Memory Eleven

The Lost Memory

Seohyun jaw dropped. Her eyes grow wide, she look at Kyuhyun, she can’t believe what he had just said to her, “You’re lying, right oppa?” she hold on Kyuhyun hands, shaking it lightly. “Tell me that it was just a lie!!” she shake his arms frantically.

“Stop it Seo” Kyuhyun let go of her arms but she wouldn’t let it go, “I’m not lying! I remember everything. About us… about Sungmin… about everything. You don’t have to lie to me again, Seo... because I already know everything…”

Seohyun gaped; she didn’t know what to do anymore. What Kyuhyun said make her disbelief but ashamed at the same time. She look at him once again to make sure that he was lying, but he didn’t. There was no trace of lie on his eyes. “It’s impossible… no… this can’t be happened” She back away until she bump the wall.

“I’m sorry about this, Seo… I’m sorry if I give you a false hope… I’m sorry but please understand… we can’t be together, I already have Sungmin and my baby… you deserve someone better than me” she glare at Sungmin and then at him before stomp her feet away from the room.

Kyuhyun let out a huge sigh when he see Seohyun walk out of the room quickly after he said that. He feel guilty, yes… he couldn’t shake that feeling away when he saw her but… he walk back to the bed where Sungmin was sitting on quietly. Sungmin hair was covering his face, but Kyuhyun can see his body was shaking slightly, he sit on the edge of the bed, holding Sungmin hand tightly, “Minnie-ah…” he lift Sungmin chin only to see tears were falling from his eyes, “Don’t cry…” he wipe the tears away from his cheek.

“Kyunie…” Sungmin bring his shaky hand to touch Kyuhyun cheek and hold his head, “Do you really…?” Sungmin couldn’t hold the tears when Kyuhyun nodded his head, he launched himself to Kyuhyun arms, hugging him tightly, “Finally… finally you remember me Kyunie… finally…” Kyuhyun hold him back, carefully not to hurt Sungmin, “I-I thought you wouldn’t remember me again… I thought I could never be with you again… I thought I will lose you, Kyunie…”

“Shh… Minnie… it’s okay…” he whispered on Sungmin ear while Sungmin back lightly, “I’m here… I wouldn’t leave you again, okay… I remember everything… you wouldn’t lose me… I’m here… with you…” but the sobs just come harder, Sungmin clutching on Kyuhyun clothes tightly and buried his face deeper on Kyuhyun chest, muffling some sobs that come out from his mouth. He try to calm himself, to tell himself that his Kyuhyun was finally here with him, but he just couldn’t stop the tears that falling from his eyes, he couldn’t do anything… his emotional side win over him.

Kyuhyun just embrace him tighter when he hear some muffled sobs come from Sungmin… he whispering some comforting words and rub his back lovingly, and sometime kissing his temple, trying to make him calmer. They stay on that position for a while until Sungmin sobs decreased, he pull away from Kyuhyun hold, looking at his husband face with his teary eyes. He shift his body close to Kyuhyun, he peck Kyuhyun lips lightly, “Kyunie… I love you…”

“I love you too, Minnie-ah…”

“Don’t leave me again, Kyunie…”

“I won’t leave you again. I promise you that”

 

***

 

Sungmin POV

I open my eyes, blinking my eyes slowly. When did I fall asleep? I scan the room, hoping to find Kyuhyun sleeping on my side as always but it was empty. He didn’t sleep beside me or on the chair beside my bed.. Where is he? He said that he already remember everything, right? So why wouldn’t he be near me?

“Sungmin-ah… you awake?” the voice from my right startled me. I look at the source just to find Ahra-noona was unpack something from her bag.

“Noona? Where Kyunie?”

“He go home. I tell him to rest for a while, he hasn’t go home since you are here. Don’t worry… I’ll accompany you when he’s away…” ah… so everything was just a dream huh? I bit my lips, trying to calm myself. I don’t want just to burst out in tears in front of her. She will be freak out. It was just a dream anyway… she wouldn’t know about it too. But yet… I couldn’t shake the disappointment on my heart. I just want it to be real. “You okay?” she caress my hair, “He wouldn’t go for too long. He said that he’ll come back after he finished everything”

Finished everything? How long? Is he gonna meet Seohyun? I shake my head, I can’t think of that. Kyunie wouldn’t meet her again. They broke up yesterday, right? B-But… what if… no… it was just my dream… sigh…

“Here” she handed me a bowl of porridge. Porridge again, huh? I don’t want to eat porridge anymore~~ I want to eat something else~~

“Noona… can I eat something else? I already eat porridge yesterday” I pout my lips and cross my hand on my chest, annoyed. Just give me something else to eat~~

“The doctor said that you have to eat some soft food, Sungmin-ah”

“The baby will get sick if he always eat porridge everyday, noona… he want something else”

I hear her chuckled because if this. She take the bowl from my hand and place it on the night stand. “What the baby want then, Sungmin-ah?”

What? Chagi-ah… what do you want to eat, hm? “Ah! Noona!! Can you hand me my cell phone?” she ruffled my hair and take the cell phone. Why is everyone like to ruffling my hair like that? I’m not a child~~ I press the dial number and wait for someone to answer it.

“Hello”

“Kyunie… where are you~?”

“I’m on the way to the hospital, Minnie-ah… I get there really fast okay?” I nodded my head but then I realize that he couldn’t see me.

“Ne Kyunie… but… can you buy me something?”

“What is it, hm?”

“I want cotton candy~”

“Cotton candy?” I nodded my head happily. But it still early in the morning, you shouldn’t eat that at this time, you’ll get stomachache, Minnie...”

“But I want it Kyunie~~ our baby want it too” I whined with all I might, I really want cotton candy… “Ne, Kyunie~~ buy me one, okay? A pink cotton candy, ne? Please Kyunie~~ you don’t want to see our baby hate his father because he didn’t get the cotton candy, right?”

I hear him sigh on the other side of the phone, “Ne Minnie-ah… I’ll buy the cotton candy for you”

“Thank you, Kyunie~~ you really a good father~~ I love you~~” I hang up before he can answer anything. I know that he won’t reply my confession earlier; he still couldn’t remember me after all…

“You done?” Ahra-noona voice bring me up to the reality. She take my cell phone away and handed the bowl back to me, smiling slightly while caressing my hair. “Now it’s time to eat, ne?” I take the spoon from her and begin to eat. Sigh… even though I don’t want to eat porridge anymore but I can’t let my baby to be hungry. Well… at least I’ll get the cotton candy when Kyunie get here.

 

***

 

Kyuhyun POV

I walk into the hospital, holding a pink cotton candy on my hands. Sigh… Sungmin~ how come you want to eat cotton candy early in the morning, what if you get stomachache? What if it will harm you and the baby? Sigh… but I just can’t refuse it at all. He will be crying if I did so… thanks to his emotional state.

“Mr. Cho?” I look at my side, I bowed my body slightly when I see Doctor Park was there, “Mr. Cho there is something I need to discuss with you. Can we talk on my room?” I nodded my head and follow him to his room. Is there something wrong with Sungmin? Or he want to discussing about the baby? I take a seat in front of him, he open some file and look at me with serious look, “It’s about the baby, Mr. Cho… I think it is the right time to discuss it with you. I’m sure that you already tell Mr. Lee about this matter”

“Yes, I already tell him that. But doctor, we decide to keep the baby”

“You already know the consequences from your decision, right Mr. Cho? I know we couldn’t do anything with this. We wouldn’t do something without our patient permission but I have to tell you once again Mr. Cho that if you keep the baby with your wife condition right now, the chance for him to survive was so small”

“I already know Doctor Park but… from now on… I-I’ll make sure that Sungmin condition would be better. He wouldn’t be like this again. I’ll take care of him from now on… both his health and emotional”

Doctor Park sigh hard, I know it was a hard decision… him being a doctor surely want to do his best for his patient but this is my wife and my baby we are talking about. I know the consequences from my decision and so is Sungmin… I don’t want to lose the baby and I don’t want to lose Sungmin either. “I can’t do anything if that was your decision Mr. Cho but…” he write something on the paper and handed it to me, some medicine again for Sungmin, “It wasn’t a medicine… it was a vitamin to make him better” I nodded my head, I’ll buy it later “Just make sure to keep his emotional stable, you are the only one who can help him, Mr. Cho”

I look at him once again with a smile on my face, “I’ll do that doctor… I’ll make sure of it”

“Well…” he look at the file on his hand, “I think Mr. Lee could go home today. His condition was better than tomorrow but Mr. Cho… you still have to keep an eye on him and quickly bring him to the hospital if there was something wrong with his condition”

“Thank you, Doctor Park” I bowed my body and get out of his room. Ah… I can’t wait to tell Sungmin about this…

I walk into Sungmin room, Ahra-noona was still there, sitting on the chair beside his bed, accompany him to watch some drama from the TV. “Annyeong” Sungmin look at my direction and smile brightly.

“Kyunie! You’re here! Where is my cotton candy~~” sigh… I quickly come to the hospital for him and he just asking for his cotton candy? Sungmin-ssi… don’t you know that I come back here quickly just to meet you? I think mockingly. “Kyunie~”

“Ne… here your cotton candy” I handed him the cotton candy, he accept it happily and quickly eat it as soon as he open the wrapper. I couldn’t help but smile seeing him happy like this… I bring my hand to his stomach, rubbing it lovingly. Baby-ah... appa will make your umma happy… it’s a promise… so be strong and born healthily, ne…

“Kyunie~~ it ticklish~~” I look up to see Sungmin pouting his lips, back away slightly to avoid my touch. Sigh… since when he was so ticklish in that area?

“Ah noona” I look at her who was now sitting on the couch not far away from us.

“Finally you recognize me, Kyu…” she said sarcastically.

“I’m sorry noona” I smile sheepishly, “But can you help him packing Sungmin things?” she frowned but she do it after a while.

“Why?” I chuckled when I see there was some cotton candy in his lips. He was just like a little kid… I wipe it with my hand, he blushed hard when he realize what’s going on.

“Doctor said that you can go home today, Minnie…”

“Really?” he look at me, his eyes shining with happiness. I nodded my head, he launched himself into mine, forgetting his cotton candy that was lying lifelessly on the floor, thrown away because he was too happy. “Finally I can go out of this place” he rested his head on my shoulder, “It’s so boring in here”

“Get ready and we can go home after that, ne?” he pull away from me, get out from the bed. I was about to help him to go to the bathroom but he just glare at me.

“I can do it by myself, Kyu… I’m not a child!” he pouted and walk into the bathroom. I look at my noona but she just shrugged her shoulder, laughing slightly because of that. Sigh… I was just worried about him. Is it wrong?

 

***

 

“Did umma know that I can go home today, Kyu?” Sungmin asked after we check out from the hospital.

“No…let give her a surprise, ne?” he nodded his head excitedly. I open the passenger seat, help him to seat and put on his seatbelt and close the door carefully.

I see noona was picking the back to the trunk, I run to her and help her, “You should just let it there, noona. I’ll pick it up by myself” I take the bag from her hand and place it on the trunk.

“But Kyuhyunie… it’s so light. I can help you with that, beside you have to help Sungmin” I pretend not to hear what she was saying. It was my duty as Sungmin husband to do that, right? She huffed when she realize that it wouldn’t work on me.

“Let’s go” I said after everything was done. I go to the driver seat, start the car and drive away from the hospital. Sigh… I hope I won’t come back again to this place except when the time my baby was born to this world.

The way to my house was silent; noona was sleeping the backseat, sigh… I think she don’t have a good sleep these few months, she always do her works until midnight even sometime I see that she didn’t sleep at all, she really a hard worker, huh? She and appa said that I could come back to my work after I regain my memory… well… I don’t remember that I was working on my father company before. Sungmin was looking outside of the window quietly. Sigh… I know that we have to focus on driving but I can’t stand this silence.

“Kyunie…” Sungmin said not averting his gaze from outside of the window, “Kyu… what do you want? A boy or a girl?” I look at me, confused what does he mean? He averting his gaze and look at me, “Our baby… what do you want? Boy or girl?”

I smile when I see his happy look, I hold his hand and squeeze it lightly, “Anything fine for me. Either girl or boy… it was our baby… as long as it could born healthily… I’m okay with the gender”

He nodded his head happily before look back at the window, “Kyu… maybe I should write a baby diary for our baby?” he chuckled after he said that, “I think it will be good… writing everyday for the baby. Ah!! Maybe I should really do that”

“Just do whatever you think it’s good, Minnie-ah… a hobby will be good for you because I think you couldn’t go out more often”

“Mhm…maybe I should try to knit the baby clothes… hehe I’ll ask umma to teach me that”

I ruffle his hair slightly, “I think our baby would be happy, knowing that the clothes they are wore was made by their mother”

“Well… we have to buy some wool then… I’ll be warmer for the baby”

“Want to buy it first before we got home?” he look at me and nodded his head excitedly. We go the other side of the town, where I know a place where my mother always buy the things that she needed for knitting. I park the car, help him to go out of the car and walk into the shop.

We buy so many things… Sungmin insist that he would use them all to make something for our baby and once again… I couldn’t refuse what he want. We go back again to the car and after setting them all on the trunk, we drive away from the shop… go to my house this time…

 

***

 

I park my car on the garage and help Sungmin to get out of the car. I was about to take the bag from the trunk but noona already do that for me, “Noona… I can bring it by myself…”

“No Kyuhyun… listen to me this time… you help Sungmin and I bring his bag” she walk past me with a bag on her hand. Sigh… noona was as stubborn as me… “How come this family was surrounding by stubborn people?” I walk to Sungmin side, helping him to walk into the house.

