Memory One

The Lost Memory

Three pair of step rushed in the hallway of Jeju Hospital. The three of them running to the emergency room, place that told where the two of their family is. The man look trying hard to calm his wife who was crying beside him and their daughter was behind them, her face fill with fear, anxiety and sadness. They never know that the vacation that they planed would be turn into something like this.

When they come, outside the emergency room was full of police officer. They told them about the accident and the woman couldn’t stop her tears as she is sobbing on her husband chest while muttering something about her sons.

“From their position when we rescue them, it seems that your son protecting the other but unfortunately it seems that it didn’t use well” one of the officer said.

“But they are okay, right? Nothing bad happen to them, right?” Ahra speak representing her father who was trying to calm her mother.

“We still don’t know about that, the doctor still checking on them”

They sit on the waiting room with an anxiety on their heart. Kyuhyun father couldn’t stay still, he keep walking back and forth in front of the emergency door. Kyuhyun’s mother keep sobbing hard while Ahra is hugging her trying to calm her even though she know that she was crying too.

A few hours later, finally the doctor come out, “How are my sons?” Kyuhyun’s father approach him as soon as he come out from the room.

“Mr. Lee is okay, even though we have to stitch him on his back and he have to use the neck brace for a while. He will be moved to the patient room after the doctors’ finish to check on him” they let out a relief sigh when they hear that, “But… Mr. Cho is different…”

“What happen to him? He is okay, right?”

“We are sorry to say this… but Mr. Cho is in coma…” Kyuhyun’s mother sobbing hard when she hear it. Ahra couldn’t stop her tears anymore knowing that her brother was not okay. “He has a fractured hips and fractured rib that was close to rip his heart if we didn’t do an operation quickly, we have to stitch his back and he has a broken arm”

“Can we see him?” Kyuhyun father ask when he can calm himself. The doctor look at his hopeful face but then he sigh hard, trying to reveal the condition without broke the family’s heart more.

“I’m sorry but for now you couldn’t. We still have to keep an eye on his condition, we couldn’t allow anybody to see him right now… the other doctors was still inside to check on him and stabilizes his condition and he will be moved to the intensive room after that. So, I’m sorry… you still couldn’t see him until finish it”

The doctor bow his body and walk in to the emergency room again. A few minutes later, the door opened and some nurses was wheeling Sungmin outside. Just like the doctor said to him, he is okay beside of the neck cast that attached to him. They follow them to the patient room. The nurse set everything up before she look at the family, “He would be unconscious until tomorrow” she informed them before walk out from the room.

Kyuhyun’s mother walk slowly to the bed and sit on the chair next to it. She hold his hand and look at his son in-law face and caress his cheek, “Sungmin-ah…” she said before she start to sob, “It’s not supposed to turn out like this… they suppose to have fun and enjoying their honeymoon, not lying in the hospital like this…”

Ahra walk to her side and hug her tight, “Umma…”

“How am I suppose to tell if he asking about Kyuhyun?” she muttered more to herself, thinking of it just make her heart hurt more… he cannot find the answer to her own question.

“Umma… Kyuhyun will survive… he wouldn’t lose… he wouldn’t leave Sungmin alone… he wouldn’t leave us… he wouldn’t”

 

***

 

The first thing that Sungmin feel when he regained his consciousness is pain. His body feel hurt everywhere, it’s like someone was hitting him until his body feel numb. The second thing that he feel was someone was holding on his right hand. He open his eyes and look around, everything is white and the smell of medicine is really strong.

He move his finger slightly making the person who holding his hand look down at him. “Sungmin-ah…” he look at his right and find his mother in-law sitting next to him.

“Umma…” his voice is so weak and hoarse, Ahra come and handed a glass of water and handed it to her mother. She help Sungmin to drink it through the straw. “Umma… why am I here? Where Kyuhyun?”

Kyuhyun mother blink the tears away from her eyes before look at his son in-laws face once again, “You got into an accident last night, that why you are here. But you don’t have to worry… you are okay beside of the fact that you have to use the neck brace for a while” she smile and Sungmin’s hair lovingly.

“Aah…” Sungmin nodded his head and look at her once again, “Where Kyuhyun?”

“Appa was there to accompany him. The doctor said that he is okay. His condition is more stable than right now” she continue to his hair, ‘I’m sorry Sungmin-ah… you shouldn’t know about Kyuhyun condition yet’ she thought.

“Can I see him right now? I want to make sure that he is okay”

“Doctor said that you still have to rest, you still didn’t allowed to move from your bed” Sungmin pouted which make her to chuckle slightly, “But after you are good enough, we can see him” ‘And I hope that when it come, Kyuhyun would come out from his coma state’ she add it on her mind. “Is it hurt somewhere?” she ask worriedly, even though the doctor said that he is okay, she couldn’t help to ask him it.

Sungmin look at her then nodded his head, “My head hurt” he ask truthfully, his head was pounding since he is wake up.

Kyuhyun’s mother put his hand on Sungmin’s head and start to massage it, try to lessen the pain, “How about now?” Sungmin nodded his head and close his eyes, a minute later Sungmin is fall asleep again.

The door opened, revealing Ahra with a bag on her hand, she put the bag on the sofa and walk to her mother and kiss her cheek, “How’s Kyuhyun?”

Ahra force a small smile on her face, “Still the same as last night, the doctor already let appa to accompany him tough, but aside of that was nothing” she look at Sungmin’s sleeping face and said, “How’s Sungmin?”

“He wake up for a while, asking about why he was here and he is asking for Kyuhyun too” Ahra look at her with a worried face, “No… I didn’t tell him about Kyuhyun real condition. I just tell him that they got into an accident and appa was accompany Kyuhyun on his room”

Ahra look at Sungmin face with a sad smile, “I hope everything would be okay”

 

***

 

It was a week later when the doctor told them that Sungmin can get out from the hospital; Ahra was told to take him to the hotel when Sungmin insist to meet Kyuhyun. Seeing her in-law worried face, she sigh and led him to the intensive care. Sungmin face turn into a frown when he realize where she leading him. Ahra knocked the door, before open it and let Sungmin to come in. Sungmin look around and see his parent in-law was there and then his eyes laid on someone who was lying on the bed. More than one machine attached to his body, his eyes close tight and there was a mask on his face. Tears threatening to fall from his eyes and it slowly slipping to his cheek. “K-Kyunie…” he tried to hold back a sob but he fail as he start to sobbing.

He approach the bed slowly, pinching his arms lightly just to realize that it wasn’t a dream. That it was real. He stop beside the bed and look at his husband sleeping form closely, he hold his hand and caress his face, “K-Kyunie… wake up…” he said softly.

He feel a big hand rubbing his shoulder, he look up and find his father in-law was looking at him in the eyes, “A-Appa…”

“Sungmin-ah… it’s good to see you are okay” he said and smiling at him.

“Appa… how’s Kyuhyun?”

The older man bit his lips before look at his son sleeping figure, he hold Sungmin’s other hand and look at him on the eyes, “He try to protect you when the accident happen” he inhale the air before he continue, “He is in coma, Sungmin-ah”

The tears that stop before was falling again from Sungmin’s eyes. His legs are too weak to keep his body to stand up as he falling to the floor. He bounded his hand together and hold it to his chest tightly, he bite his hand to prevent him from screaming.

Seeing him like that make Kyuhyun father to sit in front of him and hold onto his hand, “Sungmin-ah… we need you to keep calm”

“Andwae…” he muttered, “Andwae… andwae!!!” he screamed.

“Sungmin-ah…” Kyuhyun father hold onto Sungmin’s shoulder, trying hard to make him calm but then Sungmin let it go harshly and get up.

Sungmin look at Kyuhyun form before he hold his hand tightly, “Kyunie… it was a joke, isn’t it? It’s not funny anymore… wake up…” he said pleadingly, “Kyunie… I said it’s not funny! Wake up!!” he start to shake Kyuhyun body harshly. Kyuhyun father hold him from behind, prevent him to hurt Kyuhyun more, “Wake up!!!” he screamed, tears was rolling freely from his eyes, “Wake up!!!” he tighten his hold on Kyuhyun hand, “I’ll hate you if you don’t wake up right now!! I’ll hate you Kyunie… *sob* I HATE YOU CHO KYUHYUN!!! I HATE YOU!!! *sob* I hate you *sob*” he would fall if the older man didn’t hold him up, but then Kyuhyun father sit on the floor, making Sungmin to sit too, “I *sob* hate you *sob* Kyunie… wake *sob* up… wake *sob* up…” he keep muttering that again and again until his breath was ragged and he start to hyperventilating.

Seeing this, Kyuhyun’s father hold on Sungmin’s shoulder and bring him to his chest. He put his mouth on Sungmin’s ear and whispering, “Breath… Sungmin… breath slowly… you are hyperventilating… breath slowly…” but seems like Sungmin was lost on his world as his breath was quicken and minutes later he went limp. “Ahra!! Call the doctor!!” he told her. Ahra quickly wipe her tears away and rushed out of the room.

Minutes later, a doctor come with two nurses tailing behind him. He told Kyuhyun’s father to lie Sungmin down on the sofa. The doctor check on him and tell the nurses prepared the oxygen tube, they do that in less than a minute and after finishing it they connecting it to a mask and place it on Sungmin’s face. After the last check up on Sungmin’s body, the doctor turn to face the three other people on that room, “What exactly happened before until he become like this?” the doctor asked.

“We told him everything… about our son condition and he couldn’t take it well. We try to calm him but it seems that it really shocked him until he become like this” Kyuhyun’s father explained.

“Actually… there’s nothing wrong with his physical condition but I’m afraid that his mental is shaken because of this. Try to keep his mental state more stable, don’t make it worse than its state now or else we wouldn’t know what will happen to him” he said before bowed his body and leave the room followed by the nurses.

Kyuhyun’s mother sit beside Sungmin and hold his hand, “It’s the first time I see him like this after his parent funeral 12 years ago” she said, “That day I make a promise on his parent’s name that I can’t let him suffered again but I failed…”

“Chagi-ah… this is something that we can’t prevent” Kyuhyun father said and hug his wife tightly, “We have to keep strong for the both of them, ne…?” she nodded her head slowly.

Ahra walk closer to his brother bed, she hold his hand tightly and look at his face, “Kyuhyun-ah… wake up… quickly… we need you… Sungmin need you…”

 

***

 

The next day, Sungmin was there holding his husband hand tightly when he feel Kyuhyun fingers move. He look up at Kyuhyun face to see that he is wake up. “Kyunie…” he hug him not to tightly because afraid that it would hurt him more, “Kyunie… Kyunie…” he keep muttering it like a mantra.

The door opened, the two people rushed inside when they see Sungmin was hugging Kyuhyun body. They afraid that Sungmin still couldn’t take it and try to wake Kyuhyun up again like yesterday but then they stop midway when they see that Kyuhyun eyes was opened, he is wake up.

“Kyuhyun?” His mother said, Kyuhyun look up and found his mother sad yet happy face, he smile at her signaling that he is really wake up from his comatose.

“U-ma…” he look at his mother side and found his father, “A-pa” Sungmin let go of Kyuhyun body and look at his in-law, there was tears that flow from his eyes but they know that it was tears of happiness.

Kyuhyun mother quickly get a glass of water and help him to drink it, after that she hold Kyuhyun other hand and hug him, “You make us worry… don’t do that again, arraso?” Kyuhyun nodded his head.

“What happened?”

“You got into an accident a week ago and then you slip into a comatose” his father said, “I’m glad that you are awake now” he smile which make Kyuhyun to smile too.

Sungmin tighten his hold on Kyuhyun hand to make sure that it wasn’t a dream, he smile brightly when he feel that the hand is still there, that it didn’t disappear. Feeling it, Kyuhyun look at his side which making Sungmin to smile more, “Kyunie… finally you are awake” he said, there are a tears on the corner of his eyes.

“Yeah…” Kyuhyun said but then his face turn into a frown, “But… who are you?”

 


 

A/N:

First post at 23 June 2011

On fumiyo92's LiveJournal

Not Edited