 - Jessi :)

 

 

The girl propped herself on the chair and began to eat breakfast that Jessica prepared for her. She looked around the room and saw dirty dishes to be washed, empty beer cans in the living room and Jessica's favourite Oreo O's cereal left on the counter unsealed. After finishing breakfast, Yoona began to wash the pile of dishes that accumulated during Jessica's kitchen charade, she then resorted to cleaning the whole house by - wiping down the table, dusting furnitures, disposing trash and vacuuming.

 

She entered Jessica bedroom dragging the vacuum inside the unlit room. She kneeled, crouched and laid flat on the floor doing her best to clean every corner; trying to suction every tiny particle when she stumbled upon a dusty shoe box underneath Jessica's bed. The girl cautiously hauled the box; wiping the specs of dust that accumulated. Because of the the growing curiosity, Yoona carefully opened the box, intrigued of its content. It contained a bunch of books - novels rather, a tiny jar full of puzzle pieces and a crumpled piece of paper with a note that read:

 

 "I promise I'll be back. Sorry. But please wait for me?"

 

Yoona crumpled the note back to its original wrinkled state and placed it back inside the box, she took the jar of puzzle aside and placed the box back under the bed.

 

~

 

This time around, she entered the library with confidence; her camera strapped on her shoulder while holding a stack of books in hand. Tiffany made her way to the librarian's counter where she caught the blonde girl slowly dozing off to dreamland. She smiled, appreciating the sight, she cautiously placed the books on the counter; being careful not to wake up the sleeping girl. Tiffany pulled out her camera and snapped a picture, making a shutter sound that instantly woke the girl up. Guilty of being a creep, Tiffany turned around and mentally slapped herself for being so sketchy.

 

"Excuse me? Do you need help with anything?" the blonde softly mumbled, addressing Tiffany.

 

Tiffany turned around and faced the blonde, clutching her camera to her chest looking like she just committed a crime. What makes it worse is seeing the blonde's usual poker face staring right back at her.

 

"I-I finished the books you recommend last week, I came to drop them off" Tiffany

stuttered.

 

 

Jessica was glad to see Tiffany again, even if her poker face said otherwise. Knowing that Tiffany read all the novels she recommended made her feel good inside.

 

 

"Say, do you want to hang out some time" Tiffany confidently asked.

 

"Jessica." the blonde muttered, leaving Tiffany in a whirlpool of confusion.

 

"Excuse me?" The brunette asked – the expression on her face was hard to draw.

 

"My name..is Jessica”

 

Tiffany ogled at the blonde, still in utter shock.

 

"Your name is Jessica?" asked Tiffany, who was about to faint at any second. Jessica shyly nodded.

 

Finally, after months of calling the blonde Miss Anonymous she eventually introduced herself. It was probably the most monotonous introduction she has ever heard but she can't help but grin in absolute contentment.

 

“Tiffany, my name is Tiffany. But I’m sure you already know that” Tiffany reached her arm out for a handshake; just when she was about to slowly take it back when she didn’t get a response. Jessica reaches out to grab Tiffany’s hand, she didn’t shake it like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter