Chapter Two

If You Only Knew
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Despite the long drive to Chen's place from the airport, not once did he let me feel bored or uncomfortable. The ride to his place was pretty much relaxing and fun. He never failed to make me laugh with his silly jokes. The conversation between us was very ongoing. There was not one moment that was dull and quiet. I'm not a talkative person but being with Chen, he made me talk more than I usually do. It was weird but, of course, I enjoyed talking to him. He made everything worthwhile and fun, even if we were just talking. I would be lying if I said he isn't a fun person to be with.

"Once you're settled in, I'll show you around." Chen suddenly said as his eyes were on the road ahead. "When we get home, I'll give you a quick house tour so you'll know where you're going and all. After that, you can get some rest until dinner. How's that?"

"Sounds perfect." I said as I looked out the window to my right. "I was wondering… what was the first thing that went through your mind when Auntie told you that I'll be staying with you guys for six months? Be honest."

Chen began laughing softly, which made me giggled along with him. He has a very extraordinary laughter that would make you want to join him. He stopped the car when the light turned re. He looked over to me with a genuine smile. "Mom didn't specify your gender so I assumed you were a boy." He faced the front as he leaned his back against the backrest. "I honestly didn't put much thought to it. My parents tend to invite guests to our home to stay for some amount of time. I was used to it."

"You weren't, at least, a bit curious?" I asked as I faced him.

He shrugged, "Nope~" He stepped on the gas and his eyes were back on the road. "When mom told me that you're a girl, I was glad. She has always been the only female in the house so I'm sure there were times that she would feel a bit alone or bored. I thought having you here, she could finally do some females stuff, you know?"

"I'm impressed." I praised.

"You are?" He chuckled at my praise. "Thanks. I can be impressive at times."

I rolled my eyes. "Don't be so…"

Chen laughed as he waved a hand in the air. "I am just kidding. Anyway, when mom told me that you're a girl and that we're the same age, I was really looking forward to it. With my brother, who recently moved out, I am home alone majority of the time. Having you here, I can finally experience the life of having a sister."

-

Following right behind Chen as we walked up the tiny steps that led us to the front door of his house, I began hearing noises coming from inside. Mostly were laughter. Skeptically, I looked at Chen, hoping he would tell me who were inside. Unfortunately, he didn't understand the look that I was giving him. He just smiled at me before he pushed the door opened after he unlocked the door. He pushed the door wider and took a step back. He motioned me to go in first. Without a word, I listened to him and walked through the door with my luggage following right behind me.

When I got inside, I stepped over to the side with my luggage to make room for Chen to come in. When he stepped inside, he shut the door and stood right beside me. I nudged him by the arm, "I thought you said no one was home."

Shrugging his shoulders, he took off his shoes and set it beside the wall to our left. He faced me as I slipped out of my flats. "I think my grandma just got here with her friends for tea." he grabbed a hold of my luggage and pulled it over to the staircase. He placed it there, tucked a bit under the case so no one would trip over it later. "Come on, I'll introduce you to her."

"We shouldn't interrupt their tea time." I objected, not wanting to meet everyone that his grandmother was with.

Chen shook his head when I walked over to where he had placed his shoes. I putted my flats right beside his and stood up. I turned around and found Chen already standing near me. He placed both hands on my shoulders, along with that very smile that he has been giving me all day. "My grandma's been impatiently waiting for you to arrive."

"I guess we shouldn't make her wait any longer, right?" I chuckled when he took his hands off my shoulders. He suddenly stepped to the side and tossed an arm around me. I glanced up at him, "Show me the way."

We walked down the hall straight ahead of us. The more we walked down the hall, I could hear chatters going on straight ahead, which made me curious of how many people were with Chen's grandmother. "She's really nice so don't worry. I promise you, you're going to love her. Oh, she won't pinch you cheeks like most grandmothers."

By the time we reached the end of that hall, we were already standing in front of a white door. Chen tapped my shoulder, giving me some encouragement, thinking that I was nervous to meet his grandmother. He nodded his head towards the door as he pushed the door opened. It swung opened, revealing a couple of ladies sitting around the kitchen's island, laughing and chatting with  one another.

"Grandma, Johae is here." Chen hollered, interrupting the elders.

My eyes landed on the lady that had just stood up from her seat. She had on this huge smile as she made her way over to us, which made Chen gently pushed me towards her. His grandmother had her arms widely opened, ready to welcome me with open arms. She got closer to me and wrapped both arms around me. She gave my back a couple of taps as she chimed, "Look at you, you've grown up into a beautiful woman."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter