Chapter Seven

If You Only Knew
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Three days has gone by quicker than I expected. Not that many exciting things had happened but I have to say that I managed to form a great bond with Baekhyun. It was weird how we clicked so well after we met for the first time inside the cafeteria while I was in the midst of helping Chanyeol with his assignment. He and I have opposite personalities but that didn’t stopped us from becoming good friends. Honestly, he and I clicked just as fast as Chen and I, when we first met. Baekhyun is such a friendly person that I want to be around with. He never failed to make me laugh, just like the guys, and he always has something to say, whether it be jokes or stories. He’s just such a nice person and it’s always nice being around such a positive and fun person.

“Knock. Knock.”

Looking up from the book that I was ready, I was surprised to see Baekhyun standing between the door frames. He had a sweet smile plastered on his face as he began making his way towards me. He was holding onto a white plastic bag while his backpack was hanging off his shoulder. I shut the book in front of me and tucked it under the desk’s box. “Baek, what are you doing here?”

He smiled as he reached me. He took a seat beside me, to my right, and placed his backpack on the floor beside his feet. He turned to me and placed the plastic bag at the center of our joint desk. He scooted his chair closer to me and began rummaging through the bag. He glanced at me as he started taking everything out. “I met up with the guys earlier and they told me you weren’t in the mood to eat. Are you feeling alright? Should I take you to the nurse’s office?”

“No, I don’t need to but, thanks for asking.” I looked down at all the stuff he bought from the cafeteria. I chuckled when I saw him taking out the last two items inside the bag. They were two milk cartons. “Baekhyun, why did you buy so much? Are you even going to finish it all?”

“It’s not all just for me. I bought lunch for the both of us.” He pushed one of the milk cartons towards me. I wasn’t a fan of milk so I was hoping that the two cartons was for him. He leaned back in his seat as he looked at me with a sigh. “Johae, I know you said you don’t feel like eating but, I think, you’re going to have to eat something. We have a couple more of hours to go before we can go home for the day. You don’t want to go through the whole day on an empty stomach.”

He reached my carton of milk and opened it for me. He raised it up to my bottom lip as I stared at him, wondering what on earth he was doing. “Milk will give you energy so come on, chug it up.”

I felt like my world was coming to an end because I really didn’t like milk. I could have told him that I didn’t like milk but I didn’t have the heart to tell him. He was way too kind to bring me food and to even care whether I needed to eat or not. I didn’t want to put his efforts to waste. I let out a sigh, knowing that I had to force myself to drink it. I was about to take a hold of the carton but he smacked my hand away with his other hand.

I leaned away. “Why did you smack me?”

“I’m going to feed you.” He smiled and tilted the carton up. I could feel the milk come in touch with my bottom lip. “If I don’t feed you, I doubt you’ll finish anything on the desk. Now, drink.”

“I can do it my—“

Before I knew it, milk was already going down my throat as I cringed, hoping it would end soon.

-

“You’ve been feeling really down and ill lately.” Kyungsoo pointed out as we walked down the hall.

Right after the bell rung for school to be over with, Kyungsoo was already found inside my last class with his stuff all packed and ready to go. Other students would look at him, wondering why he was waiting on me and picking me up after class. They asked him before, right in front of me, but he only shrugged as if it wasn’t really a huge deal. I never asked him why but I didn’t mind since his class was just directly across from mine. It wasn’t a surprise to see him wait for me at all. If my teacher dismiss us early, I would’ve waited for him to get out also just so we could leave together.

He placed the back of his hand on my forehead as we took our time to the Student Council’s office, which was where Chen said he would be at with Chanyeol and Baekhyun after school. “You’re not burning up or anything. Hmm, maybe you should go to the doctor. I’ll tell Chen to take you. If he doesn’t take you, I’ll take you. I mean, I don’t mind.”

I chuckled as I held onto his wrist. I lowered his arm with a smile on my face. “I’m fine, Kyungsoo. You don’t have to make such a big deal out of it.” I released his wrist and followed him into another hall, which was to our destination. “And, I don’t think I’m seriously sick. I think it’s just that I’m homesick. I mean, it really has been awhile since my mother called me to check up on me.”

“Oh, that’s completely understandable.” He nodded.

We reached the Student Council’s office. Kyungsoo quickly ran up to the door and held it
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter