Chapter Eight

If You Only Knew
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
“We need to pick a day to take you to the amusement park. You’re going to never want to leave. There are a lot of game machines and rides that you can go on. It’s extremely fun!” Chen ranted on and on about the amusement park that I had no clue of while he picked up some of my fries. He plopped them into his mouth before smiling at us, especially at me. He continued, only this time, he’s looking directly at me. “Should we do it after the party for Kyungsoo and Kai?”

Suho nodded, “Or, after the week of exams.”

Baekhyun puckered his bottom lip at Suho. “Way to rain on our parade, hyung.” He rolled his eyes and faced me with a smile. “Johae, are you excited for the party? There’s only three days left.”

“Sorry, what is the party for?” I asked.

The boys kept mentioning a party for Kyungsoo and Kai yet I had no idea of what the party was actually for. I assumed that it was a birthday party but I doubt the two share the same birth date. Then again, what do I know? I don’t even know Chen’s birthday. However, I was sure the party wasn’t just an out-of-the-blue type party. Knowing the guys, excluding Suho, they will not throw a party out of randomness.

“You didn’t tell her?” Baekhyun asked Chen, who was quietly eating my fries.

Chen rubbed the crook of his neck while swallowing. “Slipped my mind?”

Suho shook his head as Chen and Baekhyun began bickering with one another. I was not surprised by it since I’ve noticed that they tend to bicker a lot. Of course, it was never a serious one. I think bickering was a part of their friendship. I guess if couples argue to spark their relationship, then that’s probably what the two were doing. Bicker strengthens the bond between them.

“It’s a birthday party.” Suho said as he looked at me with that same smile he would always give me. “Kai and Kyungsoo shares the same month and are only two days apart.” I nodded, finally understanding what the party is for. It made total sense of why the guys are throwing a party for the two. “Kyungsoo said he didn’t want a party so he’s been helping us setting up a surprise party for Kai. One thing he doesn’t know is that we all have been setting up a small surprise for Kyungsoo at the party also.”

“That sounds exciting!” I exclaimed. I love birthday parties so I’m pretty much a softy when it comes to these sort of parties. Birthday parties are always fun and friendly. “Why doesn’t Kyungsoo wants a party? It’s his birthday though.”

Chen stopped bickering with Baekhyun and joined in on the conversation, completely ignoring what Baekhyun had just said. “He’s not that sociable like we are. He has a small amount of friends.” He reached for the large cup of soda that we all pitched in so we all could share. He took a sip before continuing on. “He’s picky of who he wants to be friends with. Friendship is very important to him so he likes to make sure if the friends he makes are worth keeping around or not.”

That, I did not expect. Kyungsoo seems so friendly and outgoing whenever I’m around him. Then again, maybe he’s only like that because when I’m around him, the guys are also. But, however picky he may be, I think I can actually say that I am glad that he considered me as a friend. He’s so caring and sweet. He’s someone I would like to be friends with for a very long time. And, I hope to remain on his good side. He’s so not a friend that I would want to lose, despite the small amount of time that I’ve known him.

“Oh ho. Speaking of the devil, there he is.” Baekhyun scoffed with a grin as he nodded his head in a direction. He shot up from his seat and cupped his right hand beside his mouth. “Over here!”

Kyungsoo was heading towards our way, dressed in black from head to toe. He glanced over to us once he heard Baekhyun hollering his name. A smile was spread across his face as he jogged up to us. We were sitting at a picnic table at the Central Park of Downtown. It’s right beside a fountain, where kids can run through and play around. It was such a nice, relaxing place to hang out at.

“Where is Chanyeol and the kids?” Kyungsoo asked as he looked around once he approached us. He looked down at us and reached for the large cup of soda. He drank it as we stared at him, wondering why he was looking for Chanyeol and the kids, which I assumed he was referring to Sehun and Kai. He placed the cup back down. “They were driving right behind me on the freeway. I didn’t see them after I parked the car.”

“We haven’t seen them yet.” I responded since the guys were looking elsewhere. I scooted over to my left and got closer to Baekhyun. I motioned Kyungsoo to take a seat beside me, where I had sat earlier. I pushed the bowl of spicy fishcake towards him and he gladly picked up the fork and got himself some. “They are probably parking their car at another lot?”

Kyungsoo shrugged, “Knowing Chanyeol, he wouldn’t park far away from his friends. Unless, that idiot missed his turn to the lot so he has to go around.”

Baekhyun laughed as he tossed an arm around me. He leaned on me as he looked at Kyungsoo, who was finally eating. He picked up a napkin and handed it to Kyungsoo. “He probably did missed it. He’s in the car with the kids. They are rowdy when you put the two together. Actually, the only per
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter