EPILOGUE

A Ghost's Last Gift

Author's Note: 

Just a little bonus ^^
'Cause I love you. :D

 

EPILOGUE:

 

It was a perfect day; the sky painted with a bright powder blue, the sun completely out and saying hi, the grass, sweet-smelling and soft, the wind gently caressing their faces.

 

 

She was opening her right eye to peak, her lips turning into a childish smirk.

 

 

He smacked her head.

 

 

“Yah!” she whined.

 

 

“Concentrate.” He said sternly but ended up breaking into a smile.

 

 

“Grumpy old man.” And she let out a girly giggle.

 

 

 

 

“Papa! Papa!” Jonghyun smiled and suddenly stood to pick up the clumsy little girl who almost stumbled on the gray, rectangular stone.

 

 

“Heave~ Neko, when did you become this heavy?” She had silky, brown hair tied into little pigtails, too high for them to touch her shoulders. She smiled and her big eyes formed curved lines and there were small happy wrinkles on the side.

 

 

“Uncle Jinki gave chicken.”

 

 

 

“Ahh, that yeong-gam.” He smiled and shook his head.

 

 

 

The dark days are already buried and the blissful days are colorful memories that will never be forgotten. Today is Chun Hei’s 15th death anniversary.

 

 

 

“Unnie-ah, I love you.” Chun Jae the cold stone.

 

 

 

“I love you, Chun Hei.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It took Chun Jae and Jonghyun 10 years to finally fall inlove with each other, though they weren’t forced to. They had been through a very rough road of moving forward, but as they promised, they tried to live without Chun Hei’s presence. As they were both weak and blind through the grief and loss, they were each other strengths, being the closest of friends, almost a brother and a sister. They became each other’s pillars.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“And I love you, Chun Jae.” He said, kissing her forehead.

 

 

 

“I love you, too, Jonghyun.”

 

 

 

I can never be thankful enough for Chun Hei. They say you can never have the best of both worlds, I’m proud to say I experienced both, although separately.”

 

 

 

 

“My unnie.. My savior.. My inspiration.. My motivation.”

 

 

 

“My Chun Hei.. My savior.. My out-of-this-world happy memories.. My soulmate..”

 

 

 

“Everything happens for a reason.” They said in unison.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chun Hei, you are in your world now, and I am in mine. Since destiny is cruel, we can’t be together in this life. But in our next, I believe our paths will cross again, and by then, I will never let you go.

 

 

 

 

 

The wind ruffled the golden leaves of the trees surrounding the cemetery, it’s an eerie cold wind, but to Jonghyun, this kind of wind was his sanctuary, his haven, his confirmation. The wind whiffed his face and it whispered “I will be waiting.