Chapter Thirteen

If You Only Knew
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
“The sheet is on the bulletin in the back of the room.” Mrs. Yoo announced as she stacked up all the books on her desk without a bother to look at us. She let out a sigh after she pushed the stack over to the side then walked around the desk to face us. She leaned against the edge of the desk with a smile on her face as her arms were folded against her chest. “I want you all to find yourself a partner. Note that I said, a partner. That means, only one partner.”

The class groaned, evidently not liking the idea of being partnered up with just one person. I didn’t seemed to have a problem with it since, well, I like working alone more than with tons of people. When working in a group, there’s always that one person that rarely do any work. That ticks me off. Of course, I don’t know how my classmates are like when it comes to working in small groups but I think it’s about the same as to what I encountered in America.

“The objective of this project is to pick a section of a book, that I’ll be giving you, and act it out in front of the class.” Mrs. Yoo said in the perkiest voice that I’ve ever heard from an adult. She clasped her hands together with a smile spread across her face. “That’s the easiest part of the project.”

Chen, sitting in front of me, raised his hand. “And, the hardest part is?”

Mrs. Yoo chortled. “The hardest part is that the books I’ll be giving you is in English.” She peeled herself away from the desk and stepped to the front center of the desk. “Because I want you to act out the parts you want from the book, you must translate the dialogues into Korean.” She shrugged as she placed her hands at her hips. “This is an English class so it’s a challenge from me to you.”

“Mrs. Yoo!” The students began whining at the assignment but she didn’t cared. “Why?”

“Come on, guys!” Mrs. Yoo said in English nippily before reverted back to Korean. She smiled at us after seeing how infuriated all the students were. She strolled back to her desk and picked up a chalk from the tiny box she used to hold all the chalks. She shook her head before facing the board. She began jotting something on the board. “I already set up a group of honor students to help you.”

A female student sitting all the way in the back of the room spoke up, gaining all of our attention as we turned our bodies around to face her. “Will they be available every day or on certain days? Mrs. Yoo, most of us has cram school right after school so, on some days, we can’t stay for help.”

We faced Mrs. Yoo once she was done with writing on the board.

“They will be available every Mondays and Fridays in the library. You can look for them in the morning, during lunch break, and right after school. I suggest you all to write this schedule down because I will erase it once class is over.” She put the chalk back down into its box and walked around the desk. “As for those that can’t attend to any of these, please come see me after class.”

Baekhyun prodded me at the arm when another student raised his hand to ask Mrs. Yoo another question. He leaned over to me and whispered, “Will you be my partner, Johae?”

I gave him a nod. “As long as you do half of the work.”

He chuckled then winked at me. “Promise.”

“Kids, calm down.” Mrs. Yoo waved her arms in the air, telling us to be quiet. “Once you find yourself a partner, go to the back of the room and pick a day you want to present your project to the class. The sheet has days written on it and the lineup as to who will present first.” She walked towards the back of the room and tapped a finger on the sheet. “Remember to put your name and your partner’s name, alright? I have students in my last class that forgot to write their partner’s names down. It was very frustrating when they forgot who was paired up with who. Please, don’t be like them.”

“Yes, Mrs. Yoo.” We chimed in unison.

-

“I just want to punch him right in the face.” Sehun muttered as he placed his cheek on his fist. He exhaled profoundly as he could barely stay still. He switched into another position – the nth time he changed position – and rolled his eyes. “He could have just tossed me the ball. I would have made it in and we could have won. I mean, I was open and was the only one by the damn hoop!”

The guys glanced at each other as I gawked at Sehun, speechless at his sudden complaint. Ever since we met up in the hallway after our class was dismiss for lunch, Sehun and Kai has been telling us about their basketball game during their gym class. Well, it was more like Kai was telling us while Sehun was complaining. Apparently, he was not satisfied with the result of the game as he was on the loser team and th
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter