Falling Faster

A Ghost's Last Gift

Chapter 19: Falling Faster

 

[Key POV]

 

“Bummiieeeeee!!” Oh God. Why is this idiot so greasy again? Hours ago he seemed to be ready to launch a full force anti-Onew x Chun Hei campaign and now he’s all smiles and fluff. He’s running wild straight from his room and it looks like he’s going to bump on me, head on collision.

 

 

“Jjonngggiieee!” I decided to match his energy and spread my arms to receive his high speed. He doesn’t know what I’m about to do. When he got nearer, I prepared my secret weapon that is my pinching fingers, a special technique adapted from crabs; passed down generation to generation of the Kim clan.

 

 

3, 2, 1..

 

 

“Ahhhh!” He has seen through my plan, three nanoseconds before the collision he pinched my side before I got to pinch his. He has infiltrated the secret scrolls of our family, he’s a spy.

 

 

Oh wait, Jonghyun is Kim, too. Okay, whatever.

 

 

[J] “Gotcha!” He put his arms around me and his face looks so sunny and happy. What the heck happened last night?

 

 

[K] “Jonghyun Kim, I swear you look like you’re up to no good.” Still all smiles, he dragged me to my room, constantly looking over his shoulder, making sure no one heard us.

 

 

[J] “Chun Hei and I are okay now.” He keeps bouncing on my bed. Wow, he was so hyped about this?

 

 

[K] “Uhm, you were the one who wasn’t talking to her? Why are you even so excited?”

 

 

[J] “Just because.” And he kept hitting me with my pillow and making sounds like ‘hnnggg’ and cutesy ‘hihihihi’.

 

 

[K] “Tell me, what is going on?”

 

 

[J] “I don’t know! Hahaha. I don’t even know why I’m doing this.” I smiled and sighed in defeat. Our Jonghyun has fallen for Chunnie.

 

 

[K] “Jjong are you sure about this? Would you be okay?” I have seen him through his worst and I can’t bear to see him like that again. But seeing him this happy, I have no other choice but to support him.

 

 

[J] “What are you talking about?”

 

 

[K] “You know what I’m talking about. I’m just worried about you. Have you thought of the possibilities and the consequences?” He put both his hands behind his head as he leaned on my little headboard, his thoughts obviously flying far.

 

 

[J] “I’m aware of everything. That’s why I told you I don’t know why I’m doing this.”

 

 

[K] “Then fall, it’s been a long time since you've been this happy. Just don’t fall too deep.” He got up and gave me a back hug.

 

 

[J] “Thanks, bro. You don’t know how much that means to me.” I hugged him back and whacked his bum hard.

 

 

[K] “Stop the drama! Aisshh. You are such a flirt Kim Jonghyun! Even targeting our poor Chunnie!”

 

 

[J] “Yah! It’s not my fault I’m attractive!”

 

 

[K] “What a way to twist the story! You’re the one who’s in love! Does Chunnie even like you? Hahahahaha!” He scratched his head and slowly inched out my room. I’m sorry Jjong, my witchy laugh has to be released.

 

 

[J] “Wow, I never thought of that.”

 

 

[K] “Hahahahaha! Oh my God! This is so epic!”

 

 

 

 

[Jonghyun POV]

 

Come to think of it. She didn’t say anything when I indirectly kissed her forehead. Huh.

 

But I’m obviously her bias; she even gave me gifts when she was alive. I can make her fluster by just looking in her eyes. I think she likes me, too. I KNOW she likes me. I’m pretty sure of that. How can she even resist Kim Jonghyun? That’s impossible.

 

 

 

 

..or not.

 

 

 

“Oh! Oppa! Good morning.” She jerked up and looked at me after whispering something probably sweet to Onew hyung’s ear.

 

 

 

“Lookie here. You’re up already? Morning Jjong.” He smiled at me, but maybe somehow irritated since I interrupted their early morning ‘lovers’ talk. I tried to regain my composure and winked at Chun Hei.

 

 

“Hyung, can we talk for a moment?” Onew looked like a lost kid, he stood up and scratched his head.

 

 

[Onew POV]

 

Huh? What is up with Jonghyun’s serious face? Did I eat something that was forbidden? Did I use his shampoo? Aigoo, aigoo. He looks too stern, his eyes are like a hawk’s. I tried to dance my signature chicken dance while following him out the door.

 

 

Squeak squeak squeak. My socks make such sounds on the floor when I’m trying to dance Jonghyun’s bad mood out. Hm. He’s still at it, not even smiling. I need to do more.

 

 

 

Squeak squeak squeak. Still no effect? Aigoo. Maybe another danc---

 

 

 

“Hyung, stop it. I have to stay focused.”

 

 

“Wae? Are we looking for something?” I turned to whisper. “Or is that something looking for us?” He finally smiled and faced me once we were out the door.

 

 

[J] “Hyung, give me an honest answer.”

 

 

[O] “I’m sorry! I ate the pudding in the fridge. I’ll buy you a new one!”

 

 

[J] “Wait, what? Hahaha. No!”

 

 

[O] “Oh, I thought you were talking about the pudding. Then what is it?”

 

 

[J] “Hyung, do you like Chun Hei?” Did I hear it clearly? Where did this come from? My eyebrows unconsciously creased.

 

 

[O] “Jjong, what do you mean?”

 

 

[J] “I mean what I mean hyung. Do like her?” I’m confused.

 

 

[O] “Of course, I like her but not romantically. She’s like a cute dongsaeng to me, someone who I find really funny.” I can see the stress drain from Jonghyun’s face and my tension evaporated, too. To my surprise he lifted me up and twirled me around.

 

 

 

[J] “Yiiieee! Thank you, hyung. I love you!”

 

 

 

[O] “Aigoo yah~ What is this all about Jonghyun?” I smiled through my question. This kid is hatching an evil plan.

 

 

[J] “Come, palli.” He grabbed both my hands and dragged me outside the building. “I’m going to confess tonight!”

 

 

[O] “Huh?”