Chapter Four

If You Only Knew
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"Hey, what are you doing?"

I faced the door when I heard the door creaked opened. Entering the dark living room was Chen, who was dressed in a wife beater with a thin, white sweater over it. He looked really good in that wife beater. He gave me a quick wave as he made his way over to me through the dark with a huge smile on his face. He took a seat beside me on the couch as I was sitting comfortably while stuffing myself with my favorite bag of chips, which I bought earlier when Chen took me to the supermarket.

To let him know that I acknowledged his presence, I tilted the bag his way, offering him some. He leaned against the backrest as he took some chips into his hand. "I'm just eating."

Two days has gone by already and, boy, it was quicker than I had expected. A lot has happened within just two days. Within just two days, I was already slightly adapted to the new environment that I was in, and it was all thanks to Chen. With his help, here and there, I came to an understanding of how the Kim's household runs, where things are located at, and what I can and cannot do. Aside from that, I also knew my way around the neighborhood, which was quite difficult to learn because there were so many ways to get back to the house.

As I managed to get through life as a new member to the Kim's family, I got the change to know Chen a lot better. He and I really hit it off, if you ask me. We got to know a little about each other's past and tiny secrets. We didn't think it was weird that we got closer to one another, however, the family thought otherwise. Out of the three adults, the most surprised one was Uncle Kim. He found it weird that Chen and I could get so close within such a short amount of time. Nonetheless, he was excited to see us getting along.

The Kim-Lee friendship tradition must go on, right?

Although we had gotten closer to one another, it didn't felt like a friendship to me. It was more like a sibling relationship. Chen, who is a couple of months younger than me, picked up the older brother role. He played that role really well. Chen had mentioned that he always wanted a younger sibling, whether it was a boy or girl, it didn't mattered to him. He just wanted to be older. Honestly, I liked the fact that he picked the older role because I have always wanted an older sibling. It worked out perfect for us, really.

"Where is the DVD cover?" Chen suddenly asked as he began looking around for it.

I removed my attention away from the television and helped him looked for it. I put my bag of chip in my lap while searching for it. "Hmm, it was just right here a min-- Yah, you're sitting on it."

Chen began laughing as he shifted his body over to the side to pull the cover out from under his . He leaned back against the couch as he brought his legs onto the couch, crossing them, just like how I had mine crossed. I leaned back in my seat and leaned closer to him, taking a glimpsed at the cover, to which I didn't bothered to look at because I was too lazy to do so.

"How far are you into it?" Chen asked, eyes still on the back cover.

I shrugged, "Like about ten minutes? I don't know."

Grinning, he faced me with innocent eyes. "Let's watch it together then."

Without any hesitation I gave him a quick nod. I grabbed the remote control and handed it to him. He gladly took it while I placed my feet back on the floor. I caught him arching an eyebrow up at me, probably wondering where I was about to go. I smiled at him and tossed the bag of chips gently at him. "I'm going to get us something to drink."

"Water, thank you!" Chen happily thanked me as I walked around the couch to get to the door. "Dude, I thought you were going to leave because I want to watch the movie with you!"

"I would have said, "No," if I didn't want to watch it with you." I laughed and left the living room.

-- No One's POV

After Johae left the dark living, Chen was fumbling around with the remote control. He was trying to locate the stop button. Although it was his DVD player, in his own house, he wasn't too familiar with it because he hardly ever watch movies in the living room, unless his friends decides to come over. Finally, he found it and quickly pressed it. The screen turned blue and immediately, he pressed the eject button. He watched the disc popped out and he pressed the button again, letting the disc go back into the player. It was his way of starting the movie over, rather than just skipping the scenes backward.

The commercials and other movie previews came on, one by one. He reached for the bag of chips and stuffed himself with it. Minutes later, he heard a ding coming from his phone. It was a text notification. He placed the bag back down after he grabbed a few and stuffed it into his mouth. He fished his phone out of his pocket and unlocked it, just as Johae returned to his side on the couch. Without looking at her, he thanked her for bringing him his drink as he went through his inbox to see many unread messages.
  'Baekhyun just got back from his grandparents. He's thinking of meeting up tonight to chill. Are you up for it? -- Chanyeol.   Looking up from his phone, he glanced at Johae. The girl was getting herself comfortable at the other end of the couch. He looked back down at his phone, hesitating on what he should do. He really wanted to meet up with Baekhyun since the dude has been away for almost a month to visit his grandparents. However, he didn't want to leave Johae at home alone. Of course, he would love to invite her but he wasn't sure if she was willing to join in since she decided to just stay in that night to watch movies.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter