Chapter Five

If You Only Knew
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
“Oh, Kyungsoo! Good morning.” I quickly greeted as soon as I spotted him walking away from the bathroom down the hall. He was rubbing his neck when I greeted him. He looked up with a lopsided smile before standing in front of me. He was dressed in his uniform. He looked very handsome. The uniform jacket really complimented his body structure. He might not tall and has a model-like body like Chanyeol but he still has a very good body. “Did you get a good sleep?”

Kyungsoo shrugged his shoulders as his face scrunched up, expressing how sore his body was. He let out a heavy sigh before letting his shoulders relaxed a bit. He massaged it. “Yes, I did. But, my body’s still sore from yesterday. Please remind me not to ever wrestle Chen again. He was so rough. I swear I could hear my bones crack every time I move last night. And, did you have a good sleep?”

I felt so guilty just seeing him having such a painful morning. He was cringing as he massaged and patted his shoulders and arms. The small wrestling game last night really took a huge toll on him. I smiled weakly as I continued to watch him massaging himself. “Yes, thank you for asking. Kyungsoo-ah, why don’t you go get some rest in Chen’s room. I’ll make breakfast. When it’s ready, I’ll call you and Chen to come down.”

“I’ll come with you.” He said with that lopsided smile of his. He jabbed his thumb at Chen’s room. “Let me tell Chen that I’m coming with you. I just need to grab my backpack since I’m already done getting ready. Unlike, someone in there.”

“Yah! I heard you!” Chen roared from his room. It was a bit faint so I assumed that he was in his closet, probably ironing his uniform shirt. He came out of the room with his shirt hanging off his neck, upper body completely revealed. “I woke up before you, okay?”

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, “Whatever.” He eyed his friend up and down as they were standing right beside each other. He shook his head before looking at me. “Yah, have some manners and put on your shirt, will you? Johae is standing right there.”

Chen grinned, “She’s seen it before. Right, Johae?”

I nodded as Kyungsoo stepped back into the hall with his backpack. “There’s nothing to see though.”

With that, Kyungsoo pulled me away from Chen, leaving the boy dumbfounded at his spot.

-

“Johae!”

Immediately, I came to a stop once I heard my name being hollered to the world. I looked over my shoulder after figuring out where it had come from. My lips curved up, forming a small smile, when I spotted Chen running towards me. He didn’t have his backpack with him nor was he wearing his uniform jacket like everyone else that I’ve seen so far. What also caught my attention was the fact that Chen had almost all the female students’ attention. They had smiles on their faces. Some even squealed a bit, which startled me a bit.

“What took you so long?” He asked as he huffed and puffed with his hands on his knees. He glanced up, tiredly looking up at me. “I thought you were going to skip on your first day.”

“I wouldn’t do that.” I smiled, assuring him that it had never crossed my mind. “I just needed a couple of minutes to myself. I’m actually very nervous about this, Chen. I’ve never attended a Korean school before, let alone, an elite school. You know what that means, right?”

He shook his head as he stood back up. “What does it mean?”

I sighed, “I have to speak Korean, one hundred percent.”

Chen stepped to my left and wrapped an arm around me, which made me noticed the squeals from the girls. They squealed louder than before as their eyes were completely on us. I looked at Chen to see if he had heard any of that but he didn’t seemed to have noticed. He only tapped my shoulder and guided me to walk back in the direction that I was headed to earlier before he had called for me.

“Relax, will you?” Chen said as we approached a cement railing of the flights of steps. He removed his arm and leaned his back against it. I turned around and did the same. In front of us was a wide cement yard with long flights of stairs to our left and right. There were a couple of students scattered all around. There were some that were with a large group of friends while some were in small groups. It was as if they were in their very own cliques. “It’s not like you don’t already have friends here, Johae.”

I remained silent.

“Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, Baekhyun, and I are also juniors.” He reminded me. “There won’t be a moment that you won’t see us on campus. Who knows, maybe you’re in one of our classes? Better yet, Johae, you might end up being in the same homeroom as us.”

“Let’s just hope that I have at least one class with one of you.” I smiled. “Thanks, Chen.”

Chen grinned before turning, pressing his side against the railing. He faced me. “For what?”
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter