Together

A Ghost's Last Gift

A.N.: Hello~~

For this chapter, I used SHINee's Aside lyrics (from shineee.net)

Italicized text are song lyrics.

I was listening to this song on loop when I wrote this chapter.

You can do that, too, if you want. ^^

I hope you like this~

Chapter 21: Together

 

[Chun Hei POV]

I’m shaking. Kim Jonghyun, the main vocal of SHINee, the man of my dreams and aspirations is standing in front of me. And he’s about to tell me something that I’m not sure if I’m ready to hear. The silver roses remain clutched on my chest, the pretty petals starting to fall in sync with the loud beating of my heart.

 

[C] “What is it?”

 

 

[J] “Don’t look so pained. You’re making me nervous.” I took three deep breaths and I started to feel calmer. Jonghyun walked towards me, stopped on the same spot where I’m currently seated and sat. We’re now sitting back to back. My heart tried to protest, I want to see his face.

 

 

 

 

[Jonghyun POV]

 

Why did I rush this? I’m getting a bad case of jitters now and it’s worse than stage fright.

 

 

[J] “I may seem really confident but right now, it’s better to sit like this. Are you comfortable?”

 

 

 

[C] “Yes. Are you?”

 

 

 

[J] “Yes. So, uhm, four nights ago, I couldn’t sleep because I was waiting for you. I tried to distract myself by thinking about a lot of things but my mind strays back to the thoughts of you.” I heard a little gasp behind my back and my heart became wild. You can do it, Jonghyun. Keep going.

 

 

 

I thought of your face all night long
I get embarrassed over my imagination
That has a will of its own
You've become bigger within me
Although you may not know

 

 

[J] “And then seeing you with Onew hyung, I admit I was jealous. I was denying it at first; why would I be jealous over a ghost and Onew? That’s when I started to think a lot about how I really feel. You’re not some random spirit anymore.” I took a really deep breath before my next sentence.

 

 

Whenever you look at me and smile
Somewhere deep down in my heart
There's a disease that gets worse
I shouldn't be like this
But I want to hold you
I want to feel you
I want to dream with you

 

 

 

[J] “Chun Hei, this might sound weird but.. I-- I like you.” I'm gonna burst any moment now. 

 

 

But one of these days
I will only pour my heart
And talk about old stories
While holding you in my embrace

 

 

 

[J] “I wish I could do a lot more than this. I wish we had a different setting, a different situation, when you’re not a ghost and I’m not Jonghyun of SHINee. I want to hold you, to take care of you, to love you as a person. But when I think of it, it won’t be the same. The whole of your presence here is irreplaceable and tonight, for me, this moment is perfect.”

 

 

I heard soft sobs. Wait…. Is she crying?

 

 

 

[J] “Chun Hei.” I stood up and sat to face her. “Neko-yah, why are you crying? Did I say something to upset you?”

 

 

 

[C] “Th-this is not a dream, right? You sound like you came straight from a fanfiction.”

 

 

 

[J] “Hey, look at me.” I smiled. “Han Chun Hei, I’m in love with you. That’s the truth.” And she cried even louder. Ahhh! This is frustrating!

 

 

[J] “Yahhhhh! I just poured out my heart to you and this is how you answer me? I said I like you! I like you! I like you!” I stopped and whispered to her ear, “Do you like me, too?”

I waited for about a minute until she calmed down. She then nodded her head and spread her arms wide, as if to say she likes me that much. I’m officially blown away, that has got to be the most adorable sight in the world. I lost my sanity for a while and danced like a crazy man.

 

 

[J] “Whooooooooohhhhh!!!!!!!!! YES!!!! You’re mine now! Don’t go flirting with Onew hyung!”

 

 

 

[C] “What?” She laughed with tears still falling down her face; I will never forget that look on her, it was golden. “But Jjong,” she turned into a frown, “I’m a ghost. The future is blurry with me and I don’t want to hurt you.”

 

 

 

 

Don’t you get it, pabo girl? I don’t care.

 

 

[J] “Then, to the most beautiful ghost, are you willing to face all the uncertainties with me?”