“Don’t be like that, Kyu…noona just wanted to help you” he my arms, try to make me calm. Yeah… I know that…

“Sungminnie~~” a shout from inside make us startled for a while. My mother rushed out and hug her son-in-law tightly, “Why didn’t you tell me that you can go home today? I’ll make something special for you…”

“Kyuhyun said that we should make a surprise for you, umma” Sungmin said, hugging her back and pull away after a while. My mother hold his hand, walking into the room, leaving me alone in the garage. Sigh… now I was the one who left behind…

I go back to my car, taking some bags from the car and bring it upstairs. I place it on the hallway when I see Sungmin, noona and my mother was on his room, ready to unpack his things. I quickly run into his room and close the bag zipper, make them look at me confusedly.

“What are you doing in this room, Minnie?”

“It was my room, Kyu… of course I’ll unpack my things here…” sigh… I take his bag, holding his hand and walk out from his room. I open the door to our room, placing the bag on the floor and sit him on the bed, “But Kyu… why––“

“You are my wife, right?” he look at me, eyes wide before nodded his head slowly, “Why would you sleep on the other room? You are my wife and I’m your husband… we have to sleep together, right? Like we used to do in the past?”

He snap his head up, looking at me with teary eyes. “So do you really remember all?” I nodded my head.

“Didn’t I already tell you about that yesterday?”

He nodded his head slowly, “I-I think it was just a dream… you are not there when I woke up this morning. So I think that I was dreaming when you said that you already remember everything” I kneel in front of him, letting him to hug me tightly. “I’m glad…” I let the smile to creep on my face, buried my face on the crook of his shoulder, inhaling the familiar scent of him, the scent I longing for a long time.

 

***

 

“Kyuhyun…” it was 9 at night when I hear someone knock the door. I slid out of my bed slowly, carefully not to wake Sungmin up from his sleep. He was so tired but he said that he couldn’t sleep at all, after 1 hour cuddling on the bed, finally he can sleep peacefully and I don’t want to disturb him.

“Ne?” I open the door, noona was there smiling slightly at me.

“Can we talk?” I nodded my head, slid out of the room and close the door quietly. She led me to the balcony at the end of the hallway. She place her drink on the coffee table and sit on one of the chair, “Sit here…” she tap the other chair and I sit there, right in front of her. “Here” she handed me some drink… what is she want to talk to me about?

“Noona?”

“I hear what you said to him earlier…” she said, looking at the other but me, “Do you really could remember everything?” she look at me suspiciously, she was so serious… I never see her like this except when she was doing her paperwork.

“Yes”

“I know you, Kyuhyun… do you think you can lie to me? You haven’t regain all of your memories, right?”

I sigh hard… I know I couldn’t lie to her… she know me too well… slowly I nodded my head, “I still couldn’t remember everything but I already regain some of my memories” I hold her hand and look at her pleadingly, “Please… don’t tell Sungmin about it… I don’t want to make him sad because of this”

“You think you can lie to him forever, Kyu… he would be really hurt when he know about this”

“I know about that, noona… but please… you are the only one who know about this… please… don’t tell anyone about this… let them believe that I already regain all of my memories…”

“You know you can’t lie to umma either, right?”

“I know, noona… I’ll tell her later… but please don’t tell Sungmin about this…”

She chuckled slightly, holding my hand, “Yeah… I know… I wouldn’t tell him… I don’t want to see him sad either… because I really love him just like I love you, Kyu… you know that right?” I nodded my head. She bring her hand and ruffle my head slightly… sigh… now I know why Sungmin always mad at me when I do that, and I don’t like it.

“Stop it noona” I hold her hand, pulling away from my hand, “I’m not a child… and don’t treat me like I was…”

“You are still a child, Kyu… well at least for me and umma…” she chuckled make me frown. Yeah… I know they always treat me like that but hey! I will be a father in a few months! Imagining about that always make me happy… to have a baby and teach them about life… watch them grown up and play with them… “Why are you smiling like that?”

I grin at her, “Nothing… just imagining my life when the baby was born… I can’t wait for that”

“I want to see your child too, Kyu… but… I hope that they wouldn’t take after yours…”

“Why? I’m good and I handsome…”

“I want them to be more like Sungmin than you, Kyu…”

“Aish noona… I’m the baby’s father…”

She laughed, make me frown… why? I’m its father, right? Of course the baby would take after me… I’m handsome and I’m a good person. I chuckled when I realize that I was so overconfident… well I want them to be like Sungmin too in some aspect too. “Kyu… you have to make him happy… he suffering enough these past months…”

“I know, noona… I’ll make him happy forever” I sip my drink when I feel the weather get colder, “Do you know, noona…? I think I fallen for him once again…”

 


 

A/N:

First post at 24 December 2011

On fumiyo92's LiveJournal

Not Edited