Memory Eight

The Lost Memory

Kyuhyun smile when he see Sungmin was reading some book on his room the next day. He walk into the room, balancing the tray on his hand. “It’s time for breakfast” he said, placing the tray on the night stand.

Sungmin body jolt in surprise when he hear Kyuhyun voice, he didn’t realize that someone was walking to his room, “Kyu…?”

Kyuhyun take Sungmin book and place it on the bed. He sit on the edge of the bed, handing the breakfast to Sungmin, “You have to eat your vitamin…” Sungmin look at him not believe what he had see in front of him, Kyuhyun laughed at Sungmin facial expression, “Don’t look at me like that…” he bring his hand to Sungmin head and ruffle his hair.

Sungmin blushed hard; it was like the one in front of him was Kyuhyun… his Kyuhyun… “S-Sorry…” he whispered, holding the bowl in his hand tightly.

“I should be the one who say sorry…” Kyuhyun muttered. Sungmin look at him in the eyes, he can see that there was something that he couldn’t describe, something that told him that his Kyuhyun was there. “I’m sorry for being rude to you… for didn’t take care of you and the baby really well… for make you have a really hard months… I’m sorry… I hope you can forgive me”

Sungmin eyes were teary, “K-Kyu…?”

Kyuhyun take the bowl and put it aside, he hold onto Sungmin hand tightly, “I know I treat you really bad in these past months. I didn’t care about you or the baby. I let you take care of it alone… let you suffering alone and I just make it worse… I know my mistake couldn’t be forgiven but Sungmin-ah… I really sorry… I really am…”

Sungmin couldn’t hold his tears anymore, it fall freely to his cheeks. He grip Kyuhyun hand tighter and lean forward, letting his head to fall to Kyuhyun chest, as the sob come out from his mouth. Kyuhyun awkwardly circling his hand on Sungmin back and pull him closer, “Even if I still couldn’t remember about our relationship but I shouldn’t treat you so bad… you are still my wife and the baby still mine…”

Sungmin hold onto Kyuhyun back shirt tightly, he buried his face deeper on Kyuhyun chest. Inhaling Kyuhyun sweet scent, “Kyu…” he whispered.

“Sungmin-ah… let’s start from the beginning, okay?” he ask unsure but he sighed in relief when after a while he feel Sungmin nodded on his chest. Kyuhyun hug him for a few more minutes and pull him away. He wipe the tears that falling from Sungmin eyes, smile wider when handing back the bowl. “Now… it time to eat or the baby will do some demonstration inside your belly” he said while rubbing the belly, hearing that make Sungmin laughed quietly and slowly eat his breakfast.

 

***

 

Sungmin POV

I was so happy today… Kyuhyun was right here with me and taking care of me since early in the morning. Umma even said that Kyuhyun was taking care of me since yesterday… hehe I can’t stop smiling right now…

Right now, we are on my room. Kyuhyun was beside me, we are watching some movie that he had bought a few days later. I laughed when I see some funny moments but then I flinch and let out some groan when I feel the baby kick too hard, “You okay?” Kyuhyun look at me worriedly.

“I’m fine…” but it come again, I close my eyes and try to rub my belly.

“Are you sure that you are alright?” I open my eyes, trying to smile… try to tell him that I was okay. He put his hand on my shoulder and help me to lie down, “Just tell me if it was hurt… we can go to the hospital to check on it”

“It’s okay… the baby just kick too hard” I whispered, trying to find some good position for me to lie down… being pregnant make me feel uncomfortable sometimes but I’m happy that a few months later the baby will see the world.

A small touch on my belly bring me out from my thought, Kyuhyun was rubbing my belly and it make me feel comfortable, the pain was go away when he rub it, “I know you are excited…” he begin, “But don’t kick too hard… your mother will be in pain if you do that” I laughed, the baby was excited? Yeah… because it can feel its mother happiness because its father was there too…

I bring my hand and lie it over his hand, I grip his hand tightly make Kyuhyun to look at me, “The baby was happy because it can feel my happiness…”

He smile and ruffle my hair slowly, “I’m glad that you are happy” I smile back at him with my brightest smile… sigh… I hope that we can keep like this forever…

“Sungmin-ah…” I look at the door. Umma was there holding a glass of water and walk into the room, “It’s time to eat your vitamin” sigh… I don’t want to drink it. I’m healthy enough, the baby was fine too but then I couldn’t do anything because I know that sometime I can feel really sick and umma said that the vitamin will make me feel better.

She handed me some pills and a glass of water. I drink it in one gulp the handed the glass back to umma, “Thank you umma…”

She smile, sit beside me, “You should go out, Sungmin-ah… maybe Kyuhyun can accompany you because you never go out since a few months back”

I frown sadly when I remember that but then I feel a hand holding mine tighter. I look up just to see that Kyuhyun was staring at me, “Umma was right… we should go out. Maybe catch up some memories?” I smile when I hear that he was willing to know his past. I make me feel better because when he said that it mean that he want to know about me either. I nodded my head make him smile back; “Should we go tomorrow?” again I nodded my head. Aahhh… I can’t wait for tomorrow to come!!!

 

***

 

Next day

Kyuhyun POV

 I smile when I see someone beside me humming some song happily. I bring my hand to his and hold it tightly, “You happy?” he look at me and smile brightly. Ah… I really hope that he can smile forever, somehow see him smile like this make my heart beat faster and I even feel inside of my chest was got warm. Hm… is it the old Kyuhyun way to try to make me remember about my past feeling for Sungmin?

“Where will we go, Kyunie?” he look at me with his doe eyes, his eyes was told me that he was happy… really happy.

“Where do you want to go?”

“Um… I don’t know…” he said quietly, “My brain couldn’t work when I was so happy” his cheek was blush slightly. I couldn’t help but laughed seeing his expression.

“Well… I’m thinking to go to the beach. What do you think?” he nodded his head excitedly and hold my hand tighter.

After driving for about an hour, we arrive at the beach. I got out from the car and help Sungmin to go out too. He look awed with everything around him, “It’s really beautiful, Kyu…” he grip my hand tighter and drag me to the beach.

“Calm down, Minnie… the beach wouldn’t go anywhere” he look at me, nodding his head. We went to the beach and walking around it slowly. I don’t want him to be so tired. Umma even told me not to make him too tired when we was about to go this morning. It was for his and the baby sake, I don’t want any of them got hurt…

“Let rest for a while” I suggested when I see his pace slower than before.

“But Kyu~ I didn’t feel tired at all!” he pouting his lips cutely. Somehow seeing him like this make me think if he was really a man? Because a man couldn’t make such a pretty pout lips.

I sit on the sand, tug his hand slightly to make him sit beside me. He seems to know what I was thinking as he sit beside me, “You know I just don’t want you to feel too tired… I know you are really excited but you have to think about your and the baby health too” I see him nodded his head and lean on my shoulder. I pull him closer, holding his hand with mine. I don’t know why but I was really comfortable with our position like this and I feel that I always hugging him like this.

“Ne Kyunie…” I look at him, to find that his doe eye was closed.

“Hm?”

“After the baby was born... will you still be with me?” he open his eyes, looking through my eyes. His face was so calm but his eyes tell me that he was so nervous. He grip my hand tightly before he lean his head on my shoulder once again, “You don’t have to answer that…” I can feel the sadness come from his words. It feel like someone stab my heart and twist it tightly, I couldn’t breath regularly and something on my head telling me to answer his question. To tell him that I will be with him… but I couldn’t. My tongue feel really hard, it can’t move to form that word. Stupid! You are stupid, Cho Kyuhyun!

 

***

 

After a few minutes of resting. Sungmin pull my hand, make me to stand in front of him. Woa… I don’t know that he has strength to pull me up. His body was much smaller than mine and he was pregnant! It was a really big shock for me!

Sungmin laughed hard, maybe he see my shock face was priceless for him. Umm… well that okay… as long as he can laughed like that I don’t care that he made fun of me. I approach him with a smirk on my face, seeing this make him walk back. One step closer from mine and one step back from him. It was just like that until a smirk come to his face and he splash some water on my face. “Oh okay… so you want to fight with me, huh? Lee Sungmin?” I splash the water at him and he splash back. We keep splashing at each other until I see him was about to faint. I quickly run to him and hold his body, afraid that he would fall to the water but what was I got? He push me until I fall to the water and then he laughed. Ooh… that was how he played? I keep stay under the water until I feel him walk closer.

“Kyu…?” he sounded so worried. “Kyunie…?” he walk closer, his voice was a little bit shaky. Until I feel that he was right beside me, I bring my hand to hold his hand and pull him to the water. Okay… not so hard because I don’t want to hurt the baby but I was hard enough to make him fall and wet.

He come out from the water quickly and I come out after him, he glare at me, “You cheating, Kyu!!” he accused. Hey… who was the one to cheat on me on the first time?

“You start it first, Minnie…” he pouted his lips and crossed his arms on his chest. He throw me a glare before walk away. Sigh… now he got mad as if I was the one who make a mistake. I quickly run after him, hold his hand to stop him for walking any further, “Okay… I’m cheating… I’m sorry…” he look at me, unsure with what I was saying earlier, “I’m sorry, ne? Will you forgive me?” then a big smile creep on his face, he hold my hand tight. His face was full of happiness not like before.

