Chapter 5

Coffee and Soccer.

It was the end of school and Xiumin couldn’t be happier as he had went to his favorite coffee shop that he went to everyday. Xiumin had smile to himself when his usual spot was still empty as he was about to walk off to his usual spot until something had stopped him.

It was that boy from the lunchroom earlier today who had decided to make a big scene and embarrassed him in front of the whole school. What was his name again? Luhan?

He felt a bit scared as he had hid behind the plant near the front of the coffee shop to try and prevent from being seen by Luhan and his little friends that always followed him around school like a lost puppy.

“What the hell is he doing here?” Xiumin had thought to himself as he was soon frightened a bit as someone had touched his shoulder. He had turned a bit to see who it was when all of a sudden his eyes had widened in shock and his heart had began to pump rapidly in his chest.

It was Jongdae, the boy he had a crush on for since middle school and he had never had the guts to tell him how he felt. I mean, how could he? Jongdae doesn’t know him, nor would someone as good looking as him would ever try to communicate in school with when he had all these popular kids that he hung out with.

“Are you okay?” He had asked Xiumin with a nice and gentle smile written on his face. That had actually made it harder for Xiumin to talk as he felt his mouth became all dry like cotton so all he could do was nod his head to assure the boy that everything was fine even though it was all that fine for him knowing that the play boy from school kept picking on him and for whatever reason it was Xiumin had no clue of what it actually was.

“I see that your usual table is taken. Would you like me to find another table for you that you might like?” He had asked but actually Xiumin had changed his mind about eating here today as long as that play boy was here.

“N…No that’s okay. I’m not in the mood for anything today but thank you anyways.” Xiuman had told Jongdae. He looked a bit confused at the boy because he knew that the boy would always eat here or at least have a cup of coffee that he had made himself while he did his homework before heading home before it had got too late.

 

Luhan was just busy chatting and laughing with his friends that he hadn’t noticed that the boy from lunch was actually at the same coffee shop as him until one of his little friends had mentioned it to him.

“Aye, Luhan. Isn’t that the boy from the lunch room today?” Tao had asked his GeGe. Everybody was wondering on what the younger had meant by the boy from the lunch room until they all had turned to the direction that Tao was pointing in and to their surprise it was the boy the lunch room and it looked like he was enjoying a little chat with one of the employees that worked there.

Luhan had felt his chest tighten up a bit as he had thought that the boy could casually talk to someone else other than him. Like he was almost too good to talk to Luhan.

Luhan had thought that he wasn’t to just sit around while them two was enjoying their chat he had the bright idea of walking up to them to try and talk to the boy again. No matter what it took he was going to get his name and get the boy to talk to him.

Luhan had gotten up from his spot as he had straightened his clothes before he had walked up to them taking his arm and slung it around the boys shoulders. He had turned to look at him with a smile plastered on his face as he thought that he wanted to tease the boy a bit.

“Hey babe, what took you so long getting here?” Luhan was quickly pushed away from the boy.

“Don’t call me that!” The boy yelled at him as Luhan had just smirked to himself of successfully getting him to say something to him. Maybe it wasn’t the reaction that he was really looking for but felt like it was a progress.

“You know him?” The other boy that Xiumin was talking to had asked him as Luhan had just smiled swinging his arm back over the boys shoulders.

“He’s my….hmmm…” He paused a bit before turning back to look at the boy.

“Boyfriend.” Jongdae was a bit surprised as he had slightly nodded his head before walking off. Xiumin had tried stopping him but he was already gone. Xiumin had quickly turned towards Luhan with big hurt filled eyes thinking that he couldn’t believe that Luhan had just done that in front of his crush like that.

Xiumin was so hurt as he had pushed Luhan without even saying another word before running off out of the coffee shop to his home. He was too hurt that all he had wanted to do was go home and crawl up into his bed with the blanket over his head to hide himself. He didn’t even care to bother working on his homework as he felt too embarrassed for what had happened at the coffee shop that he probably won’t even go to anymore.

His favorite place in the world was gone thanks to that stupid self- centered new kid from school.