Chapter Nine

If You Only Knew
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
It was finally the big day.

Everyone were busy all morning trying to get everything prepared for the party. It was a last minute preparation. The boys wanted everything to be perfect since they were throwing a party for two people. If it was for one person, they wouldn’t be so crazy to get everything extra perfect. However, in this case, it took more time and work because they had to lie to Kyungsoo that the party was only for Kai. Aside from that, they had to get everything done before the guests, Kyungsoo, and Kai arrive to the hotel’s ballroom, which was where the party was located.

While everyone were busy completing their jobs, I was out with Baekhyun. We were assigned to pick up birthday banners, balloons, and the two cakes that the guys specifically designed at a cake shop near downtown. At first, we thought the job was easy. However, once we got to the cake shop, we were told that one of the cakes was destroyed because it was in the hand of one of their new employees. That made Baekhyun went ballistic as he was anxious to get the cake back to the party in time. We were left with no other choice but to wait for the owner to make another one with his trustworthy employees. The owner told us that making another one could take up to an hour or two of waiting. I was perfectly with it. Baekhyun, on the other hand, was far from being fine with it.

“Baekhyun.” I poked his arm to get him to stop pouting. He had his chin resting in the palm of his hand as his elbow was propped on the table. “Don’t be so upset. I’m sure it’ll be done soon.”

He scoffed as he sat up straight with his arms resting above the table. He looked at me without a pinch of smile on his face. He was really not in the mood. “I would be fine with waiting if I was already dressed up for the party, Johae.” He let out a sigh. “We have four hours left until the party. I won’t have time to go back home to get dress and decent for the party.”

“Well, why don’t you go home now and get dress then comeback here.” I suggested.

He shook his head, “I’m not leaving you here with a shop full of men.”

I chuckled at his sudden protectiveness. “Okay… How about this? If you want, we can head to your place so you could get dress. I mean, we have two hours to kill before the cake is ready. So, I guess you get dress, then we can come back here, pick up the cake, and go straight back to the hotel.” I shrugged as he stared at me blankly. “That’s all I can really come up with, so it’s up to you, Baek.”

Baekhyun suddenly stood up and pulled his keys out of his pocket. “Great idea. Let’s go.”

-

Baekhyun’s room was no joke.

His room was not like any guys’ rooms that I have ever been in. His room was far from being messy and disorganized. It was a complete opposite. The room was very neat and organized. Everything seemed to be in its place as if he hadn’t been in the room for months. There were no speck of dusts anywhere. His books were neatly placed on the shelves, in alphabetic order, his shoes were on the shoe racks beside his closet, and his caps were individually hung on the wall, which made everything looked pretty cool. His room was black, white, and gray. It seemed like his room was one of those demo bedroom designs from the IKEA magazines.

I was very impressed.

“I’m almost done.” Baekhyun’s sudden voice startled me.

He had just came out of the bathroom, fully dressed in his white, silky dress shirt. His dress shirt was ed at the bottom, which revealed his flat, bare stomach. He didn’t seemed have cared that his stomach was exposed to me. He just went straight to his full mirror beside his closet and stood in front of it, still buttoning the last couple of the bottom buttons to his dress shirt. I would be lying if I said he didn’t looked absolutely good-looking in his choice of clothes. He was in a white dress shirt with a black jean and low-cut sneakers. Adding to that, his black hair was down with his fringes slightly hovering over his eyes.

“You can borrow whichever books you want.” He was standing beside me, which I didn’t seemed to have noticed. His dress shirt was fully buttoned and he was fixing the sleeves by rolling them up to his forearms. “I did some cleaning yesterday and found those books.” He nodded his head at the stacks of books on his desk that I was looking through while waiting for him. “I’ve read them all already so if you want to borrow it all, I don’t mind.”

I smiled, “I’ll borrow it another time. Thanks.”

“Just give me a call when you want to borrow them.” He said and walked over to his bed stand.

“Oh, by the way, I really like your room, Baek.” I complimented.

He let out a soft chuckle as he sat down at the edge of his bed beside the bed stand. He had a pair of fresh, black ankle socks in his hands. He bent forward to put them on. “Thanks.” He said then stood back onto his feet. He walked over to his shoe rack. “I don’t think my room’s all that great though. Compare to the others’ rooms, my room is very plain.” He turned around and faced me with a smile on his face. “You’ve seen Chen’s room, right? Now, that room is interesting. Don’t you agree?”

Chen’s room is indeed very interesting. His room may not be as neat as Baekhyun but it sure does contain a couple of things that Baekhyun’s room doesn’t. Hanging all over Chen’s ceiling are airplanes models that he personally collected and put together. That was one of his hobbies. He collects all kinds of models and put them together, pieces by pieces. He even paints them with glow-in-the-dark paints. When his lights are turned off, the airplanes compliments his ceiling, making it look like the airplanes are alive and that they are flying through the dark sky.

“Hmm.” I nodded and proceeded to the door. “I still like your room better.”

“Oh? Is that so?” He raised an eyebrow as he walked to me with his pho
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter