Chapter Twelve

If You Only Knew
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Please, just shoot me.

“What kind of juicy secret are you two speaking of?” Grandma Kim asked as she raised an eyebrow at us. A small smile spread across her face as she stepped into the room with Grandpa Kim shutting the door behind her. She clasped her hands together and placed it in front of her as she looked away from Jongdeok then at me. “Johae-ah. I’m like a secret box. You may tell me anything and it’ll be with me until the day I leave this world. Well, unless you want me to tell people before I die.”

“Grandma Kim!” I pouted at her as I rose from the floor. “Don’t speak of death. You’re going to live forever!” I approached her and wrapped my hands around her tiny wrist. I glanced over to Jongdeok, who was still sitting on the floor. He only watched us while holding onto a piece of wood. I faced the kind lady in front of me. “There’s no secret going on. Oppa is just being silly.”

Grandma Kim chuckled as she gave the back of my hand a pat. “That’s not what we heard, dear.”

My face began to burn up. Please tell me you’re just teasing. Please…

“Sweetheart, look at her face. She’s blushing.” Grandpa Kim pointed out as he patted my head gently.

“Grandpa Kim~” I whined as he laughed as Jongdeok came to us. “I’m not blushing.”

Jongdeok nudged my arm with a smirk on his face. “You’re definitely are. So, should I tell them who I think had captured your precious, little heart?” He tossed an arm around his grandmother with a devious smile plastered on his face. “My grandparents are great matchmakers, you know.”

I shook my head with my arms crossed against my chest. “No one captured my heart, oppa.”

“You sure?” He asked as he leaned his head on his grandmother’s shoulder as she chuckled. He tilted his head up and looked at his grandmother. “Grandma, I think she has a thing for Byun Baekhyun.”

“Don’t believe him, Grandma Kim.” I said before walking over to Grandpa Kim. He wrapped an arm around me with a grandfather smile plastered on his face. “Jongdeok oppa shouldn’t be worrying about my love life, to be honest. He’s already in his mid-twenties so I think the person who needs the matchmaking is no other than oppa. Right Grandpa Kim?”

Jongdeok gasped as he sent a glare my way. “Yah, Lee Johae!”

I stuck my tongue out at him before hopping over some of the woods on the floor to get away from him, who was trying to chase me. It wasn’t that hard for him to catch me since the room was not that big of a space. It was obvious that he was going easy on me by moving slower than he usually would move to catch someone that teases him. “I’m just telling the truth!!”

“Get back here!” He hollered as his grandparents watched us fooling around.

-

“Johae.” Jongdeok called for me with a grin on his face. “Pass the salad bowl.”

My eyes immediately turned into slits as I sent it his way. I knew exactly what he was trying to do as he has been bothering me for the past ten minutes by calling my name and asking me to pass things his way at the dinner table. No one seemed to have noticed that I was annoyed at him nor did they noticed that he was bothering me on purpose. “The other salad bowl is closer to you, oppa.”

Jongdeok shook his head. “I want that one, though.”

“What’s wrong with that one?” I asked, pointing at the one closer to him.

He shrugged without saying a word, which made me want to pull my hair out of frustration.

“Fine.” I mumbled as I looked over to the bowl he specifically wanted. “Really?”

The salad bowl was on the right side of Baekhyun, who was sitting right beside me. He was engaged in some sort of conversation with Grandpa Kim and the other guys. I didn’t want to bother him – actually, I’ve been avoiding him as much as I could. I let out a sigh as I rose from my seat. I took a step closer to Baekhyun and leaned over the table. I managed to wrap both hands around the bowl but before I could pull back to stand up, a hand was wrapped around mine.

That was belonged to Byun Baekhyun. You have got to be kidding me!!

“Oh, uh, sorry. I didn’t know you wanted it.” Baekhyun said as he pulled his hand back with a smile on his face. He motioned me to take the bowl. “Go ahead, Johae.”

“T-Thank you.” I stood straight up and placed the bowl in front of Jongdeok without a word.

Quickly, I lowered my head and stared at the bowl of soup in front of me. I didn’t get to finish it before because of Jongdeok. As much as I would love to finish it, I didn’t have the appetite. That small, quick m
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter