Suppressing Feelings

A Ghost's Last Gift

Chapter 16: Suppressing Feelings

 

 

And my love for Jonghyun has become...

 

 

 

 

…something that’s more than admiration. It’s not a fantasy anymore, I’m in love with a real person, and he knows me, but I should not show it to him. He must not know.

 

 

[Chun Hei POV]

 

July 9

 

Kibum rushed out his room with a messy, unkempt hair.

 

 

“Chunie~ help me. I can’t seem.. to keep.. this stupid hair.. down.” He grunted in between sentences, trying hard to brush his blonde hair. But they kept on being hair sprouts, constantly shooting up, and making him look like a super saiyan.

 

 

“Aish, just slick it up, oppa. You look better with your forehead exposed.”

 

 

“Heh~ chincha? Ayy, you punk Chunie~ tell the truth!” He threw a pillow at me with a weird expression.

 

 

“WHAAAT?! I’m telling the truth! Pour a whole tub of gatsby on your hair and keep it up like that!” I shook my head. “You asked for my help and I tried but you won’t believe me.” I muttered under my breath. He then sat beside me at the couch, his hands keeping his fringe up, his forehead and eyebrow scar occupying my whole view.

 

 

“Really? Do I look attractive like this?” He tilted his face sideways, look me straight in the eyes and smirked a manly smirk that made me jerk back.

 

 

“Yahhh! Don’t do that again, I might go berserk!”

 

 

“Ahahahaha! I thought so. I’m fabulous like that.” He stood up, still holding up his hair and casually said, “Thank you Chunie~ Love you.”

 

 

“Love you, too.”

 

 

 

Oops.

 

 

 

Ughhhhh. The stupid in my body never died. I’m ready to diffuse to thin air when I heard a shattering noise in the kitchen. I rushed and found a broken bowl of soup on the floor and a grinning Taemin with a peace sign.

 

 

“Sorry, noona! Will you help me?”

 

 

“Aigoo. Taemin-ah. You’re such a kid.”

 

 

“I’m a manly kid, then.” I made a disgusted face while concentrating on the remnants of the poor bowl. “Wae?! Why are you like that?” he complained.

 

 

“Arasseo. Taemin is a manly kid. But Taemin-ah, don’t you think a ‘manly kid’ is quite a disturbing thought?”

 

 

“Hahahaha! I just realized that. Imagine a 5- year old kid with abs like Jonghyun hyung. Hahahaha! Noona, you can be really smart sometimes.”

 

 

“Hahahahaha! But Jonghyun is small like a kid! Hahahahaha!”

 

 

“Hahahahaha! Noona!”

 

 

“Yah! Who’s small like a kid?” A shouting voice startled us both. I was half expecting Jonghyun but when I turned around, I saw Onew trying to make a serious face but eventually broke into a laughter with us.

 

 

 

 

 

[Jonghyun POV]

 

The sound of their laughter is creeping up my scalp, I’m hating it. I elbowed Minho who was quietly sipping a cup of coffee beside me at the living room.

 

“Look at that ghost. We had a deal weeks ago that she’d tuck me into bed every single night. Last night and the night before that she was too busy chatting with Onew she never even went to my room. I’d file a case if I could, she’s not following our contract.” I just couldn’t contain the irritation in my voice. Well, who cares, this is a free country.

 

 

[M] “Aigoo. Aigoo. Look who’s jealous.”

 

 

[J] “What? Hahaha. Are you kidding me? Why would I be jealous?”

 

 

[M] “You can’t deny it hyung. It’s written all over your face: in your eyebrows, on your mouth, even on your nostrils.” I gave him a dead, blank expression as a response to his baseless accusations.

 

 

[J] “I’m not jealous. You don’t even have proof.”

 

 

[M] “Okay then. How about you look at Chun Hei right now, and smile at her for a whole minute?”

 

 

[J] “No. I’m not talking to her, not until she acknowledges her faults.”

 

 

[M] “Hahaha. That’s my proof. Evidence A.”

 

 

[J] “There’s no use talking to you. You don’t make sense. I better consult this to Key.”

 

 

[M] “Suit yourself, hyung. Although, I think that’s a bad idea. Hahahaha.”

 

 

 

Whatever.

 

I went to Key’s room to find him busy with his fried hair. I told him that I’m not talking to Chun Hei.

 

 

[K] “Jealous idiot.” He muttered.

 

 

[J] “Huh. Why is everyone saying that? I just hate people who don’t stay by their promises.”

 

 

[K] “Jjong, you’re clearly jealous. Walk around the street with that face and everyone can tell. Get your act straight, young man. You can’t fall in love with Chunie~ She’s a ghost.”

 

 

Uhm. Wow. That was a tidal wave.

 

 

[J] “That escalated quickly, Bummie. Who’s falling in love with who?”

 

 

He gave me a weird expression; his made his nose so big, his eyes are half open in a thin line and his mouth is close to utter distortion. I was 5 cm close to landing my palm on his ridiculous face.

 

 

[K] “Stop yourself before it’s too late.”