“Okay!” he said cheerfully, “Let’s get wash out. My body feel sticky because of the water” he continue while dragging me to the washroom. Oh no… don’t tell me that it was… a mood swing.

 

***

 

“Ne Kyunie…” he said on the passenger seat beside me. After finish bathing we decide to find some lunch. He insist that he didn’t want to eat on the restaurant near the beach, he said that he can smell the saltiness of the water and it disturb his appetite.

“Ne?”

“I really want to eat ddokbukki with a strawberry sauce under the snow” he said with a hopeful look on his eyes. What?? Snow?? How can I find a snow when we are in summer??

“Sungmin-ah… you know that it was summer, right?” he nodded his head cutely, “So… you know that on summer we can’t find a snow, right?” again he nodded his head. “So… we can’t eat under the snow…” I said slowly, hoping that he would understand what I mean.

“But… I really want to eat ddokbukki with a strawberry sauce under the snow, Kyu…” he whined. Sigh… weird appetite… really weird wish… oh … welcome craving…. I think sarcastically but I never see Sungmin had a craving or a mood swing before, he looks really fine… well if you say that his morning sickness was fine but he never had a mood swing or a craving. Oh okay… maybe the baby was too excited today… congratulation, you had a double strike today, Cho Kyuhyun…

I keep thinking of some place who can fulfill his promise. Sigh… if we go to some restaurant and then I ask them to fulfill Sungmin wish they would kick me out for not booked it first. So where?? Where I could find the snow??? Ah!!! I know!!!

I look at him who was now pouting his lips, “Ne… we will eat ddokbukki under the snow” smile creep on his face and start to hum some song. Sigh… I have to think so hard just to make you smile like this? But… why I don’t feel burdened at all?

 

***

 

“Please~~” I kneeled in front of a man who look at me weirdly as if saying ‘are you crazy, Cho Kyuhyun?’ but I don’t care right now, “Please hyung… you are the one who can help me now. You are the owner of this café, right? So it wasn’t so hard for you to fulfill my wish”

“But… snow… snow, Kyuhyun!! Snow!! You know that it was summer and you requesting for snow!! Are you crazy?”

“Yes, I’m crazy but hyung… just make it from something else… I’m not requesting for a real snow. Even a baby will know that there was no snow on summer but just make it like it was a real snow” He seems to think for a while before he nodded his head, “Thank you, hyung… and don’t forget ddokbukki with strawberry sauce!”

“Yes… yes… just wait for a little while” he said and disappearing to the staff only room.

I walk to where Sungmin was sit quietly beside the window, I sit in front of him which make him to look at me, “We have to wait for a while” he nodded his head and look back to the outside.

After an hour later, Jungmo-hyung approach us and said that everything was ready. He lead us to one room where there was just I table and 2 chair in the middle of the room. We walk in and sit on the chair. Jungmo-hyung excused himself and a few minutes after that s waiter come to give us the ddokbukki. I look at it, afraid that the two of them was a ddokbukki with strawberry sauce but I sigh in relief when I realize that the other ddokbukki was normal.

I give the special ddokbukki to Sungmin, he thank me with a brightest smile I ever seen in my life and eat it happily. Wait! He didn’t ask about the snow? I keep looking at him who eat his special ddokbukki excitedly, what it taste like?

“Sungmin-ah, you di––“ I was cut off when I see the white thing fall down from the roof. Well… the snow coming…

“Woah!!! Snow!!” Sungmin said excitedly. He extended his hand; let the snow to fall to his hand. “Thank you, Kyu!!” he said cheerfully. A small smile creep on my face when I see him smiling widely like that. At least my hard work could make him smile like this.

 

***

 

After eating our lunch, we go to another place. Han River. When we arrive, the sun was already set. So we just sit there watching the beautiful view of town in there. Sungmin laid his head on my shoulder like when we are on the beach. We keep sitting there in silence until I hear a yawn from my side. I see Sungmin blinking his eyes slowly and I know that he was sleepy.

“I think we should go home” he nodded his head. We go back to my car and drive back to my house. When we arrived, Sungmin was fast asleep on the passenger seat. I don’t know why but I couldn’t wake him up. I don’t want to disturb his sleep. So I carry him to the house and to his room. I lie him down on his bed, pull the blanket until it reach his shoulder.

After everything was done, I look at his sleeping figure. He look so calm, like there was nothing could disturb him from his sleep. I brush some strand that fall to his face before I get out of the room. I was about to walk into my room when I hear my mother call me.

“Ne umma?” I ask tiredly. I just want to sleep now.

He sigh hard then approach me, “Seohyun come earlier. She was searching for you, she try to call you so many time but you didn’t answer it. She said that she will come tomorrow” oh no… I forget about her…

 


 

A/N:

First post at 23 November 2011

On fumiyo92's LiveJournal

Not Edited