Frosty

A Ghost's Last Gift

A.N.: *wink* Hi~

I'll be putting another note at the end of this chappie. 

Please do enjoy. :)

 

Chapter 20: Frosty

 

 

[Chun Hei POV]

 

I still can’t believe what happened last night and I can’t keep my cheeks down for hours. Did Jonghyun really kiss the book on my forehead? I know it’s not much but it’s enough to cause me a nosebleed and a legitimate heart attack. I wasn’t dreaming, right? Ahhhhh, I’m living the dream of a fan girl. But where is he? I miss him already.

 

 

The wall clock must be irritated with my repeated glares for hours. Jinki and Jonghyun still has not returned from God-knows-where and it’s starting to get dark. What worries me the most is that Jonghyun looked very upset about something. Are they okay? Did they fight?

 

 

I laid my head back on my new sanctuary, the thing that helps me draw my thoughts out of my ghastly head, SHINee’s black massage chair. As much as I enjoy goofing and laughing around the people I admired the most and the only people I clearly remember, I still think about how and why I am here. There must be some explanation; in the deepest depths of me, there must be something that I should know, something that caused my spirit’s existence here. I’m trying, I sure am. Although I feel light around them, when I’m alone, there’s this weight in my chest. It’s something that’s really bothering; a sinking, formidable weight, empty but colossal, void like vacuum, hollow but the pressure multiplies with time. I feel need to draw it out, if there’s such a thing as an inner Heimlich maneuver, I’d sign up for the service.

 

 

Why am I here?

 

 

How long will I stay here?

 

 

Am I missing something?

 

 

More importantly, WHO AM I?

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey, there. Miss me?” A soft voice surprisingly startled me. Jonghyun was standing inches from me, both his hands on his gray sweatpants pockets, his matching gray hoodie fairly hiding his fringes, his eyes peeping from the shadows of the hood above his head, and a school boy smirk that I often see these days.

 

 

[C] “Hello. Where were you?” I refused to answer his question for I am not in the mood anymore, after all that depressing thinking.

 

 

 

[J] “Just around the neighborhood.” I peeped behind him.

 

 

 

[C] “And Jinki oppa?”

 

 

 

[J] “He’s in the kitchen, cooking up some fries. Tonight’s movie night!”

 

 

 

[C] “Oh, there’s such an event?”

 

 

 

[J] “Uh, yes. When I want it to be movie night, it’s gonna be a movie night.” I chuckled.

 

 

 

[C] “Okay boss Jjong. Sure thing.”

 

 

 

It’s odd though, why hasn’t he brought down his hood? Though I’m not feeling anything near feisty, I miss him and I want to see his face; every crease and every line. For some reason, I want to etch his face on my mind, for keepsake maybe?

 

 

 

“Yaaaahhhh!” Jonghyun called out. “Movie time!” And like mice coming out of their nests for cheese, the three boys rushed out from their respective rooms and comfortably occupied the empty spaces in the living room.

 

 

[T] “What’s for today, Hyung?”

 

 

[M] “Probably an animated film again.”

 

 

 

[K] “Yahoo!”

 

 

 

[J] “Bingo! Bingo!”

 

 

Onew went sliding from the kitchen to the living room, with two bowls of French fries in one hand and a box of soda on the other. He looked so hyped!

 

 

[O] “Rise of the Guardians*! Deng! Deng! Deng!”

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 

With all the lights off, I sensed quiet sobbing on the sofa, behind my back in the middle of the movie. I didn’t need to look back to know it was Key. Taemin, who was sitting on my right, was trying to elbow me and failed. He then switched to pointing at Key repeatedly until the latter whacked his head with the remote control.

 

 

Jonghyun, on the other hand, was sitting on my left, busy tapping his large mobile phone while obviously peaking at my face every 15 minutes. I ignored him since I was so into the movie and still can’t see his face. 

 

 

[J] “Uhm, I’m just going to the toilet. My stomach hurts, but I’ll be back.”

 

 

Fifteen minutes before the ending, Minho started to yawn and Jonghyun still wasn’t back from the toilet. Poor boy, who told him to gobble all the fries and the popcorn? 

 

 

[M] “I’m going in already. Goodnight everyone.”

 

 

[O] “Ah! Me, too! Me, too!”

 

 

[K] “We should go, too, Taemin-ah.” Key forcefully pulled Taemin up.

 

 

[T] “But hyung, I want to know what happens next.” Key covered Taemin’s mouth and whispered. But then, I still could hear his voice.

 

 

[K] “Shhhh. Didn’t you read Jjong’s message?”

 

 

[T] “Huh? What message? Oh, right. I haven’t seen my phone for two days.”

 

 

[K] “Shhh. I’ll tell you about it later.” Key looked at me and mouthed, “Goodnight Chunnie~”

 

 

Unsure of what is actually happening, I tried to focus on the movie. I was secretly hoping that the guardians would defeat Boogie Man and they did. I’m actually happy right now but I’m all alone.

 

 

I heard the flush from the toilet. I expected Jonghyun to step out any moment but the guy that I saw basked my eyes with glitters.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jonghyun was barefoot and slowly walking towards me. He’s wearing an ankle length ripped demin which shows his white knees underneath, a blue hoodie with silver frosts from the neck part to the hood and he’s holding a bouquet of, what it seemed, silver roses. I was stunned but his face is still hidden, so I couldn’t make out what he’s trying to pull. Are the roses for me?

 

 

 

When he finally revealed his face, my jaw dropped.

 

 

 

The idiot colored his hair!!! I’m pretty sure his hair was light blonde when they went out today but now his roots are ash gray and the top is silver or white, to the point that it’s almost transparent. Through the dim lighting, it glimmered, like snow or frost. Right now, through my eyes, Kim Jonghyun is the most beautiful person in the world and the moment so magical that I can hear little bells in the background.

 

 

[J] “Hi.” I giggled as he passed me the bouquet of silver roses. They smelled really sweet, surprisingly.

 

 

[C] “What’s this all about, Jonghyun-ah?”

 

 

[J] “Who’s Jonghyun? I’m Jack Frost**, the winter spirit.” He said in perfectly crooked English and I laughed.

 

 

 

[C] “What are you trying to pull off, Jack Frost?”

 

 

 

[J] “I just wanted to be a spirit for once. You’re a spirit, too, right? We’re on the same boat now.”

 

 

 

[C] “I’m really touched Jjong. A+ for the effort and these flowers are really beautiful, the thought that you’re a spirit, too is really beautiful. You are beautiful.” That was the only way to express my awe for what he has done. I want to ruffle his hair with my hand, I want to touch his cheeks and I want to hug him for real.

 

 

 

[C] “But what is this for?”

 

 

[J] “Actually,” he touched the nape of his neck, “I have something to tell you.”

 

 

A.N.: In case you haven't watched the Rise of the Guardians,

 

*Rise of the Guardians: A movie with Santa Claus, the tooth fairy, Sandman, Tooth Fairy and Jack Frost, battling the Boogie Man to save the children from bad dreams and make them continue to believe in the existence of the guardians. 

 

**Jack Frost: He's the main protagonist in the movie. He was once a human but was eventually resurrected into the Winter Spirit. And he looks like this:

 

tumblr_meobnrqUO71r7oljbo1_250.gif 488c25e1518ddc8843235efbfa87af6a.JPG